Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lol it's crazy how charismatic and charming cavil is but none of that gets to shine. Now he's gonna be a brainwashed semi villain like why?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Remind me what your thoughts about this scene were, breh:mjgrin::

My thoughts on this scene are that once again Superman is presented as a complete non-character. We learn nothing about him as a person or what he truly believes deep down.

Why did you even post this scene? He doesn't even talk. What exactly do you take away about Superman from this scene?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
My thoughts on this scene are that once again Superman is presented as a complete non-character. We learn nothing about him as a person or what he truly believes deep down.

Why did you even post this scene? He doesn't even talk. What exactly do you take away about Superman from this scene?
His mom isn't good at giving advice. lol

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Why did you even post this scene?
Is he Superman because he WANTS to be Superman or because he feels he HAS to be Superman?

:beli::beli::beli:You nikkas can't possibly be this obtuse. His mother poses the same exact notion you are asking about in this scene. Be their hero or be nothing to them. After the explosion at congress which he's blamed for, he decides he'll be nothing to them. The nikka goes on a spirit walk and talks to his dead dad. The fact that he ends up coming back and saving the world shows that he wants to be Superman. He made the choice. The thing is, there wasn't even such a thing as "Superman" until BvS. I don't think the name is even uttered (besides when Lois almost says it) in Man of Steel. Clark was just a dude with amazing abilities helping people. Now that the world knows of his existence he can't just be a guy helping people anonymously. He's a symbol. A symbol of what, is one of the biggest themes of BvS. Him helping people is now painted under religious, political, and even terroristic themes. The weight of all of that and the fact he can't seem to win for losing causes him to turn his back to all of it in general. He then makes the choice of picking up that mantle, despite everything that comes with it, and donning the uniform again. He chooses to be their hero regardless of the negatives. So yeah, the film does answer the question, but apparently @Soymuscle Mike wasn't on a tangent and y'all actually needed to see Superman smiling in the camera and proclaiming "Truth, justice, and the American way" before flying off into the sunset:snoop:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:beli::beli::beli:You nikkas can't possibly be this obtuse. His mother poses the same exact notion you are asking about in this scene. Be their hero or be nothing to them. After the explosion at congress which he's blamed for, he decides he'll be nothing to them. The nikka goes on a spirit walk and talks to his dead dad. The fact that he ends up coming back and saving the world shows that he wants to be Superman. He made the choice. The thing is, there wasn't even such a thing as "Superman" until BvS. I don't think the name is even uttered (besides when Lois almost says it) in Man of Steel. Clark was just a dude with amazing abilities helping people. Now that the world knows of his existence he can't just be a guy helping people anonymously. He's a symbol. A symbol of what, is one of the biggest themes of BvS. Him helping people is now painted under religious, political, and even terroristic themes. The weight of all of that and the fact he can't seem to win for losing causes him to turn his back to all of it in general. He then makes the choice of picking up that mantle, despite everything that comes with it, and donning the uniform again. He chooses to be their hero regardless of the negatives. So yeah, the film does answer the question, but apparently @Soymuscle Mike wasn't on a tangent and y'all actually needed to see Superman smiling in the camera and proclaiming "Truth, justice, and the American way" before flying off into the sunset:snoop:

Fill in this blank. WHY does Clark want to be Superman?

- In Batman Begins... Bruce becomes Batman to avenge his parents to and to rid Gotham of corruption.

- In Iron Man... Tony becomes Iron Man so that he can right past wrongs and aid humanity.

- In First Avenger... Steve becomes Captain America so that he could fight the nazis.

- In Man Of Steel... Clark becomes Superman because _______________.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Fill in this blank. WHY does Clark want to be Superman?

- In Batman Begins... Bruce becomes Batman to avenge his parents to and to rid Gotham of corruption.

- In Iron Man... Tony becomes Iron Man so that he can right past wrongs and aid humanity.

- In First Avenger... Steve becomes Captain America so that he could fight the nazis.

- In Man Of Steel... Clark becomes Superman because _______________.
Did you just ignore everything in my post to reply with this?:mjlol:It's ok to not hit reply if you have no reply, breh. The post you're quoting literally says the term Superman isn't even uttered in Man of Steel, yet you want to ask me why Clark becomes Superman in Man of Steel? You were actually moving up the Marvel stan power rankings but this one knocked you down a few pegs:francis:

But I'm going to answer your question cause I'm intrigued if the replies can get even worse:mjgrin: In Man of Steel Clark becomes Superman because he chooses the existence of humanity over a second chance for Krypton. Humanity dubs him Superman.

He doesn't actually become Superman until Batman vs. Superman where he chooses to accept the burden of not just helping, but also being a symbol/hero and everything that comes with it.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Did you just ignore everything in my post to reply with this?:mjlol:It's ok to not hit reply if you have no reply, breh. The post you're quoting literally says the term Superman isn't even uttered in Man of Steel, yet you want to ask me why Clark becomes Superman in Man of Steel? You were actually moving up the Marvel stan power rankings but this one knocked you down a few pegs:francis:

I wasn't talking about becoming Superman as in literally taking the name Superman, I was talking about donning the suit and cape and becoming Superman figuratively... which occurs midway through MOS.

But I'm going to answer your question cause I'm intrigued if the replies can get even worse:mjgrin: In Man of Steel Clark becomes Superman because he chooses the existence of humanity over a second chance for Krypton. Humanity dubs him Superman.

He doesn't actually become Superman until Batman vs. Superman where he chooses to accept the burden of not just helping, but also being a symbol/hero and everything that comes with it.

Does the film even remotely entertain this conflict though? I don't recall a single scene where Clark is actually torn about whether he should embrace Zod and his kryptonian ancestry or defend Earth.

At what point in the movie did he make this 'choice'?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
their version of superman sucks. the :cape: for him is mindblowing

theres a reason why they didnt even bother to make MOS2 and had to throw batman in there
Hey brehs and brehettes, lets do a quick experiment:

http://www.thecoli.com/search/8149529/?q=superman&o=relevance&c[user][0]=603 <----I searched the term "superman" and cross referenced posts by @wire28

http://www.thecoli.com/search/8149517/?q=superman&o=relevance&c[user][0]=643 <----- I searched the term "superman" and cross referenced posts by me

Mind you, the max number of posts you can look up is 200, so this nikka probably has more than that. Meanwhile I have 67. This shyt ain't healthy, dog:mjcry:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I wasn't talking about becoming Superman as in literally taking the name Superman, I was talking about donning the suit and cape and becoming Superman figuratively... which occurs midway through MOS.

Does the film even remotely entertain this conflict though? I don't recall a single scene where Clark is actually torn about whether he should embrace Zod and his kryptonian ancestry or defend Earth.

At what point in the movie did he make this 'choice'?
When he entertains the conversation with Zod about what his motives are and asks Zod what happens to humans if Earth is terraformed. It's not until Zod says humanity ends that he disagrees with him. Clark also tells Zod humans and Kryptonians can coexist and Zod says that would mean Kryptonians would have to go through the same painful acclimation process that Clark had to. Lastly, right before he destroys the ship at the end of the movie Zod says he'll be destroying Krypton if he does so. They make a point of showing Clark turn off his heat vision and think before declaring that Krypton had it's chance. Jor El tells Clark that he was sent to Earth as a last chance for Krypton. It's all throughout the movie

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
When he entertains the conversation with Zod about what his motives are and asks Zod what happens to humans if Earth is terraformed. It's not until Zod says humanity ends that he disagrees with him. Clark also tells Zod humans and Kryptonians can coexist and Zod says that would mean Kryptonians would have to go through the same painful acclimation process that Clark had to. Lastly, right before he destroys the ship at the end of the movie Zod says he'll be destroying Krypton if he does so. They make a point of showing Clark turn off his heat vision and think before declaring that Krypton had it's chance. Jor El tells Clark that he was sent to Earth as a last chance for Krypton. It's all throughout the movie

The scene you're referring to doesn't even occur until 3/5 through the movie and it's a scene that lasts 2-3 minutes at best. You would have a very tough case to make if you were to argue that this was the central conflict of the film and the defining character motivation for our lead hero.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The scene you're referring to doesn't even occur until 3/5 through the movie and it's a scene that lasts 2-3 minutes at best. You would have a very tough case to make if you were to argue that this was the central conflict of the film and the defining character motivation for our lead hero.
Clark finds his spaceship less than halfway through the movie and learns about his origin. Zod shows up shortly later. The first half of the movie is his upbringing, his human side. The second half is him realizing what he truly is and those two things coming into direct conflict with each other. He's just a guy with powers randomly helping people anonymously in the first half of the movie. The arrival of Zod forces him into the public eye and the choice between Earth and Krypton turns him into Superman. This started with you saying he doesn't look like he wants to be a hero in BvS to now picking the placement of a scene in MoS as to his reason for becoming something he doesn't truly become until BvS. In your need to keep replying, you're going off on the tangent you accused @Soymuscle Mike of doing before