Official Loki Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The multiverse existed before him( separate realities with separate Kangs stacked on top of each other) so he took all of them and and created the sacred timeline.

That’s why they are branching instead of being separate like he showed in his demo in the desk. The branches are basically those senate multiverse trying reestablish themselves from the sacred timeline.

This reality is his
OK none of that is contradicting what I said. The branches happen organically/automatically if he/TVA don't do something about it. Kang's not actively making them happen.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh, I am a fan. For sure.
I just am bewildered that you’re denying a clear premise of the show they make very explicit.
I am not denying it, I agreed no one truly has free will but because the overwhelming majority got nothing to do with nothing regarding Kang and his mission I don't see how that is even a concern. So I'm more like 'Who cares?' it's not an important detail IMO.

Daps
So this confirms the TVA is NOT in the quantum realm since we have established that the quantum realm connects all realities....

Loki being in an alternate version of the TVA just means it sits somewhere in the timelines like any other place.

its either that, or because TVA exists "outside of time", by the time Loki was sent back to the TVA by Sylvie, the "new" Kang already emerged as the leader of the TVA and wiped everyones memory of the previous timeline. So even though it was like 5 seconds to Loki, since he wasn't "in the timeline", when he's back to TVA centuries has passed ... for all we know, the Kang we see in the end who runs the TVA is the one who defeated all/most of his other counterparts in the new multiverse war.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imortus Kang said even if Sylvie kills him he would eventually end up right back where he is due to the same events taking place again...

Is that free will?
You have to remember that he's sitting at the end of time so he knows that he himself always ends up there in one way or another.

This is more "destiny" on his part. Kang pretty much causes all kind of wars and problems throughout other timelines

Immortus/Kang was picking and pruning the scared timeline so kangs of other timelines wouldn't notice it. He grew tried of it and gave Loki's a chance to take over or just put him out his misery. Now the scared time line is bust wide open an rip for the pickings of not just Kang but any multiverse threat.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I am not denying it, I agreed no one truly has free will but because the overwhelming majority got nothing to do with nothing regarding Kang and his mission I don't see how that is even a concern. So I'm more like 'Who cares?' it's not an important detail IMO.
Fair, average people probably don’t. We’re not watching movies about average people.,.we’re watching movies about extraordinary people who protect the fate of the earth and the universe. Surely each of their actions are tightly controlled by Kang, right? Just minimizes what they did to me, is all. Not a fan of that decision. These big long debates I’m getting in are with people who are denying that fact, though.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
OK none of that is contradicting what I said. The branches happen organically/automatically if he/TVA don't do something about it. Kang's not actively making them happen.

Kind of…

I mean you’re kind of having the argument of Frankenstein’s monster.

They’re happen cause he made something that shouldn’t exist. He doesn’t want them but it’s his fault.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
You have to remember that he's sitting at the end of time so he knows that he himself always ends up there in one way or another.

This is more "destiny" on his part. Kang pretty much causes all kind of wars and problems throughout other timelines

Immortus/Kang was picking and pruning the scared timeline so kangs of other timelines wouldn't notice it. He grew tried of it and gave Loki's a chance to take over or just put him out his misery. Now the scared time line is bust wide open an rip for the pickings of not just Kang but any multiverse threat.
Destiny means we don't have free will.

If we have a destiny already laid out for us then we truly have no control or.......free will

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Not necessarily. Kang created the TVA and all the Kangs are part of the timeline. One of them eventually has to step out and create a TVA once they win the multiverse war. That's how it's different now.
Yep, I think the "winner" is the one Renslayer goes back to help, he'll be the main line Kang The Conqueror.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think this show touches on a main theological/religious theme of predetermined destiny vs free will
They did a lot. It's philosophy, it's science, it's a meditation on human nature AND it is all in the name of having people in silly costumes fight each other. :banderas:
Make Mine Marvel goddammit! :ohlawd:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn shame. I hate when shows go down this multi-verse timeline fukkery. Killed fringe for me when it did that and will likely kill this shyt for me. It's uninteresting and tropey. I knew Marvel would go down this path once strange got into the mix but I hoped it would be awhile before than.