Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
That scene is a resolution of conflict clark goes through throughout the film. Your argument about it being 3/5 of the movie makes no sense cause that scene isn't the first scene to illustrate the central conflict, it's the scene that resolves it. It's a crescendo. And then Clark snapping Zod's neck is the exclamation point.

So you're saying Clark's central conflict in this movie is him being torn between his kryptonian heritage and his responsibility to humanity?

That's the central struggle of the film?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
So you're saying Clark's central conflict in this movie is him being torn between his kryptonian heritage and his responsibility to humanity?

That's the central struggle of the film?

In that scene

he has to decide

between saving the innocents of Earth , a planet where he spends his time roaming cause he doesn't feel like he belongs :hula:

:hula:and Letting Zod remake earth into Krypton, which would be a planet where he DOES belong

And he chooses to save the innocent

which in this film, is his hero turn :mjgrin:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
In that scene

he has to decide

between saving the innocents of Earth , a planet where he spends his time roaming cause he doesn't feel like he belongs :hula:

:hula:and Letting Zod remake earth into Krypton, which would be a planet where he DOES belong

And he chooses to save the innocent

which in this film, is his hero turn
:mjgrin:

You would have show evidence from the film that Clark was ever seriously considering joining/helping Zod in the first place.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Lemme know a rec center in your area. I'll come to your city and watch the movie with you and point that shyt out

Or you can just post the scene...

You claim the central conflict of the film is Clark struggling with choosing krypton over earth but I don't recall a single moment in the film where it ever looks like he's tempted to side with Zod.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
This convo is great, cause it's a commentary on how the more power you have, the more humanity you're stripped of by people who don't know you.

how dare you have superpowers and try to save your girl and mom over civillians.

This is the kind of dynamic people deal with everyday when they go from nobodies to somebodies with influence. We see celebrities ripped to shreds on every kind of social media platform every single day, from twitter to facebook, youtube, the coli, etc. The more visibility and influence someone gets, the more mathematical people get when analyzing their actions. They're only humanized when the person criticizing them can see themselves in their shoes.

PROLIFIC POST :wow:

crvhOjJ.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

You claim the central conflict of the film is Clark struggling with choosing krypton over earth but I don't recall a single moment in the film where it ever looks like he's tempted to side with Zod.
I love the goal post movement. It's not Zod vs Earth. It's Krypton vs Earth. Clark was willing to let both coexist. Zod wasn't. That's where a choice had to be made. Clark chose Earth. Clark chose humanity

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I love the goal post movement. It's not Zod vs Earth. It's Krypton vs Earth. Clark was willing to let both coexist. Zod wasn't. That's where a choice had to be made. Clark chose Earth. Clark chose humanity

To add to this point, before destroying the birthing chambers Zod pleads that if they die Krypton dies. Clark ponders it briefly before responding that Krypton had it's chance. In that moment he's rejecting that heritage and choosing earth.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To add to this point, before destroying the birthing chambers Zod pleads that if they die Krypton dies. Clark ponders it briefly before responding that Krypton had it's chance. In that moment he's rejecting that heritage and choosing earth.
But where's the moment that shows him realizing Kyrpton had its chance :troll:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

But the movie is not building up to that scene. That is not a decision Clark is seen struggling with throughout the movie.

Clark briefly battles with the decision to reveal himself to the army because he's not sure if they can be trusted, but not once after meeting Zod and the other kryptonians does the movie even slightly communicate that Clark is resisting temptation to join team Krypton. He is against Zod from the very start and he even confesses to the priest that he doesn't trust him.

So I don't know what 'inner conflict' you guys are even talking about.