Official Loki Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I would argue that a film franchise is much different than comics in that respect, but fair enough. These dudes I’m debating are arguing that the TVA is all a huge misdirect and don’t trivialize all that came before it, though. My point is they already have, regardless of what “lol jk” bs they wrote into the script.

If the response is “that’s just how comics work”, then fine...at least that response acknowledges the obvious. And, frankly, after what they did to Star Wars it’s frustrating watching them do the same with the mcu.
I wouldn't say they did anything to Star Wars, the franchise has been coasting off the good will of the original trilogy for 4 decades. :mjlol:

I mean....the prequels were trash and that was long before Disney ever laid hands on it.

As far as "misdirection"....we're only half way through the season so it's possible those were actually jumbo Jolly Ranchers and not Infinity Stones....I'm just saying given comics perchant for escalation, the TVA making Thanos and everything prior to phase 4 obsolete (threat-wise) is pretty much par for the course.

Fred.

Vuvuzela

Captain of Amerikkka
Daps
Halfway thru the Season and so far this shyt is some MID. :russell:
They should've gone full on and ripped off the Loki, Agent of Asgard storyline. The world feels small in this show despite it being multiversal, and it's because he's not interacting substantially with more than a handful of semi-developed characters. AoA would've let them develop a lot of other characters like Doom without it being too hamfisted and confusing to follow and to reference and develop preexisting lore a lot more.

I guess we'll see what they can do with these last few episodes. The show is a lot mellower than I would've expected.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
This last one was the weakest one so far. Sets felt cheap and the whole ep felt like a Doctor Who ripoff.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They should've gone full on and ripped off the Loki, Agent of Asgard storyline. The world feels small in this show despite it being multiversal, and it's because he's not interacting substantially with more than a handful of semi-developed characters. AoA would've let them develop a lot of other characters like Doom without it being too hamfisted and confusing to follow and to reference and develop preexisting lore a lot more.

I guess we'll see what they can do with these last few episodes. The show is a lot mellower than I would've expected.
When they do Doom he's not gonna make his first appearance on a streaming show. It will be in a movie.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Yep she touched him and charmed him or he charmed her….. one of them is conning the other
Ehhh, they said the same about every plot point in this show so far....can’t be real theyre obviously trolling blah blah blah.

Feels like when Encore dropped and it was so shytty that the stans swore it was a fake album and em was just trolling.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ehhh, they said the same about every plot point in this show so far....can’t be real theyre obviously trolling blah blah blah.

Feels like when Encore dropped and it was so shytty that the stans swore it was a fake album and em was just trolling.
You could be right, but her trying to charm him and it having no effect was too convenient.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You could be right, but her trying to charm him and it having no effect was too convenient.

it's loki, the master of duplicity, illusion and tricks.

he's gotta be up to something
ROVQ9oV.png