Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the traditional superman doesn't die, there is no actual depth to his death. He is just a strange alien man who died saving them like he did for about a year.
The power of Superman's death in the comics isn't because what it does for Clark Kent, its the effect it has on the entire Universe, specifically the people of Metropolis who have grown over years to love and respect Superman, the way he love them right back. Its why there is power when superman is paraded down the streets and has his funeral with the whole DC super hero squad coming, the statue for him, ad etc.

You kill his connection with the people, the city, the entire universe, you kill a "hero" who hates being a hero, who hates his life and has no purpose and it literally means nothing.

Dying to find oneself and to become a true hero is not a superman story and it just shown how Snyder never had a ounce of understanding for the property and that WB allowed him to start this nonsense is why the DCCU is in complete and total shambles from the ground up.

All this is my opinion though.
says who ? As much as I love marvel they take more liberties than DC to be honest and if your not in every marvel thread railing about it then :camby: let the creators tell the story they want and it fits the superman messiah narrative so I can't see your problem .
He didn't hate being a hero he was learning to be the superman you seem to want, a superman growing up in the world of today in which everyone has an opinion about everything and would be mistrustful of a godlike figure who appears to only want to do good for no apparent reward . People can't even agree if fluoride and eggs are good or bad and you think the world as a whole would just be like :blessed::blessed: yesssss a superman !!Especially after all the destruction Zod caused . His death shows and reinforces that he is serious about being humanities protector to the doubters

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well it's a different take though. These are still adaptations and I have no problem with superman dying to find himself and be reborn. If you're not going to use the death for some sort of character growth then it's stupid. When superman came back in the comics nothing about his character was different. He just had some more powers that's it
The long mullet was some growth though :troll:
I think DC characters popularity may be hurting it as people who aren't comic fans or haven't even read comics in 20 years get ideas in their head about this Is batman and superman no other version should exist while marvel is allowed to mess with canon any way they want and since people don't know much about some characters the fans go :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
26% on RT Suicide Squad :scusthov:

:mjlol: nobody cares about that shyt. Audiences 25 and under gave the movie an A- at Cinemascore. DC/WB would rather have people who buy the merchandise and all of the products in relation to the universe on board then some old fukks who don't buy shyt anymore and critics who don't buy anything

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: nobody cares about that shyt. Audiences 25 and under gave the movie an A- at Cinemascore. DC/WB would rather have people who buy the merchandise and all of the products in relation to the universe on board then some old fukks who don't buy shyt anymore and critics who don't buy anything
Why not have both?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Well it's a different take though. These are still adaptations and I have no problem with superman dying to find himself and be reborn. If you're not going to use the death for some sort of character growth then it's stupid. When superman came back in the comics nothing about his character was different. He just had some more powers that's it

superman didn't need to change, though.
His death brought us some major events and some cool characters in the interim like Steel, The Eradicator, Superboy run, and set into motion the events that saw Coast city destroyed and the start of the Hal to Parallax change.

So they are leaving a great deal off the table.

says who ? As much as I love marvel they take more liberties than DC to be honest and if your not in every marvel thread railing about it then :camby: let the creators tell the story they want and it fits the superman messiah narrative so I can't see your problem .
He didn't hate being a hero he was learning to be the superman you seem to want, a superman growing up in the world of today in which everyone has an opinion about everything and would be mistrustful of a godlike figure who appears to only want to do good for no apparent reward . People can't even agree if fluoride and eggs are good or bad and you think the world as a whole would just be like :blessed::blessed: yesssss a superman !!Especially after all the destruction Zod caused . His death shows and reinforces that he is serious about being humanities protector to the doubters

Yeah like I said before, this movie and Snyder completely miss the point of Superman and misfired on the character that even Johns said he missed the point completely.

Geoff Johns Promises Hope And Optimism In The DC Universe
“I think people make a mistake when they say, ‘Superman’s not relatable because he’s so powerful,’” he said. “I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? He’s a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he’s got.’ That’s the most relatable character in the world."

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why not have both?

Comic book movies are heavily frontloaded at the box office these days. Civil War was critically acclaimed but still fell around 60% in it's second weekend. Critics actually have near zero impact on what comic book movies do.

The goal is to please the audiences. The only problem WB has is they are being too hands-on with these movies and interfering too much. They need to step back and let the directors do their thing.

Disney did the same shyt with Whedon on AOU and also Wright with Ant-Man.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
His death brought us some major events and some cool characters in the interim like Steel, The Eradicator, Superboy run, and set into motion the events that saw Coast city destroyed and the start of the Hal to Parallax change.

Yeah like I said before, this movie and Snyder completely miss the point of Superman and misfired on the character that even Johns said he missed the point completely.

Yeah we disagree on those events being cool or characters being cool or anything like that. Complete cash grab in my eyes

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah we disagree on those events being cool or characters being cool or anything like that. Complete cash grab in my eyes
I thought the Reign of Supermen was average, the eradicator storyline, hank henshaw storyline (one of the best DC villians IMHO) and the eventual return of Clark back to being superman after eradicator sacrifice along with Mongel invading is perfect for movies and they blew it, along with simply throwing in a shallow and unimportant death of superman storyline.

Its cool though, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Please. Do me favor. Find the quote where Johns says he missed the point completely.

All I see is a Johns quote that doesnt say that and a bunch of bullshyt devin Faraci writing twisting it into what he wants it to mean.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Comic book movies are heavily frontloaded at the box office these days. Civil War was critically acclaimed but still fell around 60% in it's second weekend. Critics actually have near zero impact on what comic book movies do.

