Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My take

Cyborg - Strong actor. I like the gravitas he has. He could've easily been overpowered / outacted by Joe Morton but he wasn't. Too bad his lackluster CGI may overshadow his good performance for some people.

WW - Not as good here as she was in her solo movie. Because of her thinness I never get the strong warrior feel I should get from her. Maybe Gal was previously great because of the fish out of water story arc and without it she doesn't have that much charm or magnetism. I really enjoyed the amazons a lot though.

Batman - Better performance by Ben here than in BvS. I'm confused by the reviews that claim he looks like he rather not be there, seems to me he put more effort here. He did look a bit bloated / not as handsome as he did before, especially in contrast to Henry.

Queen Mera - Amber's fight scene was dope and her costume is incredible but then she opens her mouth to act and just fell flat. Hopefully she improves for the solo movie. Wasn't much chemistry between her and Jason either.

Aquaman - They made him cool, his costume is great. I liked his sarcasm and stoicness. He feels formidable. There's really not much else to say about him though, he didn't have that much to do. But I'm looking forward to his solo. The water effects of Atlantis were cool.

Superman - His return scene was the highlight of the movie for me, which I wasn't expecting. Cavill exudes power as Superman. Great screen presence. He showed us exactly why Superman going rogue is so scary.

The Flash - The characterization is a little too on the nose and redundant but Ezra was okay. (During the Central City scenes in the back of my mind I couldn't help but think of the CW Flash still, which to be fair is not their fault). His face during the Superman confrontation was absolutely brilliant. Overall though I'm going to have to give it up to Grant Gustin. His scenes with his father in S1 were more emotional than JL's take, which felt empty. I expected better from Ezra. Screen time isn't the issue either, as Cyborg and his father scenes resonated with me.

Lois Lane- Still boring as ever. It hurts to see a Lois so bland (Lane is one of the few love interest characters that rose beyond being just a love interest with the Kidder, Durance and especially Hatcher versions). The scene where Lois brings Clark back to reality would've been emotionally heavier if I cared about this Lois. I don't think it's Amy either, she's just written so boringly. She has no fiestiness.

Jim Gordon - Not enough screen time to judge.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

APDLxz.gif

:BlackPantherBanderas::MarvelStanDay1:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Holy shyt?:mindblown:

Man that’s crazy...... I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemies or niccas that would take my life for petty shyt!

Sub $100M?? Na I won’t believe that till I see it. Let’s give them till Sunday brehs:whoa:

Martha

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Holy shyt?:mindblown:

Man that’s crazy...... I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemies or niccas that would take my life for petty shyt!

Sub $100M?? Na I won’t believe that till I see it. Let’s give them till Sunday brehs:whoa:

Martha
This shyt is a science breh, im betting like 3 million more or less but its nit cracking 100 mill. Im goijg to see it right now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Popularity of the characters are not an excuse breh. These are supposed to be professional movie critics not a bunch of stans. They shouldn't be rating trash like thor as great, then turn around and give a much better movie like man of steel bad reviews because of reasons that have nothing to do with the films. Superman being more popular 20 years ago in comicbooks shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to giving a fair review.

I don't get this "they don't give DC fair reviews" thing. How does that explain Wonder Woman? Or the Nolan trilogy?

The fact of the matter is the DC movies have been hit or miss, and the expectations going into them are higher than a Thor movie, because there's never been a Thor movie. And he's not an A-tier character. "Man Of Steel" had to contend with the baggage of the Christopher Reeves movies, and the failure of the Routh movie. Hell, this run of DC movies has to contend with "The Dark Knight"....the only yard stick for the success of a MCU movie, is other MCU movies....none of which are A-tier characters, either.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don't get this "they don't give DC fair reviews" thing. How does that explain Wonder Woman? Or the Nolan trilogy?

The fact of the matter is the DC movies have been hit or miss, and the expectations going into them are higher than a Thor movie, because there's never been a Thor movie. And he's not an A-tier character. "Man Of Steel" had to contend with the baggage of the Christopher Reeves movies, and the failure of the Routh movie. Hell, this run of DC movies has to contend with "The Dark Knight"....the only yard stick for the success of a MCU movie, is other MCU movies....none of which are A-tier characters, either.

Fred.
Hate for Zach Snyder

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Fred.

Agreed except for the fact that the DC Jawns have to contend with the mcu Jawns too

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
2nd Update, Friday midday: It’s still early and right now Justice League‘s Friday, including its $13M last night, is between $36.6M-$38.5M for today. At the top end, that’s $300K higher than Wonder Woman’s Friday and she was boosted by an $11M Thursday night. This puts Justice League around $97M+ per industry estimates, far lower than the $110M-$120M on tracking. Why? Because Justice League‘s morning sales weren’t as robust as many expected.

To avoid such sluggish numbers, DC needs to meet both critical and audience positive sentiment equally like Marvel. That’s the only way to avoid this roller coaster ride at the box office. Critics weren’t any kind to Justice League with a 39% Rotten Tomatoes which is just slightly higher than Suicide Squad and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. PostTrak’s overall positive score for Justice League is upbeat at 85% and a high 69% definite recommend. BvS got a B CinemaScore and Suicide Squad earned a B+. We’ll see what that crowd has to say tonight. Hopefully good word of mouth clicks in.

WB execs truly aimed to make this title lighter and funnier than the gloom of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and definitely shorter (2 hours vs. 2 1/2 hours). Anything under $100M would likely make Warner Bros. brass unhappy: That’s not what they planned for here given how this film has been in development over the last ten years. I, mean, this is DC’s Avengers. It’s the zenith of the DC universe. Should Justice League rebound into Wonder Woman territory ($103.2M), it’s still hard to jump and down about since Justice League before P&A cost double what Wonder Woman did ($149M) with the Joss Whedon reshoots, etc. Fanboys and critics have dinged Justice League and BvS for being a visualist versus the Kubrickan cinematic bent which Christopher Nolan delivered to the Dark Knight franchise. There was promise when Whedon stepped in, but as one rival studio executive told me, “I’ve never heard of a director completely changing the DNA of a movie when he’s called in for reshoots. That’s inherent in the script from the onset.” I hear though if the film clears $700M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much. Overseas including China is currently at $42.4M.

Realize that the Gal Gadot quotient could be slow to show up here. Note that older women for Wonder Woman were there during opening weekend with PostTrak showing females 25+ (37%), followed by guys over 25 (34%), females under 25 (17%), and men under 25 (12%). However, the share of women grew over time for Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman does have her moments in the movie. PostTrak showed last night men over 25 in bulk (41%), men under 25 (25%), females over 25 (21%) and females under 25 (14%).

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hate for Zach Snyder

The hate wouldn't matter if he was dropping better movies. I don't know how anybody can say "well, they're just hating on the director" when he came out with "BvS".

Agreed except for the fact that the DC Jawns have to contend with the mcu Jawns too

Well yeah....now. But in retrospect the MCU was a huge gamble that could've potentially ended the company if it failed. 20 years ago if you would've told me Dr. Strange or Ironman would one day be box office competition for Batman or Superman I would've thought you were nuts.

Fred.