Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Movie def should’ve did more #s than it did.. that’s an L

Think of how many ppl still alive have been waiting for a JL live action film their whole lives

Marvel executed it better.. there was more hype for a movie with Iron Man, Thor and Cap than Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.... imagine that

After th Avengers success everyone was waiting for DC to duplicate it the right way

This is DC’s fault for rushing shyt tho.... the JL movie had no Superman in commercials for obvious reasons but still — no Superman, featured no Green Lantern and had a villain the general public never heard of on top of subpar reviews and coming off 2 not too well received predecessors not including WW

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i'm one of them

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The ‘Justice League’ That Might Have Been: We’ve Seen the Script

“Justice League” could have turned out very differently: In a 2011 draft of the film obtained by TheWrap, Batman and Wonder Woman have a son, Aquaman is nowhere in sight, Darkseid enslaves Superman, and Hawkman and Green Lantern team up in space.

The script, by “Gangster Squad” screenwriter Will Beall, nails the art of fan service. After a quick introduction on Darkseid’s hellish planet, Apokolips, we’re plunged into a stunning set piece between Batman, Superman, KGBeast, Killer Croc and Lex Luthor that includes a shark tank shattering on the upper floors of Lexcorp Tower in Metropolis. And it just gets more packed with heroes and villains from there.

Many fans have expressed disappointed in the version of “Justice League” that Joss Whedon had to rush into theaters last month after original director Zack Snyder had to bow out amidst family tragedy. (Here is the inside account of how it happened.)

Beall’s draft predated the current DC cinematic universe, which began with 2013’s “Man of Steel.” In fact, Beall wrote it a year before Christopher Nolan completed his Batman trilogy with “The Dark Knight Rises,” and before Disney’s Marvel released “The Avengers.” Its many Easter eggs, and world-spanning scope, feel in line with both “The Avengers” and Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

Here are a few highlights from the script:

Though Steppenwolf is the lead villain in this year’s “Justice League,” Beall’s draft would have made his boss, Darkseid, the master of evil. That opening shark-tank battle ends with Desaad, one of Darkseid’s minions, killing Killer Croc and stealing Kryptonite that Luthor has just tried to buy from KGBeast, aka Anatoli Knyazev. At one point, Croc bites a shark.

While 2016’s “Batman v Superman” would pit the heroes against each other, the 2011 script imagined them as allies who know each others’ identities and have coffee at Metropolis Diner, where they chat about other DC superheroes like Diana (Wonder Woman), Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Aquaman. They soon travel to Central City to recruit Barry Allen, aka The Flash.

Amanda Waller and King Faraday run the Department of Metahuman Affairs and seize Killer Croc’s body. We also meet Abel Terrant (Tattooed Man), Copperhead, Barbara Minerva (Cheetah) and Solomon Grundy. Waller and Croc eventually met in 2016’s “Suicide Squad.”

In deep space, Green Lantern John Stewart and Thanagarian Katar Hol, aka Hawkman, engage in a cool action sequence inside a space-station nightclub as they try to stop Kanjar Ro from helping Dessad weaponize the Kryptonite. The first act ends with Superman kidnapped by Steppenwolf and the Parademons and taken back to Apokolips.

By the start of the second act, Batman goes to Themyscira to recruit Diana, with whom he has a romantic history.

Barry Allen, Green Lantern John Stewart and Diana have a meeting with Wayne inside the Batcave, which has several generations of Batmobiles and Batsuits, as well as Mr. Freeze’s Cyro-Gun, the Scarecrow’s Mask, and The Penguin’s Umbrella.

John Stewart returns to OA (Green Lantern headquarters) and finds the dead bodies of his fellow Lanterns: Katma Tui, Kilowag, Guy Gardner, Salakk, and Tomar-Re. The entire Lantern Corps has been massacred by Darkseid.

With the Lantern Corps out of the way, Darkseid invades earth at the midpoint of the script — with help from a brainwashed Superman. As he does in Frank Miller’s “The Dark Knight Returns” and “Batman v Superman,” Wayne dons special armor to fight the Man of Steel. Diana manages to release Superman from Dessad’s mind control and Superman rejoins the League in the fight against Darkseid.

