Official Loki Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who did Renslayer see at the end ? Alioth ?
Yeah, it had to have been Alioth based on Season 1

I guess the pyramid has people thinking otherwise but it might also just be something that was sent to the Void could maybe tie together down the road.
The council of Kangs are working outside of time which means they cannot be pruned.
B-15 asking do any of the Kang variants know about the TVA and them not believing that makes it seem the Council is operating outside of their arena. The Ant-Man post credit seems to connect even more to the end of this episode to where they didn't necessarily flip the script to write off Kang variants going forward.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
The loom was a failsafe. It wasn’t meant to preserve timelines. It was only meant to save He Who Remains’ timeline, and keep the other Kangs at bay in the process. Loki broke the loom, freeing the timelines, but they were dying. So he bent the timelines to his will, giving them the energy they need to survive but tethering himself to the multiverse in the process. He got his throne. But the burden is he rules alone, as the spark for all creation and the stories we get as a result. The God of Stories.

Kang is only dead if marvel chooses to go a different way. What Loki did essentially guarantees that Kang should show up, plural and in force. Loki trusted his friends to figure out a way to fight and win, or die fighting. That was the point of the final convo with Sylvie.
Perfectly stated. That's the conclusion I came to as well.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
So, did Loki actually win here? I mean, he did save the multi-verse but in the process, it seems he’s forever bound to the chair.

At the same time, I can’t help but wonder if HWR foreseen this as well…
In the first season, HWR offered him and Sylvie the exact same position; take over the sacred timeline in its then form or let time flow in its natural state and face infinite Kangs.

The last conversation with Sylvie was Loki choosing the latter.

Now basically the TVAs job is destroying Kangs although their usual method is pruning. Sending a multitude of Kangs to the garbage dump of time with Renslayer (sp) doesn't seem like a great idea, but I'm sure all that will be tied up next season.

I say all that to say, yes, HWR saw all this coming. He literally asked for it and basically set Loki up and strong armed him into taking over. That was always the plan.

The way HWR sees it, the objective is to control the Kangs. I'm sure he tried doing the 1 by 1 method they are doing now but ultimately came to the conclusion that intergrating the timelines was just much easier. In his mind, Loki will eventually come to the same conclusion.

HWR goal was to free himself from the job of controlling himself which he accomplished. He won in that regard.

Did Loki win? I would say, no. He was always going to take the job. The way HWR set it up was masterful.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
HWR goal was to free himself from the job of controlling himself which he accomplished. He won in that regard.

Did Loki win? I would say, no. He was always going to take the job. The way HWR set it up was masterful.
I don’t know about that. The HWR genuinely only knew things up to a certain point( his face was confused when Loki quoted TS Eliot about dying). I don’t think he believed this Loki would ever choose to destroy the sacred timeline and the TVA. Sylvie definitely would.

There‘s really no guarantee HWR would win another multiversal war. Loki was his failsafe on top of the loom failsafe on top of the TVA failsafe.

I would say there is no winner. It’s a wait and see at this point. Loki just made a huge gamble.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know about that. The HWR genuinely only knew things up to a certain point( his face was confused when Loki quoted TS Eliot about dying). I don’t think he believed this Loki would ever choose to destroy the sacred timeline and the TVA. Sylvie definitely would.

There‘s really no guarantee HWR would win another multiversal war. Loki was his failsafe on top of the loom failsafe on top of the TVA failsafe.

I would say there is no winner. It’s a wait and see at this point. Loki just made a huge gamble.
A look of surprise doesn't mean he wasn't in control. He literally anticipated that Loki would learn to stop time and he would go through the different scenarios 100s if not 1000s of times.

He predicted where they would be in season 1 and by the end of season 2 that's exactly where they were.

The goal was to free himself, dead or alive, and have Loki takeover the TVA. Mission accomplished.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
A look of surprise doesn't mean he wasn't in control. He literally anticipated that Loki would learn to stop time and he would go through the different scenarios 100s if not 1000s of times.

He predicted where they would be in season 1 and by the end of season 2 that's exactly where they were.

The goal was to free himself, dead or alive, and have Loki takeover the TVA. Mission accomplished.
I don’t think the goal was to die, I think this all happened before and when it is done HWR will be right back there continuing the process over. Basically HWR is one part of the cycle and Loki is the other and Thanos and the Avengers are the transition from one to the other. I assume Secret wars is the transition from Loki back to HWR.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think the goal was to die, I think this all happened before and when it is done HWR will be right back there continuing the process over. Basically HWR is one part of the cycle and Loki is the other and Thanos and the Avengers are the transition from one to the other. I assume Secret wars is the transition from Loki back to HWR.
I never said the goal was to die.

I agree with everything else you said.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

If he wrote the script he would have known the quote. Look at his face when Sylvie attacks him in the elevator vs season 1. He didn’t slip out the way laughing, he looked to Loki then barely dodged it. The look of surprise means he wasn’t in control.

His entire plan in season 2 was failsafes. To get Loki to do his job as he saw fit but that’s not what happened. if he didn’t care about the sacred timeline, he wouldn’t have gone through s many failsafes to keep it and just died or let them do whatever. He didn’t care about the TVA workers( they have been killed multiple times already that’s why the sign was at the end of time with Renslayer)

Loki isn’t in control of the TVA though. All his failsafes are gone. He wanted to hand off the job but keep it was to keep his work as is.
” Return to the TVA as benevolent rulers”