Official Loki Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some of us have read the books, show ain’t canon

:mjtf:

At this point book canon doesn't matter, more people have watched the MCU than read the comics.

Comics are, and have been, a niche hobby since the industry implosion of the 90's.

And I'm saying this as an OG comic head, that actually got offered a job at Image back in the day.

Fred.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
:mjtf:

At this point book canon doesn't matter, more people have watched the MCU than read the comics.

Comics are, and have been, a niche hobby since the industry implosion of the 90's.

And I'm saying this as an OG comic head, that actually got offered a job at Image back in the day.

Fred.
Its a good thing you didn't take it:sas2:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its a good thing you didn't take it:sas2:

It wasn't possible anyway, one of my boys took a bunch of my art to the San Diego Comic-Con and showed somebody at Image, don't remember who.

They wanted to contact me for some inking work but was :huhldup:when they found out I was only 16, and in another state.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's all the reason to avoid a comic-perfect adaptation if they can write a better story. Which the Marvel Studio writers usually do. You wanna compare the stupid ass Infinity War comic plot to Infinity War+Endgame's perfectly executed plot?

I'm gonna assume you didn't read the back and forth prior to the post you quoted.

I was strictly talking about characters. Marvel has no reason not to use characters now that they own them all. It was understandable before, now nobody is trying to see a story arc with half the relevant characters missing.

Fred.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Some posters over at the CBR forum didn't like Loki and the rest of Disney MCU shows for arbitrary reasons and are just going to stick strictly to the movies? Does anybody think it's wise to just focus on the movies and not watch the shows?
Kevin Fiege has went on record by stating that he fully trusts the audience to watch each tv show AND movie to understand the connects.

The ending of “Black Widow” has a character that shows up in the end that showed up on “Falcon And Winter Solider.”

The events in “WandaVision” will continue in the Doctor Strange movie.

So yes…it’s essential to watch all the shows on Disney+

Now the Netflix, Hulu, shows and “Agents of Shield” is a whole other story :whoa:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Some posters over at the CBR forum didn't like Loki and the rest of Disney MCU shows for arbitrary reasons and are just going to stick strictly to the movies? Does anybody think it's wise to just focus on the movies and not watch the shows?

Absolutely not lol

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is a pic I drew way back in the day, like 1996 or so:

BBs6RPp.jpg

Fred.

Daps
Who would’ve thought, Loki has now pretty much become a “Main Character “ of the MCU. :wow: Very curious on how this plays out for him! He’s definitely had some highs and lows so I see this as the start of his redemption arc.

I honestly don't want him to be redeemed.

I get it in the context of this story but making Loki into a hero goes against what the character has been for decades.

Loki is evil at worst, mischievous at best. And they've made him into a hero.

Its not a huge gripe but I did state this after the very first episode. The Loki in that episode was not the same Loki in Avengers 1. I wish they would keep the Loki from Avengers 1 and let him do his thing but in an antihero way as opposed to making him a hero.

With that being said, in Feige we trust :mjgrin:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

I get it in the context of this story but making Loki into a hero goes against what the character has been for decades.

Its not a huge gripe but I did state this after the very first episode. The Loki in that episode was not the same Loki in Avengers 1. I wish they would keep the Loki from Avengers 1 and let him do his thing but in an antihero way as opposed to making him a hero.

a lot of time passed since avengers 1.

possibly more time than for avengers 1 to avenger 4 for endgame loki

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
hol' up ..

loki hiddleston = english

gugu judge renslayer = english

loki sylvie = english

hunter B15 wumni - english

richard e grant OG loki = english

boastful loki = english

croc loki = english

kid loki = english

-

miss minutes = american

mobius = american

kang = american

:patrice:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

he could always fall off and become an even bigger ass hole.
this could all be a lead up the ultimate "You really are the worst, brother" moment.

imagine all the ways Loki could digress from here.

:banderas:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

thanos killed our Loki tho. We always was dealing with the Loki from the timeline the avengers went back to, to get the stone

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That’s just how the comics are.

Don’t want to read West Coast Avengers… just read Avengers.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Can all people look different? Loki is a god who can shape shift. I’m not so sure a regular human would be taking on tons of different forms in a multiverse scenario. The statue of Kang when Loki came back looked just like Kang. Maybe they wear different clothing or talk differently or have a different hair style, but I don’t see why they would anatomically look different
Sylvie was born a woman. That’s not shape shifting. The gator is just a gator.

If Spider-Man really is a multiverse movie.. the Peter Parker comes in different versions. Different Aunt May, MJ, Flash, etc.