Superman goes through a Boom Tube and travels eleven years into the future to find that Darkseid has wiped out 80 percent of the Earth’s population. Diana leads the last of the human resistance with an aged and grey-haired Bruce Wayne as her second-in-command. They have a son named Clark Wayne, and one surprising member of the resistance is Lex Luthor.

The Future Batman leads a dozen fighters known as Batman’s Berzerkers. They include Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) George Harkness (Captain Boomerang), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) and Barbera Minerva (Cheetah). Comics fans might also recognize this team as the members of Suicide Squad — though not exactly the Suicide Squad of last year’s film. The last of the resistance is headquartered inside Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.

Future Lex Luthor figures out a way to send Barry Allen back eleven years in time, partly using Darkseid’s Boom Tube. Future Flash goes back in time to before Darkseid’s invasion, and dies in younger self’s arms — after warning of the terrible future.

Diana, Bruce, Barry and Green Lantern travel to Apokolips and rescue Superman before Desaad can take over his mind, and the reunited Justice League battle Darkseid and his forces on Apokolips to stop the invasion of Earth. The entire Lantern Corps, along with the Amazons from Themyscira, join in the battle.

The script ends with Mercy Graves planning a presidential campaign for Lex Luthor and Luthor receiving a message from Future Luthor telling him of Superman’s secret identity: Clark Kent.

Warners has been accused of reacting to Marvel in the past, but had Beall’s script gone forward, Darkseid would have made his theatrical debut before Marvel’s somewhat similar Thanos, the villain of next year’s “Avengers: Infinity War.”

Beall’s script earned him a two-picture deal, and Variety reported that Ben Affleck considered directing it even before he signed on to play Batman for Zack Snyder.

In 2013, Bad Ass Digest cited sources who called the script “terrible,” an assessment with which we disagree. Nevertheless, Warner Bros. preferred Zack and Deborah Snyder’s version of the DC Universe, which led to the Justice League we have today.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Saw this tonight and thought it was cool I'll expound tomorrow when I can keep my eyes open.
Aight so the movie wasn't some atrocity people claim it is...I thought a pretty good job was done of incorporating each hero into the fray, nobody outshines the rest or was deemed more important. Flash was goofy but the comic relief had to come from somewhere and the King of Atlantis and Princess of Amazon aren't comedic figures. I know a lot of people don't like Batman's lack of detective work but I think that's more for his own villains who operate like humans, not otherworldly beings with harbingers and omens foretelling his invasion.

I was surprised at how early in the movie Superman was revived, I figured his "death" would a coma/deep sleep healing himself and the energy of the Motherboxes and Steppenwolf would wake him up as the Hail Mary. His revival fight with the rest of the team > the fight with Steppenwolf once he showed up. I guess he was marginalized so that he wasn't crushing an Amazonian and Atlantean royalty but to be a relative of Darkseid he presented no challenge to Superman at all.

Also Steppenwolf should've been killed indefinitely, with the way he just teleported away against his will there's no reason for Darkseid to invade Earth. Despite being exiled there could've been dishonor in a band of Earthlings and a Kyrptonian killing his uncle.

I think if DC allows the directors they pick to do them instead of changing direction 60% through production the movies would be better received and perform better. I don't think they need to reboot, people forget Marvel didn't start off A1.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
nikkas still reppin Snyder set n blaming this only on wb and not both :deadme:

giphy.gif

Daps
my man steve rogers having anxiety attacks like he a real life world war 2 vet ... :lupe:

How Captain America’s Chris Evans Finally Got Tired of Being Famous

February 2010
After the long casting search for an actor to play the title role in Captain America comes to naught (actors like John Krasinski, Ryan Phillippe, and Sebastian Stan were among the contenders), Marvel executives consider Chris Evans. They'd previously dismissed the actor since he'd already starred as a superhero in two Fantastic Four movies, but they approach him anyway ... and he turns down the role. The initial sticking point is Marvel's demand that any actor who films a test audition for the company must sign a contract committing to nine films. "In a few years, what if I don’t want to act anymore?" Evans recalled of that stipulation. "What if I just want to — I don’t know — do something else?" He later told Variety that he worried "if these movies take off and do very well, and my life changes and I don’t respond well, I don’t have the opportunity to say, listen, I need a fukking break. That just scared me."

March 2010
Marvel execs amend their approach, offering Evans a six-film contract instead. They also deputize team player Robert Downey Jr. to woo Evans into the fold. "I remember getting on the phone with him and strongly suggesting that he not shrink away from the offer,” Downey revealed. "I said, 'Look man, you might not like the fact that you’ve played one of these guys before, but you know, the thing is this can afford you all sorts of other freedoms.'" Finally, Evans accepts the role ... and promptly enters "panic mode," enrolling in therapy.

a_560x375.jpg

Summer 2010
Evans films Captain America. He would later say that his favorite day of shooting was the day they wrapped. "With Captain America," he told Moviefone, "you might have three lines of dialogue the whole day. And there are just a million angles and a million set-ups and it's tedious."

July 2011
Captain America is released, taking in a stellar $176 million domestically. Evans embarks on his biggest media tour yet to promote the film, one that includes his famous GQ interview with Edith Zimmerman. "I struggle with anxiety sometimes, especially when promoting films like this," he tells ShortList. "Just the life of doing what I do, being in the public eye, it’s a stressful environment ... You feel strange, self-aware, very foolish. Your third eye clicks on, just to try to maintain a healthy sense of perspective, and you think, 'What am I doing here? I’m just making a movie, and people want all these things from me.'"

Evans tells the Times that he doesn't desire the fame that Captain America will no doubt bring him. "The question is: What’s the endgame?" he muses. "What’s the goal? If the goal is to be a giant movie star, then yeah, this is a great way to achieve that. That’s not necessarily what I’m trying to achieve."

September 2011
Evans happily promotes the indie Puncture, where he plays a drugged-up lawyer. It makes a meager $68,945 at the box office. "No one sees my good little movies, man," Evans laments.

April 2012
You've got to give the people what they want: After Captain America made Chris Evans's buff body its main selling point, Evans must revoke his shirtless ban, posing unclothed for a sexy Gucci campaign and Details.

May 2012
The Avengers is released. It is huge. Evans seems more morose than ever. "I’ve made about 20 movies," he says, "and I’m probably proud of three."

November 2013
Perhaps the public can sense that Evans feels ambivalent about fame: As noted in a Vulture article, the nationwide surveying company E-Score finds that Evans has a lower "awareness score" than any of his Avengers co-stars, save Jeremy Renner. Even Chris Hemsworth is more famous. And that's fine by Evans. "Fame is a funny thing," he later tells Variety. "I like doing normal things. I like going to fairs, I like going to ball games, I like going to Disney World, or a big field on the Fourth of July and having picnics with friends. The problem is, you’re either worried you’re going to be recognized or you’re thankful you’re not. It’s always there. I miss that not being in my head."

December 2013
Evans finally gets to direct his first movie, the romantic indie 1:30 Train, where he stars alongside Alice Eve.

March 4, 2014
Evans begins to hint at a hiatus from performing. '"I think when I'm done with this Marvel contract, I'll take a little break from acting," he says.

March 25, 2014
Suddenly, that little break has turned into permanent retirement. "If I’m acting at all, it’s going to be under Marvel contract, or I’m going to be directing," Evans says. "I can’t see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I’m contractually obligated to do." How long will he remain under contract? "[Avengers: Age of Ultron] will shoot till August. I wouldn’t be surprised if for all of 2015, we didn’t do a movie. I bet by 2017, I’ll be done," he tells Variety, before grunting, "That sounds so far away."

him and iron man have given the best performances... gonna be weird if he gets thrown to the bushes ..

I didn't know anything about this

In the context of Affleck not wanting to be Batman anymore and how it affects the DCEU, this is interesting

Also makes me think that IF might really be Evans last movie