The goal is to please the audiences. The only problem WB has is they are being too hands-on with these movies and interfering too much. They need to step back and let the directors do their thing.

Disney did the same shyt with Whedon on AOU and also Wright with Ant-Man.
It's not 0 tho, so DC doesn't want good reviews? And both those disney movies got good reviews actually.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Please. Do me favor. Find the quote where Johns says he missed the point completely.

All I see is a Johns quote and a bunch of bullshyt devin Faraci writing twisting it into what he wants it to mean.

“I think people make a mistake when they say, ‘Superman’s not relatable because he’s so powerful,’” he said. “I’m like, ‘Are you kidding me? He’s a farmboy from Kansas who moves to the city and just wants to do the best he can with what he’s got.’ That’s the most relatable character in the world."

Zack Snyder 'Man Of Steel' Makes Superman Relatable, Zack Snyder Says
"I went into the movie trying to say, if we were Superman, how would we react in these situations?" Snyder told MTV News at the film's recent Los Angeles press day. "Because I always felt in the past Superman has kind of been this unrelatable character — we look at him like a god. And I felt like I understood the 'why' of Superman ... we understood his love of humanity and his morality and then we would 'get' the grown-up Superman."

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Zack Snyder 'Man Of Steel' Makes Superman Relatable, Zack Snyder Says
"I went into the movie trying to say, if we were Superman, how would we react in these situations?" Snyder told MTV News at the film's recent Los Angeles press day. "Because I always felt in the past Superman has kind of been this unrelatable character — we look at him like a god. And I felt like I understood the 'why' of Superman ... we understood his love of humanity and his morality and then we would 'get' the grown-up Superman."
Yeah you're clearly twisting what's being said to further your own bias.

Number one, nowhere does Johns say Zach is missing the point. You're extracting two guys disagreeing on wether people see supes as relatable.

Number two, the title of the article is man of steel makes superman relatable.

So zack set out to make him relatable. He was from Kansas. He moved to the city. And he tried to do his best with what he has. You know like him saving his classmates,saving the guys on the oil rig, saving the world.

And Zach is absolutey right. Superman was seen as unrelatable by an entire generation of fans. His boy scout image never connected with 80s and 90s babies. Theirs a reason his comics sales fell of a cliff and Anti hero's like wolverine and venom became popular.

That's what you and others can't seem to grasp. Superman was seen as lame boring and unrelatable by almost an entire generation. He was nowhere longer that popular.

That's why they killed him off as a gimmick to sell books and put him.on ice for a while as @MartyMcFly explained.

It's the entire reason why superman returns was lauded by critics and audiences met it with indifference. And it's the reason man of steel is so polarizing.

The old fans and critics can't seem to grasp that newer generations do not care for boy scout supes from the donner films.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah you're clearly twisting what's being said to further your own bias.

Number one, nowhere does Johns say Zach is missing the point. You're extracting two guys disagreeing on wether people see supes as relatable.

Number two, the title of the article is man of steel makes superman relatable.

So zack set out to make him relatable. He was from Kansas. He moved to the city. And he tried to do his best with what he has. You know like him saving his classmates,saving the guys on the oil rig, saving the world.

And Zach is absolutey right. Superman was seen as unrelatable by an entire generation of fans. His boy scout image never connected with 80s and 90s babies. Theirs a reason his comics sales fell of a cliff and Anti hero's like wolverine and venom became popular.

That's what you and others can't seem to grasp. Superman was seen as lame boring and unrelatable by almost an entire generation. He was nowhere longer that popular.

That's why they killed him off as a gimmick to sell books and put him.on ice for a while as @MartyMcFly explained.

It's the entire reason why superman returns was lauded by critics and audiences met it with indifference. And it's the reason man of steel is so polarizing.

The old fans and critics can't seem to grasp that newer generations do not care for boy scout supes from the donner films.

Superman so unrelatable that for over 60 years and multiple generations he developed a fanbase of people that loved the character as written all over the world.

To be so idiotic to think that Superman was a concept that needed fixing showed you from the beginning that Snyder was ill equipped for the job and Johns spoke on it. There is absolutely nothing unrelatable about Superman as a person. Clark Kent is from a small town, raised by loving parents, that has a crappy job, and is in love with a woman who loved his alter-ego and eventually him. He is one of the most relatable comic book characters in the world, outside of his power.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Superman so unrelatable that for over 60 years and multiple generations he developed a fanbase of people that loved the character as written all over the world.

To be so idiotic to think that Superman was a concept that needed fixing showed you from the beginning that Snyder was ill equipped for the job and Johns spoke on it. There is absolutely nothing unrelatable about Superman as a person. Clark Kent is from a small town, raised by loving parents, that has a crappy job, and is in love with a woman who loved his alter-ego and eventually him. He is one of the most relatable comic book characters in the world, outside of his power.
I was going to write a long response but you're a brick wall.

I can tell you're over 30,most likely in your 40s,probably haven't even read a superman comic in 20 years and are obvlious to how younger generations view superman.

If you can't acknowledge that the old superman is not appealing to the younger generation you'll never get it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I was going to write a long response but you're a brick wall.

I can tell you're over 30,most likely in your 40s,probably haven't even read a superman comic in 20 years and are obvlious to how younger generations view superman.

If you can't acknowledge that the old superman is not appealing to the younger generation you'll never get it.

Superman so unappealing like Justice League and Justice League Unlimited didn't show classic Superman to kids in their 20s.
You are trying to hard.
Snyder failed and failed miserably, trying to make a terrible movie of a beloved character b*stardized beyond rcognition.