Official Loki Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Is anyone surprised the end of Loki hasnt had any real impact on the MCU yet? Seemed like we all thought it would at least be part of Multiverse of Madness.

Maybe that is the one where we get a Kang post credit scene though.
I don't see where it would be revisited. Since it came out they have dropped:

Black Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals
Spiderman No Way Home
Hawkeye
What If? . . .
Moon Knight

And while not specifically about Kang What If? and the latest Spider-Man movie did touch on multiple timelines/realities. Where would Kang fit into these movies/TV Shows?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Ant-Man 3 connects to Kang
I know that's his first major appearance on film. However, the feeling after that finale was THAT was the moment all the multiverse stuff was happening. Its not that we had to see Kang but that it was assumed that would have a direct link.
I don't see where it would be revisited. Since it came out they have dropped:

Black Widow
Shang Chi
Eternals
Spiderman No Way Home
Hawkeye
What If? . . .
Moon Knight

And while not specifically about Kang What If? and the latest Spider-Man movie did touch on multiple timelines/realities. Where would Kang fit into these movies/TV Shows?
Black Widow is a movie from the past.
Shang Chi and Eternals was pushed back.

Again Im just saying what the discussion was back in July to now. It seemed like there would be a direct connection instead of just Dr. Strange fukking up.

But again one of these movies has to have a post credit scene linking to Ant Man 3. So maybe its Dr. Strange 2.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I know that's his first major appearance on film. However, the feeling after that finale was THAT was the moment all the multiverse stuff was happening. Its not that we had to see Kang but that it was assumed that would have a direct link.

Black Widow is a movie from the past.
Shang Chi and Eternals was pushed back.

Again Im just saying what the discussion was back in July to now. It seemed like there would be a direct connection instead of just Dr. Strange fukking up.

But again one of these movies has to have a post credit scene linking to Ant Man 3. So maybe its Dr. Strange 2.
MCU has gotten more far reaching and they are trying to do multiple things at once. These are all future major plot points for major events:
Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Kang
Currently doing House of M
Setting Gor the God Butcher
Secret Invasion

They all are going to require set up across multiple properties so yeah some are going to take longer than others and none will be consistently referenced until closer to their climax.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Is anyone surprised the end of Loki hasnt had any real impact on the MCU yet? Seemed like we all thought it would at least be part of Multiverse of Madness.

Geek Culture made a video about this today.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

it makes sense that is where Kang is introduced. Wearing full armor

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
MCU has gotten more far reaching and they are trying to do multiple things at once. These are all future major plot points for major events:
Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Kang
Currently doing House of M
Setting Gor the God Butcher
Secret Invasion

They all are going to require set up across multiple properties so yeah some are going to take longer than others and none will be consistently referenced until closer to their climax.
I was with you until the video below linked the article

“No, the way it works at Marvel is… I’m sure at some point somebody will talk in detail about this, but part of Kevin [Feige]’s brilliance is that there isn’t really a plan. There’s an idea, but you can’t have a plan if the movie you’re making tanks. There’s no plan after that, right?”

“So it’s really about, as the movie succeeded, then there was sort of enthusiasm about, ‘Well, what else could we do?’ And then that’s when new ideas would come out, right? And there were hopes, we hope one day we can get to the story if you keep doing this, right? Maybe we can all get there, you know, like Infinity War and Endgame, but a lot of the stuff was made up in between the movies, right?”

And… I think [those] call-forwards or callbacks were thought of after the fact, right? Like we didn’t have Civil War [broken down] and we didn’t know that by showing you the scene with Zola as this old Hydra villain in Winter Soldier… [and he’s] telling him about the Winter Soldier and there’s an image of Stark’s parents, right? He had them killed… And it’s implied that it’s connected. That was happenstance. Then, after the movie came out, and we had to make Civil War, we’re like, ‘Hey, that’s a crazy idea… that’s how Tony could get so angry at Cap that he’d want to kill him, is if Cap’s buddy had killed his parents.’
Director Confesses That Kevin Feige "Doesn't Have A Plan" For the MCU - Inside the Magic

Again Marvel has figured out to retcon things on the fly. Its just that Loki finale seemed way more definitive than something implied. Seeing the branches to different realties break seems more like a plan than an idea.

If the series ended with Loki being thrown out and never seen Sylvie kill He Who Remains then its probably an easier transition. But again they'll probably figure out something later.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was with you until the video below linked the article

Director Confesses That Kevin Feige "Doesn't Have A Plan" For the MCU - Inside the Magic

Again Marvel has figured out to retcon things on the fly. Its just that Loki finale seemed way more definitive than something implied. Seeing the branches to different realties break seems more like a plan than an idea.

If the series ended with Loki being thrown out and never seen Sylvie kill He Who Remains then its probably an easier transition. But again they'll probably figure out something later.
I don't see how what you posted is in opposition to what I just said. Kang is definitely coming back, it has already been announced. It just isn't happening at the speed you anticipated.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
people forget we didn't see Thanos actually do something until 6 years after he was shown
Yes, but the movies didn't come out as rapidly as they do now. And the timelines were different.

Thanos was just teased in 2012. No direct momentum. 2014 (GOTG) he was just focused on other shyt. 2015 in Avengers 2 he was teased as actively pursuing something but we're not given the time of said event. Especially since for all we know he's searching out in space for other shyt first.

2016 Civil War happens
2016 Doctor Strange starts moreso in the past
2017 GOTG2 takes place 6 months after the 1st one (2014)
2017 Thor 3 - sets up Thanos invasion
2018 - Black Panther is set 2 years before IW

Loki heavily IMPLIED it was going to direct ramifcations. No Way Home/Multiverse of Madness were immediately following it. It wasnt about seeing Kang DO anything. Its just that his impact would be felt. However, again maybe they'll throw something together saying it was a connection all along.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Yeah, I don't like this guy. While he knows a lot about comics he let's his imagination and what he wants to see in the MCU get the best of him. I have seen him make a series of videos wishing mutants already exist in the MCU and providing proof of such and most of it is Mr. Fantastic levels of reaching. Even this video I had to stop because whatever he was trying to explain he is basing off of rumors about Dr. Strange 2 that he's heard. He should wait to see the movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes, but the movies didn't come out as rapidly as they do now. And the timelines were different.

Thanos was just teased in 2012. No direct momentum. 2014 (GOTG) he was just focused on other shyt. 2015 in Avengers 2 he was teased as actively pursuing something but we're not given the time of said event. Especially since for all we know he's searching out in space for other shyt first.

2016 Civil War happens
2016 Doctor Strange starts moreso in the past
2017 GOTG2 takes place 6 months after the 1st one (2014)
2017 Thor 3 - sets up Thanos invasion
2018 - Black Panther is set 2 years before IW

Loki heavily IMPLIED it was going to direct ramifcations. No Way Home/Multiverse of Madness were immediately following it. It wasnt about seeing Kang DO anything. Its just that his impact would be felt.
However, again maybe they'll throw something together saying it was a connection all along.
Did they? I don't really think so. Immediately after the ending of the show the only after credit scene was an announcement of Season 2 of Loki. I assumed that's where the bulk of his story would continue along with Renslayer.
Also what is useful when he was cast as Kang it was for Antman 3 not Loki. They just did that because there was synergy and he was willing.

Jonathan Majors Lands Lead Role in ‘Ant-Man 3,’ Marvel Universe – Deadline

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Only one major movie has come out tho. Spider-Man

And Wanda being the tv that relates to it

and it’s assumed none of that shyt strange does for Spider-Man or Wanda does would be allowed if “he who remains” was still in charge

he would pruned that shyt

he’s at the end of time, what do you expect to happen in such a quick time period??