Official Loki Thread

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
If he wrote the script he would have known the quote. Look at his face when Sylvie attacks him in the elevator vs season 1. He didn’t slip out the way laughing, he looked to Loki then barely dodged it. The look of surprise means he wasn’t in control.

His entire plan in season 2 was failsafes. To get Loki to do his job as he saw fit but that’s not what happened. if he didn’t care about the sacred timeline, he wouldn’t have gone through s many failsafes to keep it and just died or let them do whatever. He didn’t care about the TVA workers( they have been killed multiple times already that’s why the sign was at the end of time with Renslayer)

Loki isn’t in control of the TVA though. All his failsafes are gone. He wanted to hand off the job but keep it was to keep his work as is.
” Return to the TVA as benevolent rulers”

I wonder if HWR was putting on an act though. I mean after all, he’s pretty much seen it all and has been alive for god knows how long so it isn’t too far fetched for him to put on this entire show just so that he can steer Loki to where he wants him to be.

That is what has me curious as we see the final scene of Loki, sitting in his throne. Did he do all of that of his own free will or was he simply guided in by the the invisible hand of HWR.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think the goal was to die, I think this all happened before and when it is done HWR will be right back there continuing the process over. Basically HWR is one part of the cycle and Loki is the other and Thanos and the Avengers are the transition from one to the other. I assume Secret wars is the transition from Loki back to HWR.
his goal is to die so a new variant of himself takes over

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also it always was meant for Loki to find a third option
After the end of season one the theme was Loki just wanted more time to think and figure out what to do

That’s literally what Kang does with his tempad. Use time to give himself more chances, opportunities, and freedom to make decisions/plan

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I wonder if HWR was putting on an act though. I mean after all, he’s pretty much seen it all and has been alive for god knows how long so it isn’t too far fetched for him to put on this entire show just so that he can steer Loki to where he wants him to be.

That is what has me curious as we see the final scene of Loki, sitting in his throne. Did he do all of that of his own free will or was he simply guided in by the the invisible hand of HWR.
The thing is though freeing the timeline is something he could always have done. Breaking the loom doesn’t require a Loki.

He wanted a replacement for his vision. Someone who saw the importance of the sacred timeline. It wasn’t Sylvie. He thought he could ”pave the road” to Loki making the decision he wanted, but Loki didn’t.

The key to this is in season 1. As soon as HWR’s script ended, it was Loki who wanted to wait and think things out. Loki was worried about the vacuum of power being replaced by something worst. He was swayed to HWR’s thinking.

HWR knew about the time slippin but he didn’t control Loki’s time slippin. When Loki paused time, his face was shocked.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I think Renslayer saw another Kang, more specifically a spaceship landing possibly with multiple Kangs by the pyramid. Maybe the void is where they meet to avoid showing up on the TVA's radar. They also have the same type of teleporting tech as the TVA as seen in Quantam. So maybe they were aware of the what was happening with HWR and Loki and are assembling to formulate a plot.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

giphy.gif

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
The thing is though freeing the timeline is something he could always have done. Breaking the loom doesn’t require a Loki.

He wanted a replacement for his vision. Someone who saw the importance of the sacred timeline. It wasn’t Sylvie. He thought he could ”pave the road” to Loki making the decision he wanted, but Loki didn’t.

The key to this is in season 1. As soon as HWR’s script ended, it was Loki who wanted to wait and think things out. Loki was worried about the vacuum of power being replaced by something worst. He was swayed to HWR’s thinking.

HWR knew about the time slippin but he didn’t control Loki’s time slippin. When Loki paused time, his face was shocked.

That is very true, but at least to me, I’m still under the impression that he’s seen this scenario played out way way way long ago. To believe that he was “shocked” about Loki’s time slipping seemed a bit misleading. If anything, HWR is a manipulator whom can’t be fully trusted due to his longevity and supremely vast knowledge of time and space.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

The last episode definitely hits a bit more emotional as this was his final appearance as Loki. 14 damn years…and it looks like he hasn’t aged one bit! I mean, anything is possible but if it is truly his last performance as Loki, what a hell of a ride. He really poured his heart and soul into the character .

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Finally catching up on this after quitting after episode 1

Sylvie preferring McDonald's over saving the world huh :patrice:

Episode 3 boring as hell to me. Chore to watch

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That is very true, but at least to me, I’m still under the impression that he’s seen this scenario played out way way way long ago. To believe that he was “shocked” about Loki’s time slipping seemed a bit misleading. If anything, HWR is a manipulator whom can’t be fully trusted due to his longevity and supremely vast knowledge of time and space.
I think HWR had become all about equations and scenarios. He didn’t value randomness of life. The TVA are pawns. Renslayer helped him..erase her memories and throw her in the TVA. Don’t do partners. His only confidant is a clock he controls.

The reason for pruning timelines wasn’t for anything other than keeping HWR on top.

Loki only made the choice he did because he believed in the TVA and chance.

The series was in large part about the belief if given choice, people could do better. HWR was just about control.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I think HWR had become all about equations and scenarios. He didn’t value randomness of life. The TVA are pawns. Renslayer helped him..erase her memories and throw her in the TVA. Don’t do partners. His only confidant is a clock he controls.

The reason for pruning timelines wasn’t for anything other than keeping HWR on top.

Loki only made the choice he did because he believed in the TVA and chance.

The series was in large part about the belief if given choice, people could do better. HWR was just about control.

But it begs the question, did Loki actually make the choice of his own will or was it HWR only showing Loki what he needed to see, basically shoehorning him into making that choice.

Maybe I am giving HWR too much credit here. I want to say that Loki finally got his W but I can’t help but wonder if it was his actual victory in this case.

king1117

fukkery
Daps
Reppin
NY/VA
Something i was thinking of after the finale this variant of Loki wouldn’t have been where he is now if the MCU 616 aka 19999999 etc avengers didn’t screw up the space stone heist. I believe he who remains kangs sacred timeline always had the avengers grab the correct space stone until this Loki breaks the time loop by Tony making that one crucial mistake losing the stone.