Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
They really blew it this one, there was literally no character development. No back stories for Flash, aquaman, cyborg just meet up and join :mjlol:

Whats funny is a justice league with grant gaustin and steven amell with aquaman, superman, batman, wonderwoman would have prob hit a billy if they bridged those shows with the movie

what a astronomical FAILURE

Yeah it's difficult to put into words what a fail this shyt is. The 3 most iconic characters in comic history and this is the result? Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman making less than a talking racc00n and tree? fukkin pitiful.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The main problem with this film because the universe was rushed and they didn't take their time to build up any sort of adequate motivation of the main villain there's no sense of real danger it seems more like a formality of what things going to happen towards the end they're going to win Superman's going to come back from the dead whereas when you look at the Avengers there's a genuine sense of concern with Thanos where everybody has this WTF look on their face like oh my God. You know his motivation and everyone's come together and it feels natural.

It adds to a genuine sense of danger mortality and genuine concern from the hero's perspective as opposed to this flick where was just like by the numbers they're going to win and crack jokes in the middle of it. At no point did you give a fukk about or be scared of Steppenwolf.

Now picture if they did it the right way and built up this with the coming of Darkseid, everyone had solo pics and the Mother Boxes had been built up over the course of 4-5 flicks.

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Going to cross 640 million in worldwide box office this week. Think 650 was the break even number but I’m honestly surprised they got this close.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The main problem with this film because the universe was rushed and they didn't take their time to build up any sort of adequate motivation of the main villain there's no sense of real danger it seems more like a formality of what things going to happen towards the end they're going to win Superman's going to come back from the dead whereas when you look at the Avengers there's a genuine sense of concern with Thanos where everybody has this WTF look on their face like oh my God. You know his motivation and everyone's come together and it feels natural.

It adds to a genuine sense of danger mortality and genuine concern from the hero's perspective as opposed to this flick where was just like by the numbers they're going to win and crack jokes in the middle of it. At no point did you give a fukk about or be scared of Steppenwolf.

Now picture if they did it the right way and built up this with the coming of Darkseid, everyone had solo pics and the Mother Boxes had been built up over the course of 4-5 flicks.
It's kinda weird with the IW trailer reactions. When this happens:
tenor.gif

Niqqaz be on some straight:lupe::gladbron: :picard: and he's only said like 20 words and made 4 appearances over 17 movies. But the menace is so real for the audience. lol

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Compare this shyt

To the bullshyt we've been subjected to on-screen and tell me this is acceptable.

I was indifferent on the JL movie and BvS but this scene doesn't seem difficult to top AT ALL, in fact they may have already done it. Maybe because I got into manga over comics as a kid but damn the stories are so much better.

Honestly...what was really so great about this? Not relating to the JL movie at all mind you.

It was a fairly standard batman scene with a half assed superman fight thrown in. IDK if I can even properly criticize DC shyt because I was never moved by a lot of the flagship moments and arcs. The fights tend to be one sided beatdowns and a strong majority of them outright suck, the heroes are mary sues so overpowered that the only way to bring tension to a universe full of them is to pit them against multiverse/inverse versions of themselves, DC as a whole has shyt worldbuilding and character development. The JL cartoons were ass.

I feel like the hype exists solely because some folks grew up watching this stuff, period. And for that reason I feel like any modern day iteration of these stories will be felt as disappointing because DC is like Star Wars and Dragonball where their biggest virtue in the present day is nostalgia.

I felt this after watching the Flashpoint movie and realizing it really wasn't that good and was executed poorly in spite of flashpoint being a very interesting arc concept.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I was indifferent on the JL movie and BvS but this scene doesn't seem difficult to top AT ALL, in fact they may have already done it. Maybe because I got into manga over comics as a kid but damn the stories are so much better.

Honestly...what was really so great about this? Not relating to the JL movie at all mind you.

It was a fairly standard batman scene with a half assed superman fight thrown in. IDK if I can even properly criticize DC shyt because I was never moved by a lot of the flagship moments and arcs. The fights tend to be one sided beatdowns and a strong majority of them outright suck, the heroes are mary sues so overpowered that the only way to bring tension to a universe full of them is to pit them against multiverse/inverse versions of themselves, DC as a whole has shyt worldbuilding and character development. The JL cartoons were ass.

I feel like the hype exists solely because some folks grew up watching this stuff, period. And for that reason I feel like any modern day iteration of these stories will be felt as disappointing because DC is like Star Wars and Dragonball where their biggest virtue in the present day is nostalgia.

I felt this after watching the Flashpoint movie and realizing it really wasn't that good and was executed poorly in spite of flashpoint being a very interesting arc concept.

This scene and its tension alone to me and Batman's no fukks given shyts on BVS and JL.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
It's kinda weird with the IW trailer reactions. When this happens:
tenor.gif

Niqqaz be on some straight:lupe::gladbron: :picard: and he's only said like 20 words and made 4 appearances over 17 movies. But the menace is so real for the audience. lol

Unreal ain't it. I watched the IW trailer like:whoo: and the JL trailer like:huhldup:.

At this rate when Darkseid shows avid comic fans will be :shaq2: cause of these lame flicks and the causal fans will be:dahell: why they copying Thanos (despite Darkseid preceeding Thanos) all cause they fukked this up:francis:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This scene and its tension alone to me and Batman's no fukks given shyts on BVS and JL.

Where is the tension tho?

Batman bursts in the room and presses some gangsters for info (which is baddass yet standard batman shyt)

Superman interrupts him and batman judo throws him, supes retaliates with a shoulder check then bats pulls out some Kryptonite, throws it at him and disappears. That's literally all that happened lol.

It's not like there was some underlying narrative or sub plot there, just two heroes beefing upon their first meetup like what happens in most crossovers.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Batman bursts in the room and presses some gangsters for info (which is baddass yet standard batman shyt)

Superman interrupts him and batman judo throws him, supes retaliates with a shoulder check then bats pulls out some Kryptonite, throws it at him and disappears. That's literally all that happened lol.

It's not like there was some underlying narrative or sub plot there, just two heroes beefing upon their first meetup like what happens in most crossovers.

I'll take this over the "Martha" shyt all day.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

Of course there is, neither one of them have ever been checked like this before.

The question that's being raised in everyone's mind is who's going to flinch first.