Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I wonder how this will effect Aquaman. He wasn’t exactly a standout in the movie and his film comes out a week after the animated Spider-Man movie if that’s still happening and the same week as the Bumblebee movie.

Then the week after is the Mary Poppins movie.

Seems like WB might not be able to catch a break anytime soon.
am I to believe that Aquaman didn't even have many, if any, big ocean setpieces in this movie? Always been my most anticipated DC movie for that reason alone, I'm dying to see a big budget movie set in the oceans, but did they not even give some appetizers for that in JL? I remember one shot in the early trailer of him stopping a wave or something, but since then, it's just been him on land.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I wonder how this will effect Aquaman. He wasn’t exactly a standout in the movie and his film comes out a week after the animated Spider-Man movie if that’s still happening and the same week as the Bumblebee movie.

Then the week after is the Mary Poppins movie.

Seems like WB might not be able to catch a break anytime soon.
Bumblebees and Mary Poppins :russ:

Foh.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
am I to believe that Aquaman didn't even have many, if any, big ocean setpieces in this movie? Always been my most anticipated DC movie for that reason alone, I'm dying to see a big budget movie set in the oceans, but did they not even give some appetizers for that in JL? I remember one shot in the early trailer of him stopping a wave or something, but since then, it's just been him on land.
There is the scene you see in the trailer with him fighting Steppenwolf but it’s not that much to it. Mera using magic was cool.

The underwater scene doesn’t last long like say the scene with Steppenwolf attacking the Amazons.

Then the scene with him stopping the wave but that’s on land as well.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Bumblebees and Mary Poppins :russ:

Foh.

why you acting like Transformer movies and Disney revivals don't make huge money at the box office? both of those movies will outgross Aquaman worldwide regardless of the product.
Word fam, I’m looking at that post like:dahell:.

Bumblebee isn’t being directed by Michael bay and is set in the 80’s with a brand new cast so it will have that nostalgia factor going for it.

And I don’t see how people can doubt Disney with these classic revivals. All these things have been making bank.

Edit: not to mention that Mary Poppins comes out Christmas Day.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I think the Box Office returns is just fatigue to be honest, Thor just came out and now studios want to hit up the audience pockets again for JL, and then Star Wars: Last Jedi a month after? Between overall disinterest with a the umpteenth sequel from both franchises, spacing between films, and approaching holidays, the outcome is not too surprising.

Golden Child

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I loved it :ohlawd:

But I kept thinking their was gonna be some type of plot twist with the family that was hiding in their house. At first I was thinking the mother box was buried under it.
Then I was like maybe they have something that could kill Steppenwolf :ohhh:

After the movie ended I was like WTF was the point of focusing on them :mindblown:

Not better than Thor, but it was dope:win:

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Dope flick, batman is my goat, but Wonder Woman the most thorough through this franchise and I love it. I actually really like cyborg my nikka was essential for the plot. Glad they gave aquaman some clout, I hate batman looking like the weak link but I know what it is. Like how they hinted at the next people to join.
my girl an aquaman fan all of a sudden :skip:
:leostare:

Quick question tho? I got the gls were in the flashback scene who was the Thor ass nikka with them tho? That nikka was grimey

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think the Box Office returns is just fatigue to be honest, Thor just came out and now studios want to hit up the audience pockets again for JL, and then Star Wars: Last Jedi a month after? Between overall disinterest with a the umpteenth sequel from both franchises, spacing between films, and approaching holidays, the outcome is not too surprising.

Exactly, Comic Book fatigue is real. I mean we had Logan, Guardians, Spidey, Thor and now JL. 5 Huge Comic Book movies with 6 months but I don't want to spin it. Under 100 was disappointing but there were so many factors why this happen. People want to automatically say it's because it was a bad film but WOM really doesn't take hold until the 2nd week. I was for sure it could do 120 or even 130. "Suicide Squad" did 130 and WW did 103. But like I said in my review, Thor split the audience and nobody thought this small film "Wonder" would be pulling near 30 Million at the Box Office. "Thor" has the exact audience a JL and it was only in it's 3rd week so it clearly took audiences away. It's easy to say these are not good numbers. It's harder to look at the full picture and see there was just too much competition for it to match Thor's 120. Also JL's was a harder film to do because there was no Solo movies for 3 of the Characters so the audiences had to learn about their past all from this movie. That's what I give Zack the most props for. The fact he combined 4 different Superhero Worlds and it meshed together so well. Also Thanksgiving is in a few days. People money is tied up clearly but a lower opening could help it's legs in the long run. JL only has 1 month to make money before Episode 8 murders everyone. Again I'm disappointed that it missed 100 Million because DCEU is the 1st Franchise to have the 1st 4 Films open above 100 Million, this would of been the 5th.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Thor split the audience"?

How in the hell did Thor Split the audience? Sure there are some people that don't care for the humor in the film, but those folks make up a small minority of filmgoers as evidenced by how well Thor is still doing.

If anything hurt Justice League it was the previous DCEU films having actual split audience receptions. People are just wary of DCEU movies. Wonder Woman was given more of a chance because it was Wonder Woman and people needed that movie to be good and to see that Icon handled properly. Justice League reminded people too much of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad and that scared some people off.

As far as word of mouth I think it'll be good for Justice League, just not good enough to make up for the bad opening.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Are DC planning to do a Cyborg movie or is he not established enough in DC Universe to warrant a stand-alone film?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I went in with low expectations and I leaned over to my girl and told her: Bad idea.

and she leaned back over and said yeah, shoulda went to see thor :SpideyWow:
:dead:

:francis:this how i felt

Superman is a catch-22. Had it not went down how it did, people would Supes was being nerfed again like they say about Thor and Hulk. It seems the majority of responses here were glad to see him damn near unleashed and I was too.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Comic book fatigue?

Really??

Let me ask this.

Honestly....

How many comedy, thriller, drama, action adventure, shooter, horror or etc movies do we have a year?

And how is it never a fatigue for them but there’s always talk of fatigue with comic book movies?

Martha