Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Cliffnotes on what he said? My only guess its a flop if you're competing with Marvel's movies this year or the rest of their own porfolio sure but Im going by the basic idea of making a profit

After I saw the 96 million debut in the US, I didnt think it would make 500 mil in 2 weeks yet thats why Im sort of looking at how it plays out after its first month.

This is the cliff notes of the other vid:russ:

And we have to be accurate... it wasnt $96M debut in the US... it was $93,842,239. Rounding it off to $94M is being overly generous. Anything above $94 is now trying to stretch the truth

At 2 weeks, every other comic book movie except maybe Logan was atleast as $650M or significantly more worldwide.

Inside of its "first month" Star Wars is about to drop in a few weeks and with Coco killing it now for the kids and then small little other movies that cats like you and me age range would see in The Disaster Artist about to drop, probably some dumb chick flick shyt for the ladies. The loss of even a few of those groups will hurt this badly in the next few days

Martha

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
This makes sense

Gonna be interesting to see what the next 2 weeks gonna be like then

No chance that it makes 1B.

The real problem is when the WB studio execs see the money being made at Marvel , for almost every single movie. Heads will roll (as they already have), strategy will change (which leads to mixed messages and uneven films) and the universe gets established on a weak footing which affects all films going forwards.

Marvel took their time making films like the first Cap. Some saw it as boring at the time (I didn't) but it built a character foundation that has led to the potentially boring 2-dimensional Cap being one of the audience faves and being a core part to the emotional story arc running through the entire MCU. When cap says in CW ' I can do this all day' or when Cap puts it on the line for Bucky or visits his GILF we understand and are invested in it because of all the previous setup. The scene in CW where Tony gave Cap the WWII pens to sign the accords again is part of the thread weaving detail that Marvel has excelled at.

Marvel knew that contracts would soon be an issue and actors are ageing anyway so they started planning for Phase 4 ages ago and started broadening the MCU story palette since Ant Man.

They also have great creative talents like Gunn (GOTG), Russo's (A, CA), Waititi (THOR?) and Favreau (IM if they need him) who Marvel can trust.
The fact that there are two Russo's makes it even better as they are less likely to become stale or suffer Whedon-esque burnout.

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
My brother @lutha it’s not that simple or cut and dry.

Discuss

Martha

Na I get you and I’m not surprised you didn’t for the long one. I guess I can cuz I’m at work, I listen to radio, podcast or etc all day in piece in my office.

But when you get a chance I think they are great vids to listen to. One guy is CLEARLY a DC fan (he mentioned several times he saw JL 6 Times) but he speaking some hard truths.

This was equivalent to a lot of the conversation going on in here that you may have just caught up with.

Like buddy said at this point it really has less to do with Marvel and probably more to do with good will being loss due to fans tired of something that’s not up to par

Martha

Depends on if you think some of the movies this year were/are considered flops. Cuz that’s where a lot of that “flop talk” is coming from as least here.

If peeps was calling some of those movies flops and this is tracking or doing significantly worse...... then how is this not a flop?:ohhh:

Martha
:russ: I know it may be a lot to ask..... but when you have a moment .... watch the YouTube videos I posted.

Really the longer one...... buddy who is a DC Stan goes into great nonbias objective detail explaining why it’s a flop

I mean he pretty much answered all the marks......

2 weeks isn’t enough and in those 2 weeks every comic book movie (which was supposed to be inferior) released this year and possible the last 2 or 3 years did significantly better

Martha

So respectfully beloveds.... and on some :ld: shyt

or

I think we're done here:patrice:

I think we've problem reached the limits of whatever needed to be achieved here and theres no reason to keep this stickied.

Shout out to stans on both side, Clark Kents and true casuals... but the time has come:upsetfavre:

Agents of Shield starts tomorrow, it can possibly use the sticky spot that this thread is taking up:hubie:

Upward and onward to 2018 and Aquaman..... see you December 21st DC brehs:frank2:

Martha

:russ:

You aint watch the vid.... he's someone (unlike guys like you and I who have real jobs and doesnt keep too much up to date with the ins and outs of this) who's knee deep in DC Stan hood..... he's knows his shyt like a geek knows science and math. :lolbron:

He explained it clearly. I know I'm asking a lot... I get it but you just have to listen to the podcast, if you have a computer job... just listen to it at your desk. If you're driving to work and its atleast a 15-20 drive... just listen to it on your transport

He not trynna shyt on DC, but he just spitting truth still wearing the DC shield:hubie:

Hell if the question is still "why is this considered a flop?"

