Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rosen:
Arizona vs. Seattle
Completions/Attempts: 15/27
Passing Yards: 180
Touchdowns: 1
Interceptions: 0
Sacks: 1
Rate: 88.5

Arizona vs. San Francisco
Completions/Attempts: 10/25
Passing Yards: 170
Sacks: 1
Rate: 77.1

Arizona vs. Minnesota
Completions/Attempts: 21/31
Passing Yards: 240
Touchdowns: 0
Interceptions: 1
Sacks: 4
Rate: 77.4

Arizona vs. Denver
Completions/Attempts: 21/39
Passing Yards: 194
Interceptions: 3
Sacks: 6
Rate: 44.2

Murray:
Arizona vs. Detroit
Completions/Attempts: 29/54
Passing Yards: 308
Touchdowns: 2
Sacks: 5
Rate: 75.2

Arizona vs. Baltimore
Completions/Attempts: 25/40
Passing Yards: 349
Sacks: 3
Rate: 73.1

Arizona vs. Carolina
Completions/Attempts: 30/43
Passing Yards: 173
Touchdowns: 2
Interceptions: 2
Sacks: 8
Rate: 73.1

Arizona vs. Seattle
Completions/Attempts: 22/32
Passing Yards: 241
Sacks: 4
Rate: 77.7

Totals/Avg First 4 Games:
Kyler Murray
Completions/Attempts: 106/169
Passing Yards: 1,071
Touchdowns: 4
Interceptions: 4
Sacks: 20
Rate: 79.13

Josh Rosen
Completions/Attempts: 67/122
Passing Yards: 784
Touchdowns: 3
Interceptions: 4
Sacks: 12
@Francium
I only watched the first couple games of Murray, but he looks good and better than I expected. He's accurate, better than average reads, and has a leadership quality you can't teach. I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm glad he's proving me wrong on my concerns - his height getting in the way of reading the defense and making the throws he could at OU.

The Cards are still stupid for hiring Kliff. Kliff going after Murray made sense for his system, but I just don't see his scheme being sustainable in the league with ultra-athletes.

I don't think Rosen will be a journeyman like Keenum, but he's an archaic QB in the sense he needs an O-line to protect him in order to be effective. We all know that. He's got deja vu in miami - poor o-line, dropped TDs, etc. It may not be until year 3 or 4 when we can really assess either QBs.

I just hated to see Rosen shipped out after having a similar rookie year to Darnold and Allen, but on a worst team.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I only watched the first couple games of Murray, but he looks good and better than I expected. He's accurate, better than average reads, and has a leadership quality you can't teach. I'll be the first one to tell you that I'm glad he's proving me wrong on my concerns - his height getting in the way of reading the defense and making the throws he could at OU.

The Cards are still stupid for hiring Kliff. Kliff going after Murray made sense for his system, but I just don't see his scheme being sustainable in the league with ultra-athletes.

I don't think Rosen will be a journeyman like Keenum, but he's an archaic QB in the sense he needs an O-line to protect him in order to be effective. We all know that. He's got deja vu in miami - poor o-line, dropped TDs, etc. It may not be until year 3 or 4 when we can really assess either QBs.

I just hated to see Rosen shipped out after having a similar rookie year to Darnold and Allen, but on a worst team.
The system is working. It's just they have no offensive line and their defense sucks. Fix that first. I like the kliff and kyle combo

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Kyler currently is 16th in QBR (so middle of the pack) at 51.2.

He's currently on pace for 4237 yards passing 13 tds/13 ints 659 yards rushing 6 tds

He's averaging 81 yards rushing a game when he has at least 8 carries.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

Kyler currently is 16th in QBR (so middle of the pack) at 51.2.

He's currently on pace for 4237 yards passing 13 tds/13 ints 659 yards rushing 6 tds

He's averaging 81 yards rushing a game when he has at least 8 carries.

QBR is a weak stat. Passer rating is the one you want and he's 28th in passer rating. I mean really, Dak Prescott has the #1 QBR right now. What does QBR really mean? It's a made up and pointless stat...

By no realistic thought process is Kyler a middle of the pack QB...

He's gonna be good, he's already better than Baker

Stop. He's playing better than Baker is right now, but Baker played better last year than Kyler is now. Kyler has played 5 games, relax. He ain't blowing anybody's socks off...

Baby Dak?

:russ:

Don't disrespect Kyler like that, at least not this early in his career.

Dak is Kyler's ceiling. I would be totally shocked if he was any better than Dak...

Meaningless stat. We are in the age where teams pass the ball at a much higher rate than they did even when Luck came in, in '12. Of course he has the most completions ever lol...