Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:camby:the comics continually and successfully update these characters. Cap used to punch Nazi ffs and run around warzones with a shield and a ten year old. Thor gay ass would ride an 8 legged unicorn on a damn rainbow bridge. There's no excuse.

I know that, but dc and WB still cling to the campy versions.
All WB wants to do is return supes and batman to the Adam west and reeves gateway campy versions.
I hate it but it just is.
They truely believe the Adam west and reeves senior is the sweet spot of these characters and any dark relaunch is to return them to the campy versions. They did the same last year I believe...as immediately as dark knight was relaunched for batman. As soon as they could they put batman back in the Adam west campy cartoon. That should never have been made.

So, regardless of what we say as fans. Superman and batman to the WB bras will always only be a gateway campy property lead by the Adam west direction.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:dahell:

nikka shut up.

What im saying is that the "im going to conquer the world because im a bad guy" formula is overdone. I wish that the reasoning and motivation was a bit more complex. Thats all.

Looks like they cut an entire sibling rivalry out of the motivation of Steppenwolf vs darkseid and their mother.

Which sounds like a godfather what if Vito lived and Michael was in Contention type deal that could have been good if worked right. Yet, knowing the WB if they did not cut this out. They would have made Steppenwolf a whiney momma's boy.
who is the victim of a mother and younger brother with middle child syndrome. Where the oldest would look to weak and make matters worse as far as villain convincability.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They made more room for the breh Cyborg :myman:

They did not even give us a cyborg origin story like this whole movie was supposed to do.

Not to mention, they acted completely unaware that cyborg is one of the biggest cartoon characters with kids of this Gen from teen titans go.
So, somewhere in the whole synder issues is a racial issue as well. As we see a black character is alright to be a lead on an animated film and tv show. Yet will never be the lead for real for real in a WB comic book film for the theatre tho.
As real talk,...
The jl relaunch was pretty much about logging in the newer younger titan characters like cyborg into the core members of the group.
Seems all that was forgotten about in this film launch.

Art Barr

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
4cb311d72204a1576c97accdae8d0f4870-justice-league-poster.jpg

GRADE B + (4/5 STARS)

I was pleased, very please. It was EXACTLY like Super Friends growing up. The movie worked because the Chemistry with the team was flawless. Ben did a great job man. He really is a seasoned Batman. He showed Bruce's vulnerabilities very well. Gal is Wonder Woman. She really has already grown into this role. Sorry but the Cyborg hate was unwarranted. I though Ray Fisher did really good in the role. Yes Erza stole the movie with his personality. They better fast track a Solo Flash Movie. Kid was good. I was unsure if I would like this Auqaman but I did, something about his rough and tough act that really worked. As for Supes, I loved his resurrection and when he faught the whole team. He gave EVERYONE that work. I'm trying to understand the Steeponwolf hate too? Was he not Hard Body? Did he not body Everyone including the Amazon's and Auqa's fam? I love that he took on even Supes, Auqa and Wonder Woman with their God-like Powers. I thought he was menacing and gave everyone problems the whole way. As for the CGI, he looked like any typical CGI villain, it wasn't distracting to me neither was Cyborg's. LOL @ Joe Mortan, every time I see him I think of T2 and the Bomb, lol.

The ending made sense with his own army turning on him because of how ruthless he was. I thought this was the best paced Zack Comic Film of his career. He kept it moving very nicely. Now I could diffidently see what Joss did and honestly I thought his touches worked. Basically all that humor was Joss, some of the one-liners were a little corny (LOL @ Thirsty) but others lighten everything up. Sorry but this was better than the last Avengers film (Ultron) and almost as good as the 1st, IMO. It's amazing how they connected Batman's world (Alfred/Gordan), Supes world (Louis/Martha), Diana's World (Amazons) and Auqu's world (Atlantis) and it all flowed perfectly together. I left the theater like a little kid, I couldn't believe they got all their personalities. That was the Justice League for real. The sequel should be fast tracked for 2020. My only criticism is though the pacing was good, it dragged a little in the beginning when they were trying to put the team together. Also I wanted more Supes but I understand the point to the story was that he was dead. Critics were way wrong on this. Now as always I give my box office Analysis:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $96,000,000 34.1%
+ Foreign: $185,500,000 65.9%
= Worldwide: $281,500,000

Surprising numbers Definitely coming in under 100 Million, Remember this is still November and most of the time only Hunger Games and Twilight movies do huge numbers this month. Before Thor 3, both Dr. Strange and Thor 2 opening in Nov to about 80-85 Million. I felt it could of matched Thor 3 but this is the Lowest OW for the DCEU that' s unfortunate but in fairness, "BatsVSupes" did ware the novelty of them being together on the screen. Notice that movie opened to 166 Million OW in March (And people were hating then saying that was bad, lol) It had a 81 Million OD but I don't think the film is the reason why. Also they were coming off WW amazing success, looks like it did about what WW did OW just 7 million short. There were other exterior factors including Thor 3 spiting the audience (Same Demographics) and the Independent film "Wonder" Breaking out. Also the Holidays are coming up so people finances are more tied to that. Thor did not have direct competition from a major comic film. With Thanksgiving, that should help it's legs.

I also believe RT did keep people on the fence so sadly these fanboy critics did effect the opening weekend. I don't think DC should be disappointed, they pulled off something that fans have been 30 years for doing this film. But they have to be smart wit their next releases. Again Solo Flash movie, Supes 2 needs to also be on the table. Of Course WW 2 and again Justice League Sequel. This movie made me appreciate "BatsVSupes" because that was really "Justice League" prequel. This was the sequel. Also "Suicide Squad" feels like a Spin Off now where as "Man of Steel, BatsVSupes, WW and JL" all fit perfectly together. Both After Credits Scenes were dope and set up future sequels really well. This 80's baby is very happy with the final film. LOL @ Luther's League. Anyways. Hopefully Justice League 2 for 2020.

Superfriends_%281980%29.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Review I wrote the breh @LinusCaldwell site :salute:

Justice League Review

If anybody wants to read it @MartyMcFly @FlyRy @Still FloW @saysumthinfunnymike @Jello Biafra @LÍQUIDO @obarth

Any criticism welcome

in truth, I haven't bothered to watch it yet after finding out about how much Whedon shyt made it in there. There's no wonder it flopped at the box office. Whedon damn near killed the Avengers franchise with Age of Ultron and that bullshyt.

So with Snyder gone, I think Whedon definitely gotta go and I wouldn't let him make the Batgirl flick. It'd be horrible. Hopefully Johns, Patty, Wan and Reeves will restore the feelin. :ehh: :manny:

I will probably catch a matinee maybe at some point. First DC movie I ain't seen opening weekend.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just came back and I really liked it.

Supes was wrecking shyt when he got on the playing field. I really liked when he first woke up and they showed how strong he is when he wants to be and his regard for human life. The cast had great chemistry and the part where Aquaman was sitting on the rope had everyone in the theater laughing.I like how they casually mentioned Mother and Darkseid and the new gods and how it seems like Steppenwolf is looking to become one and conquering Earth would accomplish that.
I would've liked them to mention the whole Injustice dream sequence. Overall I really liked this though now give me my MOS2.