Official Loki Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
He’s not. He’s a puppet, as is every other character in the MCU up to this point.

he doesn't make people do things. he sets up probabilities to make some events more likely.

if no one ate a crocodile in any of the timelines he would not be able to make someone chose to eat one.

the timeline is happening all of the time (or is accessible and mutable all of the time). the first round actions in a timeline are free or the result of non-direct free acts (or as "free" as actions get).

looking backwards (4th dimensionally at a timeline) he would know the timelines in which a certain action took place.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Incorrect, sir. Kang is the “only one with free will”.
Let me guess...they’re trolling again? :dead:
In the "sacred" timeline he was the the only one with absolute free will as it stands now. (Outside of things that live outside time)

But everyone has free will.

Just like you have free will to go run in the middle of the street.

You can do that all you want, but Kang is going to "fix" the issue if it leads to a potential apocalypse event of him returning.

In some cases you might be prevented from doing that but does that take away your free will?

You can go try to rob a bank but if the police have prior knowledge to you trying to do it they are going to stop you or attempt.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
it's true.

if i drop a sugar cube into an ants' nest I know the ants will probably move towards it and eat it.

is that me a) controlling them (making them do it) or b) me manipulating them.

answer: b
Play whatever mental gymnastics you’d like...the script explicitly says no one but Kang has free will.
Just like after episode one, you’re debating me on things the script explicitly says.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Play whatever mental gymnastics you’d like...the script explicitly says no one but Kang has free will.
Just like after episode one, you’re debating me on things the script explicitly says.

So kang forced people to do his will all throughout the scared timeline?

The only people who had no freewill or choice kinda stripped away from them are the TVA.

Almost every other being had freewill to do whatever they wanted

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
In the "sacred" timeline he was the the only one with absolute free will as it stands now. (Outside of things that live outside time)

But everyone has free will.

Just like you have free will to go run in the middle of the street.

You can do that all you want, but Kang is going to "fix" the issue if it leads to a potential apocalypse event of him returning.

In some cases you might be prevented from doing that but does that take away your free will?

You can go try to rob a bank but if the police have prior knowledge to you trying to do it they are going to stop you or attempt.
So Ravonna is just confused and wrong when her big final line is that she's going to "find free will"?
She's not "Thinking 4th dimensionally" :mjlol:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
So kang forced people to do his will all throughout the scared timeline?

The only people who had no freewill or choice kinda stripped away from them are the TVA.

Almost every other being had freewill to do whatever they wanted
No. Noone but Kang has had free will. Full stop.
I get that you love the MCU....so do I....thing is, this totally fukks everything you've seen up to this point. It just does.
On the one hand we could say its dope that they've upped the stakes....its true that Thanos is nothing more than a puppet....the Infinity Stones worthless, etc..
Thing is, you have to apply that same logic to the heroes we love, also.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. Noone but Kang has had free will. Full stop.
I get that you love the MCU....so do I....thing is, this totally fukks everything you've seen up to this point. It just does.
On the one hand we could say its dope that they've upped the stakes....its true that Thanos is nothing more than a puppet....the Infinity Stones worthless, etc..
Thing is, you have to apply that same logic to the heroes we love, also.
:mjlol:

Not really breh, this whole thing isn't really to wild to me as it's tackled in comics a lot.

If being able to do whatever you want with no consequences and no one to stop you is free will then sure Kang was the only one with free will.

However there are multiverses full of trillions of people living there life of free will doing what they want.

Kang having a task force of TVA agents doesn't take away peoples free will.

If that's the case you can say no human on earth in real life has "free will"

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:mjlol:

Not really breh, this whole thing isn't really to wild to me as it's tackled in comics al lot.

If being able to do whatever you want with no consequences and no one to stop you is free will then sure Kang was the only one with free will.

However there are multiverses full of trillions of people living there life of free will doing what they want.

Kang having a task force of TVA agents doesn't take away peoples free will.

If that's the case you can say no human on earth in real life has "free will"
Comics and movies are different mediums, for one. Also, if that’s the case, you would know Thanos with the Gauntlet overpowered all the cosmic gods, timekeepers, the living tribunal, etc. All of them. So this is already comic inaccurate.