Official Loki Thread

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The episode does a great job of leaving a lasting impression on you as you see Loki coming to grips with making that final decision. I personally wasn’t expecting it to be deep but it actually was more like a surreal experience. Seeing Loki starting from the bottom, and now he has an Godly burden placed on him, really makes this a great viewing experience
Agreed.

I honestly checked out around episode 2 or 3 because things were getting confusing. I'm usually willing to concentrate and follow wacky sci fi plotlines, but I didn't trust the current writing room at Marvel to actually pay off my work with something interesting. So the show became background noise while I did other stuff.

But I was wrong. And this last episode was beautiful. From the visuals of the tree of life, to Loki's character arc, to the sacrifice of an eternity of solitude. It surprised me.

Looking back I'm still confused on some plot points, but the overall message was received: it's not worth destroying whole universes of people to prevent war. Stopping Kang had too much collateral damage. And even if we fail to stop Kang with the new plan, at least we can die trying. Nobody's timeline - nobody's world - is more "sacred" than the next. Loki - a literal god of mischief and chaos - gave everyone a chance.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...and this was He Who Remain's plan all alone because he wanted Loki to replace him?
No.
He Who Remains wanted Loki to kill Sylvie so that him and the TVA could continue to prune timelines and prevent any powerful Kangs from appearing and starting another war.

Loki refused and stopped everyone from pruning timelines. The TVA repurposed itself to just prune individual Kangs instead of whole timelines. This is way riskier and probably won't work out (a Kang the conqueror already appeared and caused problems; and the next Avengers movie is called "Kang Dynasty"). But at least Loki gave people a chance to live. And that was his true burden and glorious purpose.

Last edited:

QBN

All Star
Daps
For the comic brehs, what's the best Kang graphic novel/story arc in the comics? And why don't they call him Kang in Loki but instead "He Who Remains"?

I'm intrigued by the character from the bits I've seen in the comics and the animated Avengers EMH series. But in the MCU he doesn't feel as menacing the way they've portrayed him so far.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Interesting concise take on the ending of Loki

For the comic brehs, what's the best Kang graphic novel/story arc in the comics? And why don't they call him Kang in Loki but instead "He Who Remains"?

I'm intrigued by the character from the bits I've seen in the comics and the animated Avengers EMH series. But in the MCU he doesn't feel as menacing the way they've portrayed him so far.

Marvel Studios borrows from the comics and mashes a lot of stuff together to create what they are gonna do. Prior to this show in the comics He Who Remains was not a Kang Variant at all just a really old TVA agent. Immortus is the one sitting at the end of time. But in the Antman after credits scene it seems that was Immortus doing all the talking.
So yeah, maybe they borrowed the power set from this character Altus but I'm pretty sure this story is trying to be a version of Loki becoming the God of Stories. He obviously isn't that green cone shaped head dude.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:what:What are you talking about.

The TVA was created AFTER the war to prevent another multiversal war from happening.

This show finished filming in 2022 and had no reshoots. Which is long before the Jonathan Majors news broke. Based off this show Kang is still the upcoming villain. You just didn’t understand the episode and think he was written out.

THEIR WERE REPORTS BACK IN
MAY THAT THE SHOW HAD RESHOOTS
AS SOON AS THE MAJORS shyt WENT DOWN.

:devil:
:evil:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member