Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So it's more often than not or a 50/50 split that a producer didn't do shyt? Really?!
You guys are pointing out isolated examples.
I used that article because it pointed out why Jon Peters got an EP credit on MOS which I mentioned earlier.
But it is pretty common...Jon Favreau is going to be listed as an EP on every Avengers movie; Bryan Singer was still listed as producer on all of the X-Movies that he had nothing to do with.
Based on your deal with a studio concerning a specific property could result in you getting producer credits for multiple films that you basically had nothing to do with.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Forcing a death of superman arc in the 2nd superman move 1 year of him being active is the dumbest creative decision I've ever heard in my life.

Well here's where I'd disagree and of course this is just me spitballing and what I'd do if i were writing it.

It's pretty clear they're going with Superman as a messianic figure, more so than the initial Moses parable he started out as. So his "death" at 33, if executed properly, can be used as a narrative device in the same way that the martian manhunter stepping away from the justice league was in the cartoon. Snyder has spoken on this so I think there's truth to it, but this universe's version of superman is still finding his way and trying to become the guy he "traditionally" is. Rather than have this immediate connection with humanity, a humanity that at times fears him, ostracizes him, and feels like he doesn't belong here because he's an alien, this death and his sacrifice is a way of him deciding that humanity is worth saving despite all the BS he has to deal with.

Whether that's executed properly or even the beginnings of it executed properly is a different discussion entirely and I'm sure someone will have it, but the idea of him giving his life for a cause and then coming back as a new man with a new outlook and a stronger, more confident character, I'm all for that. That would actually be a better reason and narrative than the reason they killed him in the comics which was just to sell books and they got tired of writing him and wanted to put him on the shelf for a while

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Well here's where I'd disagree and of course this is just me spitballing and what I'd do if i were writing it.

It's pretty clear they're going with Superman as a messianic figure, more so than the initial Moses parable he started out as. So his "death" at 33, if executed properly, can be used as a narrative device in the same way that the martian manhunter stepping away from the justice league was in the cartoon. Snyder has spoken on this so I think there's truth to it, but this universe's version of superman is still finding his way and trying to become the guy he "traditionally" is. Rather than have this immediate connection with humanity, a humanity that at times fears him, ostracizes him, and feels like he doesn't belong here because he's an alien, this death and his sacrifice is a way of him deciding that humanity is worth saving despite all the BS he has to deal with.

Whether that's executed properly or even the beginnings of it executed properly is a different discussion entirely and I'm sure someone will have it, but the idea of him giving his life for a cause and then coming back as a new man with a new outlook and a stronger, more confident character, I'm all for that. That would actually be a better reason and narrative than the reason they killed him in the comics which was just to sell books and they got tired of writing him and wanted to put him on the shelf for a while

If the traditional superman doesn't die, there is no actual depth to his death. He is just a strange alien man who died saving them like he did for about a year.
The power of Superman's death in the comics isn't because what it does for Clark Kent, its the effect it has on the entire Universe, specifically the people of Metropolis who have grown over years to love and respect Superman, the way he love them right back. Its why there is power when superman is paraded down the streets and has his funeral with the whole DC super hero squad coming, the statue for him, ad etc.

You kill his connection with the people, the city, the entire universe, you kill a "hero" who hates being a hero, who hates his life and has no purpose and it literally means nothing.

Dying to find oneself and to become a true hero is not a superman story and it just shown how Snyder never had a ounce of understanding for the property and that WB allowed him to start this nonsense is why the DCCU is in complete and total shambles from the ground up.

All this is my opinion though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If the traditional superman doesn't die, there is no actual depth to his death. He is just a strange alien man who died saving them like he did for about a year.
The power of Superman's death in the comics isn't because what it does for Clark Kent, its the effect it has on the entire Universe, specifically the people of Metropolis who have grown over years to love and respect Superman, the way he love them right back. Its why there is power when superman is paraded down the streets and has his funeral with the whole DC super hero squad coming, the statue for him, ad etc.

You kill his connection with the people, the city, the entire universe, you kill a "hero" who hates being a hero, who hates his life and has no purpose and it literally means nothing.

Dying to find oneself and to become a true hero is not a superman story and it just shown how Snyder never had a ounce of understanding for the property and that WB allowed him to start this nonsense is why the DCCU is in complete and total shambles from the ground up.

All this is my opinion though.

Well it's a different take though. These are still adaptations and I have no problem with superman dying to find himself and be reborn. If you're not going to use the death for some sort of character growth then it's stupid. When superman came back in the comics nothing about his character was different. He just had some more powers that's it