Official Logan (Wolverine 3) Thread

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just an opinion bruh. Thought the nikka was grouchy for no reason. The girl looked ugly af and annoying. Professor X was wack. It was slow and corny.

:gucci:

I don't think people understand how much pain Logan is going through. Healing relatively slowly but feeling all the pain of your lacerated organs, broken bones, and all the wounds you accrued is a horrible fate.

Even popping his claws is painful as fukk (Imagine three gigantic knives ripping from the spaces beteeen your fingers.

Grouchy for no reason lol

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
:gucci:

I don't think people understand how much pain Logan is going through. Healing relatively slowly but feeling all the pain of your lacerated organs, broken bones, and all the wounds you accrued is a horrible fate.

Even popping his claws is painful as fukk (Imagine three gigantic knives ripping from the spaces beteeen your fingers.

Grouchy for no reason lol

Plus, everyone that Wolverine has ever known or loved has died. Some have died horribly. Look at the scene with the Munson family. Such a feel good scene...and then looked what happened moments later. But that's the point. It is not only the fact that they die, but just how utterly unceremonious their deaths are. X-24 just murders Charles while he is lying in bed without uttering a word, not even displaying enjoyment or satisfaction. The significance of his death simply meaning nothing to Logan's Doppelganger. Meanwhile, Wolverine lost one of the last true friend that he had. The climax drives it home the hardest with Logan completely outmatched and getting his ass absolutely handed to him by his doppelganger, only for Laura to bail him out with the Adamantium bullet, only for him to die anyway. No final epic ass kicking, no heroic sacrifice, no significance in his death. No, instead the centuries old mutant, Wolverine, the LAST living X-Man in the world...he just dies. His body is not encased in Adamantium and literally placed on a pedestal that serves as a grand memorial. He's just buried under a pile of rocks marked only by two branches lashed together in an X, right in the middle of absolutely fukking nowhere North Dakotan wilderness (sorry to all of you North Dakota, brehs :whoa:), in a place where even his daughter will probably not be able to remember. Logan's body will probably be dug up by a pack of wolves later and eaten. And that is what made the film so exquisitely poignant and impactful.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus, everyone that Wolverine has ever known or loved has died. Some have died horribly. Look at the scene with the Munson family. Such a feel good scene...and then looked what happened moments later. But that's the point. It is not only the fact that they die, but just how utterly unceremonious their deaths are. X-24 just murders Charles while he is lying in bed without uttering a word, not even displaying enjoyment or satisfaction. The significance of his death simply meaning nothing to Logan's Doppelganger. Meanwhile, Wolverine lost one of the last true friend that he had. The climax drives it home the hardest with Logan completely outmatched and getting his ass absolutely handed to him by his doppelganger, only for Laura to bail him out with the Adamantium bullet, only for him to die anyway. No final epic ass kicking, no heroic sacrifice, no significance in his death. No, instead the centuries old mutant, Wolverine, the LAST living X-Man in the world...he just dies. His body is not encased in Adamantium and literally placed on a pedestal that serves as a grand memorial. He's just buried under a pile of rocks marked only by two branches lashed together in an X, right in the middle of absolutely fukking nowhere North Dakotan wilderness (sorry to all of you North Dakota, brehs :whoa:), in a place where even his daughter will probably not be able to remember. Logan's body will probably be dug up by a pack of wolves later and eaten. And that is what made the film so exquisitely poignant and impactful.

Eh, I disagree. Logan's last stand and allowing new mutants/children to have a fighting chance to live like he never got was among the most heroic sacrifices I've seen.

Especially when you realize how hard he pushed himself. Dude was running so hard he could barely move and pushed himself way past his limit. We saw Logan constantly running away from who he is, a true hero, but it's in his nature. He was always an X-Men, just like Charles nature is in helping/guiding those who are in need.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Eh, I disagree. Logan's last stand and allowing new mutants/children to have a fighting chance to live like he never got was among the most heroic sacrifices I've seen.

Especially when you realize how hard he pushed himself. Dude was running so hard he could barely move and pushed himself way past his limit. We saw Logan constantly running away from who he is, a true hero, but it's in his nature. He was always an X-Men, just like Charles nature is in helping/guiding those who are in need.

True. The more I thought about it, he did get those kids to safety. Like a true X-Men. I guess one thing is seeing Wolverine get completely outmatched by X-24 and not getting some sort of comeuppance or one good shot. It's kind like watching a final fight in a Rocky movie and not seeing Rocky come back and teach the villain a lesson.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True. The more I thought about it, he did get those kids to safety. Like a true X-Men. I guess one thing is seeing Wolverine get completely outmatched by X-24 and not getting some sort of comeuppance or one good shot. It's kind like watching a final fight in a Rocky movie and not seeing Rocky come back and teach the villain a lesson.

He wasn't supposed to outmatch X-24. It pretty much represents the beast and animal that Logan was when he was only a weapon, what Weapon X wanted to make him. He's Wolverine but without the guidance of the professor or Logan's heroic soul. He's the perfect warrior but not a hero.

It'd be like 50 year old MJ beating Prime MJ in basketball.

It makes sense, thematically, that Laura (Logan's daughter) is finally the one to put Logan's feral side down and show him true humanity/love in his final moments. I loved it.

Especially when you realize that Logan also channeled the teachings of Professor Xavier to be an ideal for the younger generation of mutants by putting them on a path of heroism.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
finally watched. good movie.

basically everyone outside of the MCU should just fukkin go R at this point. Fox at least. With Deadpool and Logan proving R rated comic movies can make huge money, watching horrendous actress Sophie Turner try to emote to the level of the Dark Phoenix saga in PG-13 is gonna be garbage.

i mean i know they obviously won't b/c god forbid little Timmy hears the F-word after murdering people on xbox all day, but if Logan was PG-13 it would have been right in line with the other movies before it. the savage-ness (?) and authentic cursing really brought it all together. imagine fighting for your life and saying "ah, damn!" everyone is saying "fukk" there.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
If Sabertooth was in the movie it would have become a Sabertooth and wolverine movie. We already had that. He would've been a counter to the plot they actually wanted to make.
Shut up it should have happened