Official Logan (Wolverine 3) Thread

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.

I slept on this, because I'm not the biggest fan of this super hero genre, and not a comic book fan period. I find most of the films in this lane I've watched corny, full of cardboard damn near interchangeable characters, with cliche endings that you can see a mile away. Which brings me to why I can't believe I slept, Logan was none of the above. All the protagonists were people who just happened to be superheros. Of course Wolverine has been curmudgeoned in all the films, but in this we were shown why. It's one thing to know the effects of a hard life, but to see how several lifetimes of killing and seeing loved ones pass turned him into a shell of himself was painfully beautiful. Seeing the professor dealing with not only knocking on deaths door, but slowing losing his mind, the very thing that lead so many people to love and cherish him, inside that universe and us watching, was hard. I have to laugh at that, because I never thought a hero movie could make me feel anything, but I took a few hits from this film. No matter how great a film is written, the viewer won't care about any characters without great acting, this was no exception, Logan, Professor, and Laura killed that shyt. On top of all this dopeness, this shyt was raw as fukk. Brilliant violence, language that really gets used in hostile situations, and this nikka died.:dwillhuh:

This was just a pleasant surprise, I hope they continue with Laura and the rest of the escaped Manticore kids. I'll be tuned in if they do.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They can't do a sequel with the same kids unless it has a time skip. They too old now. They started filming last summer and a sequel would probably take another 2 or 3 years to start filming.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_oqvyzx3rm41vvcd19o5_540.gif

Love that her emptional iq is so low. She goes to the rage real quick:demonic:

tumblr_omj1c2fJqX1vs6xh0o1_500.gif

Fox needs to say fukk everything else. Those kids need to team up and take down Transigen, and stop those damn corn syrup from stunting the mutant gene

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
This was fantastic.:wow:

X-23 might be the goat female in a comic movie :wow:

The ending b :overb:

Flipping the cross into an X:to:

It really hurt seeing professor x in that state:to:

I want more of those kids
Still my personal favorite movie this year. It was fukkin powerful, gritty, entertaining. It was my favorite character finally getting the film he deserves.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
And yeah, whoever played Pierce would have been a real cool gambit. I just dont see tatum pulling it off.

I know the implication is professor x killed the xmen, but what happened to the other 600 mutants at the school who were only injured :patrice:

In th is timeline, wolverine saw everyone he knew get killed, went back in time, saved everyone, had X tell him everything that happened when he awoke, only to have lost everyone again and have X kill his friends, then he dies in his daughter's hand. Easily the most tragic hero :heh:

Last edited:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
They can't do a sequel with the same kids unless it has a time skip. They too old now. They started filming last summer and a sequel would probably take another 2 or 3 years to start filming.

They can start it off knee deep in a war, with the kids being in their late teens or early twenties, it wouldn't hurt the story.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_oq17pjnWJa1rxpq74o4_400.gif

Man it would be so dope if they continued the story line of Eden. It would have been nice if someone from Wolverines past met up with him after Xavier died like jubilee or shadow cat. That way it could lead to the eden story arc. Also it would have made a little more sense than having a bunch of kids making the trip to Eden solo.

Patrick Stewart portrayal of Xavier was amazing. He was always teaching Wolverine. There were so many levels: he was charasmatic, grumpy, remorseful, introspective then he died :mjcry:
Eden wasnt real. It was comic book bullshyt, like logan said. However the kids made it real, and decided thats where theyll meet.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They can start it off knee deep in a war, with the kids being in their late teens or early twenties, it wouldn't hurt the story.
Since one of the plot points of Logan was that there hasn't been a natural born mutant in years, they could do the Messiah Complex story with the kids in their late-teens/20s.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Since one of the plot points of Logan was that there hasn't been a natural born mutant in years, they could do the Messiah Complex story with the kids in their late-teens/20s.
lol why when you can keep up with the Xavier/Magneto/Mystique threesome-fest :pachaha: