Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Did you just ignore everything in my post to reply with this?:mjlol:It's ok to not hit reply if you have no reply, breh. The post you're quoting literally says the term Superman isn't even uttered in Man of Steel, yet you want to ask me why Clark becomes Superman in Man of Steel? You were actually moving up the Marvel stan power rankings but this one knocked you down a few pegs:francis:

But I'm going to answer your question cause I'm intrigued if the replies can get even worse:mjgrin: In Man of Steel Clark becomes Superman because he chooses the existence of humanity over a second chance for Krypton. Humanity dubs him Superman.

He doesn't actually become Superman until Batman vs. Superman where he chooses to accept the burden of not just helping, but also being a symbol/hero and everything that comes with it.
frfr he actually hasn't become superman yet. I believe Snyder's Justice League was supposed to be his final form, so to speak. I cosign everything you're saying.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
The scene you're referring to doesn't even occur until 3/5 through the movie and it's a scene that lasts 2-3 minutes at best. You would have a very tough case to make if you were to argue that this was the central conflict of the film and the defining character motivation for our lead hero.
That scene is a resolution of conflict clark goes through throughout the film. Your argument about it being 3/5 of the movie makes no sense cause that scene isn't the first scene to illustrate the central conflict, it's the scene that resolves it. It's a crescendo. And then Clark snapping Zod's neck is the exclamation point.

You're like a Nas fan shytting on a kendrick lamar album right now

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That scene is a resolution of conflict clark goes through throughout the film. Your argument about it being 3/5 of the movie makes no sense cause that scene isn't the first scene to illustrate the central conflict, it's the scene that resolves it. It's a crescendo. And then Clark snapping Zod's neck is the exclamation point.

You're like a Nas fan shytting on a kendrick lamar album right now

Aye you leave Nasty out of this

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@obarth I don't think there's an answer that will satisfy them breh.

It went from:

"Why is Superman so grumpy in BVS"

To

"We never see Superman saving people!"

To

"Oh but we don't see why exactly he's saving people!"

To

"It happens too late in the movie!"

Now when you're quoting dialogue it's

"Oh, see what I was actually saying is that that scene that shows exactly what I was asking for and that MoS was building up to was too short :mjgrin:"

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
@obarth I don't think there's an answer that will satisfy them breh.

It went from:

"Why is Superman so grumpy in BVS"

To

"We never see Superman saving people!"

To

"Oh but we don't see why exactly he's saving people!"

To

"It happens too late in the movie!"

Now when you're quoting dialogue it's

"Oh, see what I was actually saying is that that scene that shows exactly what I was asking for and that MoS was building up to was too short :mjgrin:"
I have no expectation of ever convincing some of these nikkas. I don't even care if people like the movies or not:yeshrug:But if I'm bored and cats are bringing up things that can be countered with legit explanations and scenes/dialogue from the movies, imma take the time to reply just to see what they come up with:pachaha:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli::beli::beli:You nikkas can't possibly be this obtuse. His mother poses the same exact notion you are asking about in this scene. Be their hero or be nothing to them. After the explosion at congress which he's blamed for, he decides he'll be nothing to them. The nikka goes on a spirit walk and talks to his dead dad. The fact that he ends up coming back and saving the world shows that he wants to be Superman. He made the choice. The thing is, there wasn't even such a thing as "Superman" until BvS. I don't think the name is even uttered (besides when Lois almost says it) in Man of Steel. Clark was just a dude with amazing abilities helping people. Now that the world knows of his existence he can't just be a guy helping people anonymously. He's a symbol. A symbol of what, is one of the biggest themes of BvS. Him helping people is now painted under religious, political, and even terroristic themes. The weight of all of that and the fact he can't seem to win for losing causes him to turn his back to all of it in general. He then makes the choice of picking up that mantle, despite everything that comes with it, and donning the uniform again. He chooses to be their hero regardless of the negatives. So yeah, the film does answer the question, but apparently @Soymuscle Mike wasn't on a tangent and y'all actually needed to see Superman smiling in the camera and proclaiming "Truth, justice, and the American way" before flying off into the sunset:snoop:

When exactly did he go back to save the world? Was it when he saved his girlfriend from falling off a building? When he fought and was potentially going to kill Batman to save his mother? Or was it when he was going to ignore whatever was going on in Metropolis to go save his mother before being told by Batman where he should be? Maybe it was when he showed up with a personal vendetta against Lex and only fought "Doomsday" because his life and later Lisa's life was in danger.

Bottom line if they wanted to show him choosing to be a savior for the world at that point they needed to remove selfish motivations for his actions that could obscure that point.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:beli::beli::beli:You nikkas can't possibly be this obtuse. His mother poses the same exact notion you are asking about in this scene. Be their hero or be nothing to them. After the explosion at congress which he's blamed for, he decides he'll be nothing to them. The nikka goes on a spirit walk and talks to his dead dad. The fact that he ends up coming back and saving the world shows that he wants to be Superman. He made the choice. The thing is, there wasn't even such a thing as "Superman" until BvS. I don't think the name is even uttered (besides when Lois almost says it) in Man of Steel. Clark was just a dude with amazing abilities helping people. Now that the world knows of his existence he can't just be a guy helping people anonymously. He's a symbol. A symbol of what, is one of the biggest themes of BvS. Him helping people is now painted under religious, political, and even terroristic themes. The weight of all of that and the fact he can't seem to win for losing causes him to turn his back to all of it in general. He then makes the choice of picking up that mantle, despite everything that comes with it, and donning the uniform again. He chooses to be their hero regardless of the negatives. So yeah, the film does answer the question, but apparently @Soymuscle Mike wasn't on a tangent and y'all actually needed to see Superman smiling in the camera and proclaiming "Truth, justice, and the American way" before flying off into the sunset:snoop:

agreed

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Hey brehs and brehettes, lets do a quick experiment:

http://www.thecoli.com/search/8149529/?q=superman&o=relevance&c[user][0]=603 <----I searched the term "superman" and cross referenced posts by @wire28

http://www.thecoli.com/search/8149517/?q=superman&o=relevance&c[user][0]=643 <----- I searched the term "superman" and cross referenced posts by me

Mind you, the max number of posts you can look up is 200, so this nikka probably has more than that. Meanwhile I have 67. This shyt ain't healthy, dog:mjcry:
Now do a little more research on the gang of bums you got dapping your post and marvel and You'll see some shyt that will have you in the intensive care unit.

That deflection was about as weak as the writing has been for your boy Clark

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I have no expectation of ever convincing some of these nikkas. I don't even care if people like the movies or not:yeshrug:But if I'm bored and cats are bringing up things that can be countered with legit explanations and scenes/dialogue from the movies, imma take the time to reply just to see what they come up with:pachaha:
Don't care if people like the movies or not, but research post histories and type paragraphs, brehs

I tell you these D.C. Stans and Clark kents are a hoot, they stay doin the most while complaining about other posters :marvelpachaha: