Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I see why a lot of shyt is cookie cutter in movies.

The "Martha" shyt has been one of the most :snoop: moments in movie history. It was plain as day why Bats stopped like the person said.

""@slickrickdesigns - The Martha moment is the most misinterpreted scene in recent film history. Almost everyone thinks that "they became beasties because their mothers had the same first name. But that wasn't it at all. It was about last words. Thomas Wayne's last words were Martha and he was killed trying to protect his family. If Batman had killed Superman, his last words would have been Martha and he would have been killed trying to protect his family. Effectively making him the same as the man who killed his parents. That's why he stopped. Because he refused to kill an innocent man. The fight has so much more impact if you can recognize this. I recognize this, and so many more of the plot elements that are misinterpreted, and Batman v Superman is my favorite film of the year so far.""

It's not rocket science but Americans ain't the brightest....word to Trump.

ReachingFullPotential-300x225.jpeg

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Funny how you try to shift the argument after having your panties pulled down.

Again,tell us more about how lex designed their costumes
If only the bar was so low for Marvel that writers were able to create a caricature of a villain who constructed QuickTime videos of the intended future cast, shoehorn it into the climax of the film, and have it be lauded :wow:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I thought that was just a rumor.
I think if I were a betting man that Black Canary is the odds on favorite female character to be added to the cast by the time of the sequel.
I know there were a lot of rumors last year that Alona Tal was the front-runner for the part:
nGZo4hX.jpg
:ehh: I don't know who she is,but i approve.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i wonder if anyone has an essay planned for why superman chose to refer to his mother by her first name in his last moment of panic.:ohhh:

you guys are jumping through hoops of fire to explain the work of a director who literally cannot speak in coherent sentences when he's interviewed. somehow this guy who can barely communicate his ideas on a basic level is suddenly capable of communicating this deep, textured epiphany on camera that only half of the audience is able to understand.

also let's give it up to henry day-lewis and benzel washington for their oscar worthy performances in that moment as well. don't really need a great director at the helm when you have actors like that.

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
FQPQZK8.jpg

Looking at that image this franchise really needs to add another woman to the cast so its not such a sausage party (and to deflect the inevitable cries from the Internet of the movie being too male). I know the folks in charge of these movies have to be thinking the same thing so I wonder which lady Justice Leaguer will be the first one to be brought into the movies?

I would bet that it will either be Black Canary or Zatanna.

They also need to completely give up on pushing the most WORTHLESS black "hero" ever created and give us John Stewart. I don't care if they kill off Cyborg in Justice League just get RID of him:camby:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wonder if anyone has an essay planned for why superman chose to refer to his mother by her first name in his last moment of panic.:ohhh:

Fortunately we got those already. The next essays will be about how Batman goes from "Grr, I need to kill Superman! :fire:" to cracking jokes in the span of a ten minute scene.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
They also need to completely give up on pushing the most WORTHLESS black "hero" ever created and give us John Stewart. I don't care if they kill off Cyborg in Justice League just get RID of him:camby:
I can go for that.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Fortunately we got those already. The next essays will be about how Batman goes from "Grr, I need to kill Superman! :fire:" to cracking jokes in the span of a ten minute scene.

I mean...there were multiple scenes of Alfred, who anyone who's ever seen a Batman movie or read a comic or least the wiki page knows acts as Bruce's true moral compass/conscience, telling him Superman was a good guy and that Batman was taking it way too far.

But I guess those scenes were just fluff and the writers didn't mean anything with it. Then there's Superman trying to reason with Bats at the start/during the fight. But again, guess that was all there as filler.

I like how people are mad at Batman for acting out of character at parts of the movie, but then also mad at him for acting IN character in this scene.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean...there were multiple scenes of Alfred, who anyone who's ever seen a Batman movie or read a comic or least the wiki page knows acts as Bruce's true moral compass/conscience, telling him Superman was a good guy and that Batman was taking it way too far.
Which Batman didn't listen to and didn't play a factor at all until MARTHA! :damn::

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Martha Wayne/Martha Kent was either over heads or over thought.:yehsrug:

It was a Big Deal but not so much of a Big Deal at the same time. I don't think Batman & Superman became 'Besties' like most people say. Lex was playing them both and when The Batman figured it out he knew that there was a small window to kil 2 Birds with 1 Stone with of course not knowing yet about Doomsday. Put all his personal shyt aside, save Martha Kent on Clark's behalf so Superman could go and bag Lex without him knowing of Martha's safety. Either way, Lex had an Ace in the hole which was Doomsday. Not going to Spoil it all but you all mainly know what happened so in the end Lex got what he wanted....for now at least. I don't believe Lex really wanted The Batman dead, I believe he was more concerened about the Death Of Superman since he was being looked at as a God. Classic Jealous Lex. The entire battle of Batman V Superman was very much too soon, I'll always agree on that with anybody that states it but I also at the same time didn't really want another Batman Movie before Flash, Wonder Woman or even before a 2nd Superman Movie. Mentions of him in Movies before a Batman V Superman would have been better I think. He's supposed to be a mysterious vigilante, a myth.

Ehh, Justice Leage is coming regardless and we have no true introduction to the Team like Marvel did with The Avengers. Recruiting in the actual movie could be tricky as hell, also looked at as tacky seeing as Marvel did in such a nice lineup. It'll definetly be interesting to see how DCEU makes it happen.:manny:

:guilty:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On another note,

from the comments section @ comicbookmovie.com( Top 10 Best Fight Scenes In Marvel And DC Superhero Movies ):

------------------------------------------------

AMrSundayGirl58

@slickrickdesigns - The Martha moment is the most misinterpreted scene in recent film history. Almost everyone thinks that "they became beasties because their mothers had the same first name. But that wasn't it at all. It was about last words. Thomas Wayne's last words were Martha and he was killed trying to protect his family. If Batman had killed Superman, his last words would have been Martha and he would have been killed trying to protect his family. Effectively making him the same as the man who killed his parents. That's why he stopped. Because he refused to kill an innocent man. The fight has so much more impact if you can recognize this. I recognize this, and so many more of the plot elements that are misinterpreted, and Batman v Superman is my favorite film of the year so far.

--------------------------------------------------

From the superherohype forums (Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 40 - Page 25 - The SuperHeroHype Forums)

Bruce_Begins
Side-Kick

Some people I've met don't think that Superman's death should have that great an effect on Batman, they say "it didn't feel earned", I think that's absurd reason, when the same people buy into logic that Coulson's death motivated Avengers to work together, even when Bruce Banner and Captain America had no earlier acquaintance with him.

Even Thor was not as close to him.

m1ll3r
Failed experiment

They're both cheap, to be honest. Killing a character off to provoke a change in a character's arc is a tried and tested plot device, but only succeeds when we've seen said characters forming a believable relationship with one another. Batman forms NO relationship with Superman, other than the "Martha' thing, before his death. I'm hoping that JL does not lean on this to provide any kind of backbone to Bruce's story, because it would feel very thin. With any luck, they'll sensibly drop the poorly set up motivations from BvS, and go from as clean a slate as possible.

BlueLanternKal
Side-Kick

Batman will be driven by his guilt for his hand in persecuting Superman.

Hate it or love it, the Martha scene served as an epiphianic revelation to Batman. He realized that he had become the villain of the story and in response throws the spear in disgust.

So Batman forming the JL out of guilt and taking on Superman's burden as protector of Earth isn't forced or contrivied. People just want it to be that way so they can hate on JL ahead of time.

Marvolo
Side-Kick

Batman and Superman fought side by side and Superman gave his life to save Batman, Wonder Woman, Gotham, and Metropolis. You'd be surprised how quickly a relationship can develop under those circumstances. It happens with soldiers in combat all the time.
good posts .
how is he useless??? If you don't like him it's no need to kill the guy , we can have more than one black hero breh . He's a long time Titan now a founding member of the JL and DC has been trying to push him . As long as guys like you hate on him for no reason Though how far can he get

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If only the bar was so low for Marvel that writers were able to create a caricature of a villain who constructed QuickTime videos of the intended future cast, shoehorn it into the climax of the film, and have it be lauded :wow:
Yeah if theirs one studio that knows how to create a villain, it's marvel :laff:

If only DC could replicate evil businessman #3 :wow:

If only dc could have their writers have characters hide shyt in vending machines in plain site :wow:

If only dc could have their climax end in a dance off and be lauded :wow:

Who needs costume design for aliens when you can throw paint on someone :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You mean just like thor fighting iron man then 10 minutes later they're working as a team :gladbron:

Or scarlet witch and quicksilver fighting the avengers to working with them :gladbron:

It's almost like you guys reserve complaints for dc films that you have no problems with in Disney films :gladbron: