Official Loki Thread

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
But mysteries as a genre are asking you to guess ahead. The fact Marvel is pulling those mysteries from the same fifty years of lore as the fans watching is going to have that outcome.

I mean a Sherlock show without the first guess of a major criminal mastermind villain being Moriarty would be a rarity.

The MCU isn’t making wild swings on new IPs. The reason they pull Kid Loki vs making a new character will lead to people guessing the arc.

But you gotta realize for the overwhelming majority of fans, today is the very 1st time they have ever seen or heard of a Kid Loki. Thats a DEEEEEEP character reference even basing it on people who have passing knowledge (video games, cartoons, movies) of the Marvel Universe. There isnt anything to guess because the audience has no reference for this character outside of what is being presented. So Mephisto not showing up in a show isnt a negative because i guarantee you MOST of the people watching these shows dont know who that is.

Let me give you an example using my own postings in this thread. When i first saw Boastful Loki, i didnt think that was a Loki, i thought it was a Thor, because he had a hammer and from everything Marvel has presented to me so far Thor has the hammer. The next episode they immediately cleared it up that he was also a Loki because they didnt expect me to carry 50 years of comic knowledge into this show and recognize that character as Boastful Loki.

The comic guru is not the audience here, the show isnt being written for you to figure everything out and be an online hero. Also think about it, YOU REALLY THINK MARVEL IS GOING TO DEBUT MUTANTS, FANTASTIC 4, ETC IN A TV SHOW AND NOT A MOVIE?

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This formula definitely creates more buzz (as did WandaVision)

Just saying they gotta pay it off or next time they do a mystery show people are just gonna tune out.

I hate sounding negative breh cause I really am enjoying the show.
[However, if the big bad is just another Loki or Miss Minutes then we got roped into another Wanda is the villain all along/the sneaky side character turned out to be really sneaky (Agatha). /SPOILER]

I think Kang leaves a good feeling about the show and going forward. If not:ld:

I legit forgot about how the Ralph Bohner character being such a :shaq2: moment.
Whoever that is they are a very small part of the overall fan base of these shows. Loki is more popular than WandaVision despite some fans disappointment not less popular. Seems counter intuitive but that's just the case.
And there are other things going on with these shows. There are countless reaction videos of fans crying their eyes out for Wanda and connecting to her coping with her grief. There droves of minority military vets loving that there issues were addressed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The comic nerd faction looking for easter aggs and who can accurately guess what's next is a small part of the audience now. Marvel has evolved to something for everyone not just comic book fans.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
But you gotta realize for the overwhelming fans, today is the very 1st time they have ever seen or heard of a Kid Loki. Thats a DEEEEEEP character reference even basing it on people who have passing knowledge (video games, cartoons, movies) of the Marvel Universe. There isnt anything to guess because the audience has no reference for this character outside of what is being presented. So Mephisto not showing up in a show isnt a negative because i guarantee you MOST of the people watching these shows dont know who that is.

Let me give you an example using my own postings in this thread. When i first saw Boastful Loki, i didnt think that was a Loki, i thought it was a Thor, because he had a hammer and from everything Marvel has presented to me so far Thor has the hammer. The next episode they immediately cleared it up that he was also a Loki because they didnt expect me to carry 50 years of comic knowledge into this show and recognize that character as Boastful Loki.

The comic guru is not the audience here, the show isnt being written for you to figure everything out and be an online hero. Also think about it, YOU REALLY THINK MARVEL IS GOING TO DEBUT MUTANTS, FANTASTIC 4, ETC IN A TV SHOW AND NOT A MOVIE?
Dude. I’ve never read a solo Thor book in my life. I only know from what other people tell me. When I see others saying Kid Loki, Sylvie/Enchantress, old Loki had a similar story in the comics that is the first time I’ve heard of any of this.

The whole reason I didn’t think Kang was in it was storytelling reasons. But the Easter eggs and comic references do give a strong indication.

I didn’t know anything about Mephisto either. I just figured they wouldn’t make Wanda the villain. Around episode five is when saw the writing on the wall.

When Quicksilver showed up I definitely got okey doked into multiverse theories even though I didn’t think it was FoxMen.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Great episode. Classic Loki >>>>

They're really dragging out the reveal on who created the TVA though :heh: gonna make damn sure you watch the next episode

I'm still thinking it has to be either Kang, or some other variant of Loki we haven't seen yet.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
But mysteries as a genre are asking you to guess ahead. The fact Marvel is pulling those mysteries from the same fifty years of lore as the fans watching is going to have that outcome.

I mean a Sherlock show without the first guess of a major criminal mastermind villain being Moriarty would be a rarity.

The MCU isn’t making wild swings on new IPs. The reason they pull Kid Loki vs making a new character will lead to people guessing the arc.

The Power Broker ended up nothing like the comic, why not just create a new name? It’s jerking the audience.
It doesn't matter if we guess right or not. Doesn't guarentee its a good payoff. we all guessed correctly that Sharon would be the powerbroker remember and they later revealed we were correct. People were still like :ld:
Even if dude turns out to be Kang, people could still be like:unimpressed:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I hear you and maybe its my fault, but
got damn if Kang ends up being another Memphisto type misdirect then it just lessens the show. Again that isnt the show's fault, but it just has you thinking there is something greater going on

like WV :troll: it's gonna be another evil loki ...

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
It doesn't matter if we guess right or not. Doesn't guarentee its a good payoff. we all guessed correctly that Sharon would be the powerbroker remember and they later revealed we were correct. People were still like :ld:
Even if dude turns out to be Kang, people could still be like:unimpressed:
Maybe. But the reason they are hyping Kang versus the 100s of other time traveling villain is Kang’s connections to the larger MCU(FF, Young Avengers). FATWS not only gave us a US Agent but also teases a Dark Avengers.

It’s how Marvel has connected with its audience

Meanwhile, Superman and Lois has namechecked two of the most influential characters of a popular 90s story but no one really think it will actually develop into that. It’s probably just Easter eggs.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I dunno why y’all can’t just enjoy the show for what it is. The show has already expanded on the lore of Loki and what it means to be a Loki. Loki as a character and the other marvel characters from the previous shows have grown adding more to the lore. Big reveals can wait for the big screen.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Just finished it good episode.....:ehh: mad easter eggs everywhere... the dark aster, the thanos copter, Thorfrog in the glass case, president loki, kid loki, classic old loki in the classic suit, The quail birds with hexigonal heads....:mjgrin: last episode better have a dope payoff tho:wow: