Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was pretty good...middle of the pack IMO. I didn't really like the flash, but I guess that's partially because I'm used to Grant Gustin and the TV show.

I'm lowkey tired of the Superman/Lois love story, but I see why it had to be done in the movie.

How is Superman not already alive, btw? Didn't the ending of BvS confirm he was alive?

I don't think he was ever dead the same way Zod wasn't technically dead. I remember there was a debate after MoS was released over how it was supposedly possible for Superman to literally "kill" Zod based upon the power of the sun and climate. I think both were in a deep hibernation and were awoken through the Kryptonian technology.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was a 5/10, Snyder is an idiot or something? The concept of secret identity was just thrown to the wind in this movie:francis:. And the critics are right about the villain he was absolutely trash nothing to him you can’t even say he was badass. There was potential hints of greatness there but it all came across as little to late. And having old batman was a stupid decision all the others look like they are in their prime, and you have Bruce on his way out talking about his been doing this for 20yrs.:scust:

I think that was Whedon on the secret identity. I mean he was in charge of post-production and editing and reshoots.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Still FloW you need to spoiler your review post...

as for others and the secret identity thing yall harping on:

what are yall complaining about?...besides lois scene, what's the problem?...when aqua says it to bats, those people dont speak english; and that criminal at the beginning is never gonna meet alfred....besides that, the only other times people used real names was around other members of the team.....so i dont see the problem that yall trying to make an uproar about....
I think he means supes and how they were saying his name . BUT he's not famous Clark means nothing to a stranger . Even just saying Bruce Diana etc .

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zack Snyder on heroes communicating on screen:
"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."

"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

He further states that Lex finding out Superman's identity doesn't need explanation because the concept of secret identities is ridiculous.

And he likes the idea of Lex naming the Justice League and giving them their names."
Great job WB hiring him to helm this universe.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
We posting reviews?

So I caught it, and found it average as hell. Taking up what the Godling said, the movie’s just there. It lacks an effective build-up, because characters are spread thin in the first half (I find Aquaman the most guilty of this). For comparison I actually watched IT with my brother the day before, and while the catharsis in the third act is felt better with some of the kids over others, it still feels earned/present with all of them. Justice League, not so much.

Part of this is Steppenwolf being bland as fukk. He doesn’t challenge any of the group, so fighting him is just obligatory in saving the world. He had a throwaway line of being compelled to conquer to earn his place, but there’s really nothing else to him. I thought he was going to be at least a sick action character, with an axe of doom but nah. Some moments but eh. Too much of typical menacing dialogue (though it worked for a little, will come back to that). Also his death ripped off an iconic villain’s (cue winking money counter gif).

Now the CG. I tried to keep faith in the beginning, especially with Cyborg which I thought was well done when he kept to the hoodie and only showed his face. But then it quickly got ridiculous, with CGI Kryptonian ship corridors, CGI plane hangars, CGI cornfields. Cornfields! It needed more practical effects, and Superman’s animated lips were straight terrible, made worse by their constant presence (I feel like there were two scenes where he didn’t have them). He was OP though, straight embarrassed the competition. Also I ended up finding Cyborg’s design crap. When he’s flying in the ‘My man!’ shot, I kept thinking he flies like Flappy Bird.

The team itself had enjoyable comradery that would’ve felt a lot better if there were more preceding movies. I think the movie itself knows this, as they tried to make the most of the WW hype with all the Steve references but the Amazonian action scene was one of the more compelling scenes (life or death tag) since we knew Hippolyta. Then when Steppenwolf takes on Diana later on, his callback taunt was a bit of a bright spot for me. Compare it to the Atlantis invasion, which interesting technically, felt random as hell. Still there is chemistry between multiple pairings (Supes/Flash is the most entertaining for me), but the ‘growing pains’ conflict felt non-existent so coming together as a team was eh.

Lastly to me it also lacked a great scene. No Koba riding on the humans in Dawn…Pota, or entering the Pennywise house for the first time in IT. Nothing particularly memorable. I honestly don’t hate it, but have no urge to watch it again. If anything, I want to see Snyder’s full product but I doubt it would have enough character development for me.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
the same can be said for this movie...it had a theme/message that was effectively executed...

They can't even make a movie without getting the runtime right. This is like the 3rd time they have had to do cuts and reshoots. This is the second time the director has been forced to shrink the movie.

Don't you think it would make sense to give the runtime BEFORE production starts. They story, script and budget would probably be different.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Who cares about the critics and RT" yet we have debates over that for the last few pages. Y'all wanted to wait and see what regular folks are saying and it seems like the majority of the scores from the coli are 6/10. A bunch of "it's okay/decent" reviews. This is the Justice League and an okay movie isn't acceptable.

It's already looking like Ben is gone. People saying they weren't digging Aquaman and his movie is on the way. DC and WB needs to reevaluate what they're doing and make some serious changes.

DeJuan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Good movie. The hate is way undeserved in my opinion. The only thing that was bad was too much cgi (The Flash scenes were good but they need to work on his movements). The pace of the film is fine to me. Does it move fast? Yeah. But it seemed like people hated how slow MOS and BvS were. And I've seen reviews comparing this to the Avengers. I kinda concur. Both are average to a little above. The only movie (comic book-wise) that equaled/exceeded my expectations was Captain America:Winter Soldier. Everything else has been bad or average.