Official Loki Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
So its essentially a lose lose situation. The show can either go down the path that the super fans been screaming for the past 5 weeks and then people say "this show was too predictable, Marvel needs to improve hiding their hand" or they go left with something else and people say "Marvel needs to stop with the world building/teases and be more straight forward". So which is it?

Folks just need to look at whats presented and judge it based on that. This whole "I saw a bug, Mephisto is known for bugs, where is Mephisto" or "They said astronauts, the F4 went to space, F4 is showing up guys!" is doing nothing but ruining decent shows for people.
Or not make it a mystery show?

Just tell a straight up adventure story? No one complained about Netflix Daredevil being just a dude fighting the Kingpin/Wilson Fisk.

The Marvel gimmick of throwing breadcrumbs is apparently biting them in the butt in the tv show format.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Just tell a straight up adventure story? No one complained about Netflix Daredevil being just a dude fighting the Kingpin/Wilson Fisk.

The Marvel gimmick of throwing breadcrumbs is apparently biting them in the butt in the tv show format.
Disney+'s 'Loki' shows why Marvel's strategy could win the streaming wars

That’s where “Loki” excels, as seen in data from third party firms like Parrot Analytics. Parrot doesn’t measure podcast listening, but it does calculate “demand” for shows by studying activity on social media, YouTube and sites such as IMDb and Wikipedia, which are similar examples of ways that people try to get the most out of their fandom.
Within seven days of its premiere, “Loki” had 89.9 times more demand than the average TV series globally, according to Parrot, making it the most “in-demand” show in the world. That doesn’t necessarily mean it was the most-watched show, but it does suggest that people are talking about it a lot online, and that counts for a lot.

Yeah, it's really biting them in the butt. :mjlol:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

That’s where “Loki” excels, as seen in data from third party firms like Parrot Analytics. Parrot doesn’t measure podcast listening, but it does calculate “demand” for shows by studying activity on social media, YouTube and sites such as IMDb and Wikipedia, which are similar examples of ways that people try to get the most out of their fandom.
Within seven days of its premiere, “Loki” had 89.9 times more demand than the average TV series globally, according to Parrot, making it the most “in-demand” show in the world. That doesn’t necessarily mean it was the most-watched show, but it does suggest that people are talking about it a lot online, and that counts for a lot.

Sum of these dudes just be spouting nonsense lol

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

Oh right. Marvel Zombies gonna zombie

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Nothing wrong with mysteries as it keeps the audience intrigued. But dont forget that just because a show/movie is based in mystery doesnt mean that its set up for you to figure out the plot before its presented to you. These shows/movies are not being written in a way that expects you to have 50 years of deep cut comics lore to understand what is happening. Its nice that you have that in your back pocket, but bringing any of that knowledge with you and basing the quality of the show on how it rewards you specifically (figuring out the plot) is a recipe for failure.

These Marvel shows are runaway hits. You gotta leave the comic fan echo chamber for a while and see not everyone is crying because Mephisto didnt make an appearance somewhere.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Nothing wrong with mysteries as it keeps the audience intrigued. But dont forget that just because a show/movie is based in mystery doesnt mean that its set up for you to figure out the plot before its presented to you. These shows/movies are not being written in a way that expects you to have 50 years of deep cut comics lore to understand what is happening. Its nice that you have that in your back pocket, but bringing any of that knowledge with you and basing the quality of the show on how it rewards you specifically is a recipe for failure.

These Marvel shows are runaway hits. You gotta leave the comic fan echo chamber for a while and see not everyone is crying because Mephisto didnt make an appearance somewhere.
As a comic negro nerd i agree.

I dont like it.

But i agree.

Just aint feeling this.
I felt WandaVision's fukkery was well done as opposed to this.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Nothing wrong with mysteries as it keeps the audience intrigued. But dont forget that just because a show/movie is based in mystery doesnt mean that its set up for you to figure out the plot before its presented to you. These shows/movies are not being written in a way that expects you to have 50 years of deep cut comics lore to understand what is happening. Its nice that you have that in your back pocket, but bringing any of that knowledge with you and basing the quality of the show on how it rewards you specifically is a recipe for failure.

But mysteries as a genre are asking you to guess ahead. The fact Marvel is pulling those mysteries from the same fifty years of lore as the fans watching is going to have that outcome.

I mean a Sherlock show without the first guess of a major criminal mastermind villain being Moriarty would be a rarity.

The MCU isn’t making wild swings on new IPs. The reason they pull Kid Loki vs making a new character will lead to people guessing the arc.

The Power Broker ended up nothing like the comic, why not just create a new name? It’s jerking the audience.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
What do you mean by 'biting them in the butt' if the show is doing well by measurable standards?

This formula definitely creates more buzz (as did WandaVision)

Just saying they gotta pay it off or next time they do a mystery show people are just gonna tune out.

I hate sounding negative breh cause I really am enjoying the show.
[However, if the big bad is just another Loki or Miss Minutes then we got roped into another Wanda is the villain all along/the sneaky side character turned out to be really sneaky (Agatha). /SPOILER]

I think Kang leaves a good feeling about the show and going forward. If not:ld:
I means how fans are coming into the show expecting major breadcrumbs.
Are we already acting like WandaVision and mutants didn’t happen? Mephisto?
I legit forgot about how the Ralph Bohner character being such a :shaq2: moment.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I means how fans are coming into the show expecting major breadcrumbs.
Are we already acting like WandaVision and mutants didn’t happen? Mephisto?
Gotcha, it seems like it is biting over anxious fans in the butt not the shows. They are doing well a certain segment of fans who aren't any type of critical mass are disappointed.