Official Loki Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You are putting way too much stock in internet fandom to gauge audience reaction. People called Ledger’s Joker Joker Crow and Brokeback Joker. The actual movie is what changed that.

And again, Read my post carefully. I already told you Thanos only worked because the infinity saga told the build up of the stones first. Thanos didn’t get his ass beat in the Incredible Hulk then showed up crying in GOTG about Gamora. We just glimpsed him.

Kang has gotten his butt beat. Full stop. His variant got murdered. Full stop. Timely is spaghetti. Full stop.

Nobody cares about the threat of incursions. The multiverse doesn’t hold any weight to people. Wanda kills Mister Fantastic…oh nooo!!!

oh wait. Nobody knows or cares about that variant of Mister Fantastic.

if Kang’s build up is the threat of the multiverse of Kangs…we are telling you we don’t care about this. So by extension Kang doesn’t matter.

if Loki or Antman had run to Thor( or any Avenger) after encountering Kang variants I think we would be having a different conversation. Even the writing knows Kang ain’t a threat or interesting. Tony glimpsing a threat of an alien invasion sent him over the edge in wanting to protect the Earth. Scott went back to ice cream.

I'm telling you nobody cared about "the building up of the Stones" or The Infinity Saga in relation to making Thanos a credible threat. He was seen as a joke prior to "Infinity War". Again, there's literally hundreds of posts on here, whole parody accounts on social media, think pieces on if he's gonna be a disappointment, etc. Up until "Infinity War".

I don't understand why you all can't see you're doing the same thing with Kang.

Fred.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm telling you nobody cared about "the building up of the Stones" or The Infinity Saga in relation to making Thanos a credible threat. He was seen as a joke prior to "Infinity War". Again, there's literally hundreds of posts on here, whole parody accounts on social media, think pieces on if he's gonna be a disappointment, etc. Up until "Infinity War".

I don't understand why you all can't see you're doing the same thing with Kang.

Fred.
what?

GOTG, First Avenger, Dr Strange, and Avengers all featured the infinity stones and are considered some of the best of the infinity saga.

What exactly movies did Kang make his mark in and and what movies did the multiverse play a major part in? Oh right some of the worst of the multiverse saga.

It’s the infinity saga(not the Thanos saga) it’s the multiverse saga( not the Kang saga). If the build up ain’t there in the writing first, it won’t work. It ain’t working.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the trial is end of this month (the 29th) and reconsidering him has always been public knowledge. and all of what happened in the article is ongoing since September :mjlol:
Yea it's November now... They don't know what's being decided since September, only what was going on up to that point..

They are awaiting the verdict to see if they are replacing him or not.. It hasn't been decided.. That's exactly what I just said.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
what?

GOTG, First Avenger, Dr Strange, and Avengers all featured the infinity stones and are considered some of the best of the infinity saga.

What exactly movies did Kang make his mark in and and what movies did the multiverse play a major part in? Oh right some of the worst of the multiverse saga.

It’s the infinity saga(not the Thanos saga) it’s the multiverse saga( not the Kang saga). If the build up ain’t there in the writing first, it won’t work. It ain’t working.
This whole Phase and the last ain't working cause the writing fukking sucks

But everyone is pretty much sold on Majors and him as Kang being the ONLY reason this shyt is even getting good.

That's the exact opposite of the Infinity Saga, which was great writing but you didn't see Thanos become worth a damn until the 20th movie

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Is it just me, or does the asain dude talk exactly like he did in goonies/temple of doom. Same pronunctiation, same cadences. 3 decades later, and he didnr shake that accent one bit

:jbhmm: i noticed that too but I think maybe its just his character he was in that other movie with michelle yeoh

Denzel Washington and a bunch of other actors speak the same in most of their movies :mjlol:

And that's basically how he talks

so you're being racist and you don't even realize it :dead:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This whole Phase and the last ain't working cause the writing fukking sucks

But everyone is pretty much sold on Majors and him as Kang being the ONLY reason this shyt is even getting good.

That's the exact opposite of the Infinity Saga, which was great writing but you didn't see Thanos become worth a damn until the 20th movie
Whether or not you think Thanos wasn’t worth a damn isn’t my point. He didn’t show up until the 20th because the writing supported it. The stones weren’t all on Earth. He didn’t have a gauntlet, and his own daughter fled instead of letting him get a hold of one.

Dr Strange has been in two multiverse stories and neither had him directly dealing with the dangers of multiverse. He handed it off to a teen and his two non-powered friends. The other wasn’t even a multiverse threat. just a grieving mom.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Whether or not you think Thanos wasn’t worth a damn isn’t my point. He didn’t show up until the 20th because the writing supported it. The stones weren’t all on Earth. He didn’t have a gauntlet, and his own daughter fled instead of letting him get a hold of one.

Dr Strange has been in two multiverse stories and neither had him directly dealing with the dangers of multiverse. He handed it off to a teen and his two non-powered friends. The other wasn’t even a multiverse threat. just a grieving mom.
Here's the problem with that. They've admitted they didn't think up Kang until they saw Majors on Loki. So anything preceding the end of season 1 finale, wasn't set up to be about Kang. I'm not sure they had any idea where they were going. If I remember correctly they weren't even going to have another big bad again.

Then Majors showed out.. Since then they wrote him into Ant-Man and we THINK the Marvels. So you're judging this off movies and shows that had no idea Kang would even exist

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Here's the problem with that. They've admitted they didn't think up Kang until they saw Majors on Loki. So anything preceding the end of season 1 finale, wasn't set up to be about Kang. I'm not sure they had any idea where they were going. If I remember correctly they weren't even going to have another big bad again.

Then Majors showed out.. Since then they wrote him into Ant-Man and we THINK the Marvels. So you're judging this off movies and shows that had no idea Kang would even exist
No I’m saying the idea of the multiverse/ incursions being a threat hasn’t been done well. Kang is simply an extension of that.

Even if you remove Kang from the equation. The fundamental problem of this phase from WandaVision( lack of any major characters like Strange appearing), Multiverse of Madness not actually being about the multiverse , to the Shang-chi ten rings tease ( nothingness) and the celestial in the Indian Ocean is there’s no impact anywhere except within small pockets.

Like I was saying about the Tony invasion paranoia directly paying off with tensions of Civil War even without knowing Thanos is behind Loki was the building blocks of a strong story.

Not everything needs to build up to Kang to make a good villain. You just need the story and characters to build up a solid story for Kang.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No I’m saying the idea of the multiverse/ incursions being a threat hasn’t been done well. Kang is simply an extension of that.

Even if you remove Kang from the equation. The fundamental problem of this phase from WandaVision( lack of any major characters like Strange appearing), Multiverse of Madness not actually being about the multiverse , to the Shang-chi ten rings tease ( nothingness) and the celestial in the Indian Ocean is there’s no impact anywhere except within small pockets.

Like I was saying about the Tony invasion paranoia directly paying off with tensions of Civil War even without knowing Thanos is behind Loki was the building blocks of a strong story.

Not everything needs to build up to Kang to make a good villain. You just need the story and characters to build up a solid story for Kang.
I’d argue Loki has done the best job of doing that
This finale could be the chance to remind people how menacing Kang actually is

I also think quantum mania ending without Kang killing any major characters was a problem with making him menacing. Janet, Hank, the wasp, or even Ant man should have been killed and they still could have had Kang sucked into his machine. It would have made his appearance pivotal I hate they left it up to the lie that he lost to ants. Villains need stakes and pruning timelines could be a stake but we don’t see the brutality of that. Which is why I hope they end this with an overpowered Loki but also a Kang variant that can start actually terrorizing the mcu

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I’d argue Loki has done the best job of doing that
This finale could be the chance to remind people how menacing Kang actually is

I also think quantum mania ending without Kang killing any major characters was a problem with making him menacing. Janet, Hank, the wasp, or even Ant man should have been killed and they still could have had Kang sucked into his machine. It would have made his appearance pivotal I hate they left it up to the lie that he lost to ants. Villains need stakes and pruning timelines could be a stake but we don’t see the brutality of that. Which is why I hope they end this with an overpowered Loki but also a Kang variant that can start actually terrorizing the mcu
Yesssss we need Kang to start fukking shyt up

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Just caught up on episode 5

So ol girl heads to the record shop. Black dude puts a record on.

Man I thought it was this off the first few bars.

Ain't these some Southern Boys?

Turns out it was this record.

That scene was a trip

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Y'all felt that presence when Thanks came on screen right?

Kang could never.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Denzel Washington and a bunch of other actors speak the same in most of their movies :mjlol:

And that's basically how he talks

so you're being racist and you don't even realize it :dead:

Side note, i feel like they should cast him in ghostbusters. Gives me asian Rick Moranis vibes
Would be a perfect fit