Official Loki Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The video said it was good writing tho. lol
Constructive criticism? It means make it better. Not that it’s terrible or without redeeming qualities.

WandaVision can be flawed and good.

Wanda can be the victimizer of the town and a victim of her own depression.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Constructive criticism? It means make it better. Not that it’s terrible or without redeeming qualities.

WandaVision can be flawed and good.

Wanda can be the victimizer of the town and a victim of her own depression.
OK. He seemed to mildly criticize the way Monica acknowledged what Wanda went through but besides that it seemwd very complimentary. :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
B. The TVA’s ability to travel anywhere in time and space, manipulate the flow of time, and render the infinity stones useless makes whoever is running the TVA so powerful that all we’ve seen up to this point in the MCU is inconsequential. Agree or disagree?

Yes, but that's how comics work.

This ain't nothing new man. Thanos killed half the universe in the comics....then Doom pulled out his spine in another comic arc.

dszvznkwcz841.jpg

There is always something "bigger" on the horizon that makes the threat prior to it seem trivial. That's been Comics 101 since....hell, I'm older than most of the board and that was true when I was a kid in the 80's.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
More random thoughts:

1. Loki being bisexual gotta be the most blatantly obvious (that people somehow still missed) shyt in the history of fiction.

I don't even read the comics and figured since he's a shape shifter, obviously he's bi. Speaking of comics....

2. No offense to anyone but at this point comic readers are pretty irrelevant to the success of the MCU. All this shyt is pop culture and mainstream as fukk.

So understanding or liking these shows and movies is not predicated on reading the comics. Honestly, it never was. A movie doesn't do $2 billion off the backs of comic readers, it's just not possible.

3. I actually like female Loki more than I thought I would. Not familiar with the actress but she's pretty charismatic in what little screen time she's had.

Fred.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Yes, but that's how comics work.

This ain't nothing new man. Thanos killed half the universe in the comics....then Doom pulled out his spine in another comic arc.

dszvznkwcz841.jpg

There is always something "bigger" on the horizon that makes the threat prior to it seem trivial. That's been Comics 101 since....hell, I'm older than most of the board and that was true when I was a kid in the 80's.

Fred.
I would argue that a film franchise is much different than comics in that respect, but fair enough. These dudes I’m debating are arguing that the TVA is all a huge misdirect and don’t trivialize all that came before it, though. My point is they already have, regardless of what “lol jk” bs they wrote into the script.

If the response is “that’s just how comics work”, then fine...at least that response acknowledges the obvious. And, frankly, after what they did to Star Wars it’s frustrating watching them do the same with the mcu.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Is Loki trying to fukk Sylvie?
Though if I met my female self and she was like a 8/10 or higher I think I would try too
:yeshrug:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Liked the first 2 episodes, felt the 3rd one was kinda useless as it didn't have any interesting character development, character work nor story development. We got like 3 interesting tidbits (1 important one regarding the TVA) and 34 minutes of a "meh" space adventure :manny:

I hope they get back into the interesting shyt of the first two eps.