Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
QBR is a weak stat. Passer rating is the one you want and he's 28th in passer rating. I mean really, Dak Prescott has the #1 QBR right now. What does QBR really mean? It's a made up and pointless stat...

By no realistic thought process is Kyler a middle of the pack QB...

Stop. He's playing better than Baker is right now, but Baker played better last year than Kyler is now. Kyler has played 5 games, relax. He ain't blowing anybody's socks off...

Dak is Kyler's ceiling. I would be totally shocked if he was any better than Dak...

Meaningless stat. We are in the age where teams pass the ball at a much higher rate than they did even when Luck came in, in '12. Of course he has the most completions ever lol...

If your dumbass is comparing him to dak then this convo is meaningless.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
I don’t get the Dak comparisons and this is coming from someone who was high on Dak and Cardale( :mjcry: ) in that draft. His arm alone shyts on Dakota, beautiful deep ball with precision.

I wouldn’t even compare him to Brees and though he has elements of Russ, him neither. shyt if you were to give him a comp, McNair would be one I think he favors more than either Brees or Russ.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I don’t get the Dak comparisons and this is coming from someone who was high on Dak and Cardale( :mjcry: ) in that draft. His arm alone shyts on Dakota, beautiful deep ball with precision.

I wouldn’t even compare him to Brees and though he has elements of Russ, him neither. shyt if you were to give him a comp, McNair would be one I think he favors more than either Brees or Russ.

Nobody actually compared him to Dak lol. I didn't anyway, some of these nikkas need comprehension skills...

I said I see his ceiling as being Dak. Not that his style of play reminds me of Dak...if cats are talking about someone other than me, I ain't read every page of this thread, but I dont see him advancing beyond a midlevel NFL starter, at best. That's what Dak currently is...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

I wouldn't say McNair either.

He really is unique :jbhmm:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
KM set another NFL record and it was for completions in a player’s first six career games with 138.

@murksiderock hes doing better than Dak in his first year with a worse team.

I'll give it to him, this was a great game by Kyler today!

Dak's first 6 starts, he completed 68.7% of his passes, 7 Tds to 1 pick, 8.2 ypa and a 103.9 passer rating. The major difference here is Dallas used him more as a game manager than Arizona is using Kyler, that's a fact and it matters...

After today Kyler's completion percentage is still 4.4 percentage points below Dak's, and he's only thrown one more touchdown pass versus three more picks. He has thrown 56 more passes than Dak but that's still an interception rate 3 times as high as Dak's was and his touchdown rate is lower...

I still think his ceiling us Dak's level, but my mind can be changed if how he played today is how he'll consistently play going forward...

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Dak's first 6 starts, he completed 68.7% of his passes, 7 Tds to 1 pick, 8.2 ypa and a 103.9 passer rating. The major difference here is Dallas used him more as a game manager than Arizona is using Kyler, that's a fact and it matters...

After today Kyler's completion percentage is still 4.4 percentage points below Dak's, and he's only thrown one more touchdown pass versus three more picks. He has thrown 56 more passes than Dak but that's still an interception rate 3 times as high as Dak's was and his touchdown rate is lower...

I still think his ceiling us Dak's level, but my mind can be changed if how he played today is how he'll consistently play going forward...

Stop posting. You have no clue what are talking about.

If dak was an 1/8 of the thrower murray is, the cowboys wouldn't be 3-3

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Rayne has a better cast and a coach that has experience in coaching in the NFL level.

Rayne always had the luxury of a first tier runningback, had a top flight receiver, and an all-pro OLINE.

Kyler has no clear number one receivers, a bad o-Line (which is getting better), a past-his-prime RB, a coach with no NFL experience, and a horrible defense. Defense so bad, that it forces KM to score on every possession.

KM has all the tools to be an elite qb. Elite arm, elite athleticism, the tenacity to will his team to win, and can elevate his team around him. Great lockeroom presence. :mjpls: Is smart and has good decision making abilities. :mjpls: Learning every game :mjpls: