Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Harley Quinn is getting another movie..So Suicide 2, Joker and Harley, Gotham Sirens, and now this one..makes sense because her and Wonder Woman are the key to saving the DC movie verse.

I think people will see Rock's Black Adam too.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
As someone that is a little bit burned out on comic book flicks, I was interested to see the take on how the studios are handling and have handled the DC and Marvel universe, and what might be going on now and in the near future.

There are tons of good channels on youtube for this sort of stuff. Look up Campea, Collider Movie Talk, Schmoes Know, Variant Comics, Emergency Awesome, Comics Explained, Chris Stuckman, Screen Junkies.

So you're saying that Marvel started off really slow and then built their way into being the machine they are now?

Yes. They had a few initial quality and thematic issues - see Hulk. They also remodelled their original long-term strategy after the initial films There were major changes to Thanos, the Gauntlet, The Gems etc

Do you think that DC tried to rush it, since they didn't start their cinematic universe as early, and wanted to catch up?

Yes. DC were in a difficult situation. Maybe it wasn't possible (economically viable) to have two slow burn Cinematic Universes running at the same time. I'm not sure why they did it. Zack Snyder is a good visual auteur but is not a crafter of good stories.

Just curious, what do you see as the future of the Marcel and DC flicks?

Follow the channels I listed above. Feige has said that Phase 4 will be different. I am guessing that phase 4 will take place an alternate Thanos influenced timeline. As for DC, I think they will have to tone down on the connected universe element of their films. DC needs to get a Feige type character in and fast and Kevin is not it.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Harley Quinn is getting another movie..So Suicide 2, Joker and Harley, Gotham Sirens, and now this one..makes sense because her and Wonder Woman are the key to saving the DC movie verse.

The tide will turn on that character quickly. she was annoying as fukk, but since the rest of the movie was diarrhea and she's hot as hell people forgave it. I realize it was a strong interpretation of that character, but that doesn't make her any less annoying... also not formidable at all. I'm supposed to believe Barbie can beat people up with just a bat b/c she has crazy makeup?

But yeah, greenlight 4 movies with her. They're friggin clueless. Why the hell would you even mention a Harley Quinn movie now? Let the other ones come out first.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The tide will turn on that character quickly. she was annoying as fukk, but since the rest of the movie was diarrhea and she's hot as hell people forgave it. I realize it was a strong interpretation of that character, but that doesn't make her any less annoying... also not formidable at all. I'm supposed to believe Barbie can beat people up with just a bat b/c she has crazy makeup?

But yeah, greenlight 4 movies with her. They're friggin clueless. Why the hell would you even mention a Harley Quinn movie now? Let the other ones come out first.
Suicide Squad was so bad
The main villain was like who and what?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
DELETED: After taking the Mother Box from Themiscyra, Steppenwolf actually “talks” to the Box. His mother, Heggra’s essence is alive in the Mother Boxes and bringing them all together would unleash her powers – finally giving Steppenwolf an edge over his uncle – Darkseid. That is what his plan was originally. I thought for sure that they would keep this scene in because they used a dialogue from this scene in the trailers – “No protectors here. No Lanterns. This world will fall. You will be free, mother.”

Wb thought that this wasnt needed:grumpydog:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I highly doubt this.

Bookmarked. Wanna put some bitcoin on it?

EDIT: Most Avengers will die.. (But most will return).

Thanos removed 50% of the Universe in the comics and they will do something with similar dramatic impact in Avengers. Ruffalo joked that 'everyone dies'.

They need to drag Captain Marvel into this somehow and to explain why we haven't seen her OR the Skrulls. 'Out in Space' is nothing new. The Guardians will be arriving from Space afterall. Out in 'Space Time' is something new.

Thanos will get the Reality and the Time gems. No way he is not going to use them.

They want to do something different in Phase 4. A totally different backdrop is different. That would give an easy excuse for why certain characters are no longer there but would allow for them to return later (more Box Office). Cap and IM could vanish with no need for a resolution like killing them or having them ride off into the sunset.