The second vid in less than 10 mins clearly and cleanly explains why analyst think its a flop. Not sure if you're youre just trying to get the "coli response" or not but buddy explains it in vid 2

Martha

This is the cliff notes of the other vid:russ:

And we have to be accurate... it wasnt $96M debut in the US... it was $93,842,239. Rounding it off to $94M is being overly generous. Anything above $94 is now trying to stretch the truth

At 2 weeks, every other comic book movie except maybe Logan was atleast as $650M or significantly more worldwide.

Inside of its "first month" Star Wars is about to drop in a few weeks and with Coco killing it now for the kids and then small little other movies that cats like you and me age range would see in The Disaster Artist about to drop, probably some dumb chick flick shyt for the ladies. The loss of even a few of those groups will hurt this badly in the next few days

Martha

You need to get a life

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You need to get a life

Na.... I need to get a break man.... a job with long hours (cuz I'm a salary employee and not hourly) and the only one in my company or department that do what I do.

Mentoring kids black kids to get into technology jobs like the industry I'm in (talks and setting up tours to come to my job and such), coaching basketball, family life, day to day shyt with my house, and etc.

Na brother, I need a fukking vacation.:dwillhuh:

Whats good with you my G?:dame:

Martha

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Na.... I need to get a break man.... a job with long hours (cuz I'm a salary employee and not hourly) and the only one in my company or department that do what I do.

Mentoring kids black kids to get into technology jobs like the industry I'm in (talks and setting up tours to come to my job and such), coaching basketball, family life, day to day shyt with my house, and etc.

Na brother, I need a fukking vacation.:dwillhuh:

Whats good with you my G?:dame:

Martha

You talk too much

Daps
Reppin
What the fukk was the point of this movie ??

What was the plot??

What was the theme ?

Brehs I was literally :mindblown: cause I had absolutely 0 idea what was going on.

Wonder woman was the only character that stood out and watching her fighting scenes were the best thing going for this movie.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The real problem is when the WB studio execs see the money being made at Marvel , for almost every single movie. Heads will roll (as they already have), strategy will change (which leads to mixed messages and uneven films) and the universe gets established on a weak footing which affects all films going forwards.

Marvel took their time making films like the first Cap. Some saw it as boring at the time (I didn't) but it built a character foundation that has led to the potentially boring 2-dimensional Cap being one of the audience faves and being a core part to the emotional story arc running through the entire MCU. When cap says in CW ' I can do this all day' or when Cap puts it on the line for Bucky or visits his GILF we understand and are invested in it because of all the previous setup. The scene in CW where Tony gave Cap the WWII pens to sign the accords again is part of the thread weaving detail that Marvel has excelled at.

Marvel knew that contracts would soon be an issue and actors are ageing anyway so they started planning for Phase 4 ages ago and started broadening the MCU story palette since Ant Man.

They also have great creative talents like Gunn (GOTG), Russo's (A, CA), Waititi (THOR?) and Favreau (IM if they need him) who Marvel can trust.
The fact that there are two Russo's makes it even better as they are less likely to become stale or suffer Whedon-esque burnout.
As someone that is a little bit burned out on comic book flicks, I was interested to see the take on how the studios are handling and have handled the DC and Marvel universe, and what might be going on now and in the near future.

Thanks for this breakdown.

So you're saying that Marvel started off really slow and then built their way into being the machine they are now?

Do you think that DC tried to rush it, since they didn't start their cinematic universe as early, and wanted to catch up?

Just curious, what do you see as the future of the Marcel and DC flicks?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
As someone that is a little bit burned out on comic book flicks, I was interested to see the take on how the studios are handling and have handled the DC and Marvel universe, and what might be going on now and in the near future.

Thanks for this breakdown.

So you're saying that Marvel started off really slow and then built their way into being the machine they are now?

Do you think that DC tried to rush it, since they didn't start their cinematic universe as early, and wanted to catch up?

Just curious, what do you see as the future of the Marcel and DC flicks?

Its not about when DC started/starts their universe its how... Marvel started in 08 with Iron Man and made separate movies... they put in Easter eggs in that If the idea work could be used as linkers between the films thus making a connected universe... which ALL came to a head 4 years and 8 films later...

DC went from its separate to I want a universe overnight and in 1 film basically.... MOS2 became BvS because MOS didn't perform as well and they wanted to use the billion dollar Batman to bring Supes some money...

The how here is Marvel was strategic and DC was basically panic