That would allow for Thor to get his eye back and for Asgard to be re-imagined. They could also roll back others things, change actors, start new narratives.

Thanos could (and will) return later - More Box Office.

Feige talks about this being a conclusion and a new Marvel Universe. This is how you achieve an in-story new world.

Kevin Feige Says the Post-‘Avengers 4’ MCU May Be a “New Thing”, Not “Phase 4″
Kevin Feige Says the Post-‘Avengers 4’ MCU May Be a “New Thing”, Not “Phase 4"

Thanos will make this happen.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Really? Like what?

It was a long time ago. It was either a dubious or patronising comment about race or hackneyed phrases about diversity.

Listen to ten of his podcasts and you will see the pattern.

Same with Grace. I remember her comments were about Star Wars TFA and I think Avengers casting.

This sort of stuff..

Sorry but I don't have time to go through videos from years ago BUT like i said just listen to them (esp. him) and their attitude towards this sort of stuff is clear.

NB. I should add that Hollywood has a long history of pandering to non-Jewish gringos. Balancing the scales should be viewed in light of this current skew. In addition, for whatever reason, in USA public discourse it is often viewed as normal to patronise and talk down to Blacks. If when talking about this type of skew in movie casting you do NOT acknowledge the guilty, the unfair beneficiaries and or the absurdity of the current situation (either directly or via turn of phrase) then I will not support you. As Tim Wise once said "Sh*t doesn't just happen. Stuff gets done to people, by People"

I will probably start looking anyway but I cannot promise anything.. Got work to do and this isn't THAT important. Maybe I will leave it running in the background.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

I think she carried the movie..the new Joker was off though.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
There are tons of good channels on youtube for this sort of stuff. Look up Campea, Collider Movie Talk, Schmoes Know, Variant Comics, Emergency Awesome, Comics Explained, Chris Stuckman, Screen Junkies.

Yes. They had a few initial quality and thematic issues - see Hulk. They also remodelled their original long-term strategy after the initial films There were major changes to Thanos, the Gauntlet, The Gems etc

Yes. DC were in a difficult situation. Maybe it wasn't possible (economically viable) to have two slow burn Cinematic Universes running at the same time. I'm not sure why they did it. Zack Snyder is a good visual auteur but is not a crafter of good stories.

Follow the channels I listed above. Feige has said that Phase 4 will be different. I am guessing that phase 4 will take place an alternate Thanos influenced timeline. As for DC, I think they will have to tone down on the connected universe element of their films. DC needs to get a Feige type character in and fast and Kevin is not it.
It's telling me to slow down on the reps, but I got you soon.

Thanks!

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

Campea was heated about the Harley Quinn accouncement

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Bookmarked. Wanna put some bitcoin on it?

EDIT: Most Avengers will die.. (But most will return).

Thanos removed 50% of the Universe in the comics and they will do something with similar dramatic impact in Avengers. Ruffalo joked that 'everyone dies'.

They need to drag Captain Marvel into this somehow and to explain why we haven't seen her OR the Skrulls. 'Out in Space' is nothing new. The Guardians will be arriving from Space afterall. Out in 'Space Time' is something new.

Thanos will get the Reality and the Time gems. No way he is not going to use them.

They want to do something different in Phase 4. A totally different backdrop is different. That would give an easy excuse for why certain characters are no longer there but would allow for them to return later (more Box Office). Cap and IM could vanish with no need for a resolution like killing them or having them ride off into the sunset.

That would allow for Thor to get his eye back and for Asgard to be re-imagined. They could also roll back others things, change actors, start new narratives.

Thanos could (and will) return later - More Box Office.

Feige talks about this being a conclusion and a new Marvel Universe. This is how you achieve an in-story new world.

Kevin Feige Says the Post-‘Avengers 4’ MCU May Be a “New Thing”, Not “Phase 4″
Kevin Feige Says the Post-‘Avengers 4’ MCU May Be a “New Thing”, Not “Phase 4"

Thanos will make this happen.
I doubt it. I know you think it could happen but in reality it's just bad writing. Sounds like something DC would do though