Won Won

Superstar
Daps

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both of them sucked. Especially that Joker. They made an excellent decision cut down Leto's initial screentime in Suicide Squad.

My only issue with Leto's Joker was that they had him being in love with Harley. He's not supposed to give a fukk about her, she's his punching bag that loves him, which he finds hilarious. Other than that you can tell he was channeling the version of Joker we see in The Dark Knight Returns and All Star Batman & Robin. Somebody at WB is obsessed with Frank Miller's interpretation of Batman.

LIke I already said the script failed Eisenberg...He was miscast, but they went with a totally different version of Lex. I don't like the version they went with, I'd have rather seen the straight up Corporate raider/super genius version of Lex. Another problem with their version of Lex is that they never actually got across how smart he was supposed to be.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Lex was fine and Jesse did a great job playing the character he was given. Dudes here have no imagination and want everything cut and paste from TAS

Eisenberg's Lex was just an attempted rehash of Ledger's Joker. Aint a damn thing imaginative about it :mjlol:

My only issue with Leto's Joker was that they had him being in love with Harley. He's not supposed to give a fukk about her, she's his punching bag that loves him, which he finds hilarious. Other than that you can tell he was channeling the version of Joker we see in The Dark Knight Returns and All Star Batman & Robin. Somebody at WB is obsessed with Frank Miller's interpretation of Batman.

LIke I already said the script failed Eisenberg...He was miscast, but they went with a totally different version of Lex. I don't like the version they went with, I'd have rather seen the straight up Corporate raider/super genius version of Lex. Another problem with their version of Lex is that they never actually got across how smart he was supposed to be.

What about Leto's "attempts at acting"? :picard:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about Leto's "attempts at acting"? :picard:

Jared Leto has been a dope actor his entire career, I really think the script and the director let him down in this one. A ton of his shyt supposedly got cut from the film and didn't even make it into the directors cut. Before the movie came out all we heard was that the Leto's performance was world class.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only issue with Leto's Joker was that they had him being in love with Harley. He's not supposed to give a fukk about her, she's his punching bag that loves him, which he finds hilarious.
Weren't the reports that that's how the original cut was, but the studios changed it because they didn't want attacks about abuse and shyt?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weren't the reports that that's how the original cut was, but the studios changed it because they didn't want attacks about abuse and shyt?

Yeah, you even see a few elements of it in the extended cut, but they still ultimately they still make it look like they're in love.

It's one of those situations where they failed to realize no matter how popular he is the Joker is a villain and is supposed to do evil shyt....Hell Jack Nicholson's Joker was abusing to his mate, he burned that one chicks face with acid.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Jared Leto has been a dope actor his entire career, I really think the script and the director let him down in this one. A ton of his shyt supposedly got cut from the film and didn't even make it into the directors cut. Before the movie came out all we heard was that the Leto's performance was world class.

He can't act.

I do blame Ayer though. I don't what he was thinking by casting him in the first place. You know it's a bust when Batman's most popular villain has his screentime cut down. Meanwhile Ledger got 35 minutes in The Dark Knight.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can't act.

I do blame Ayer though. I don't what he was thinking by casting him in the first place. You know it's a bust when Batman's most popular villain has his screentime cut down. Meanwhile Ledger got 35 minutes in The Dark Knight.

:what:

Dude has consistently been one of the best actors working. Have you ever seen Prefontaine, Requiem for a Dream, or Mr Nobody? He was even dope in some of his smaller roles in things like American Psycho and Fight Club. He was just coming off of winning an Oscar before shooting Suicide Squad.

The Dark Knight was about the introduction of Ledger's Joker. Suicide Squad wasn't about Joker, they just shoehorned him into the movie. It would have worked better if he was the main villain like he was in Assault on Arkham, but clearly the studio wanted a bigger threat.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cool ass trailer...liked pretty much everything about it....think aquaman and flash gonna steal the show....and cyborg has a chance to win people over.....

only thing that bugs me a lil is it seems they making batman the center of the universe, and that shouldnt be the case....the center should be the trilogy as a collective, not 1 person.....and if they do go with 1 person as the center, that character was, is, and should always be superman....

..other than that, i'm there day 1...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
cool ass trailer...liked pretty much everything about it....think aquaman and flash gonna steal the show....and cyborg has a chance to win people over.....

only thing that bugs me a lil is it seems they making batman the center of the universe, and that shouldnt be the case....the center should be the trilogy as a collective, not 1 person.....and if they do go with 1 person as the center, that character was, is, and should always be superman....

..other than that, i'm there day 1...
Wonder Woman will have her solo before this comes out and Supes already did so they kinda doing the three Justice. :smugfavre:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If only you didn't grasp at binary straws, like the only 2 options are ADHD Riddler or real estate tyc00n

You're talking to the same dude who has been pretending since 2013 that the only two versions of Superman in history are Donner's and Snyder's.

And if someone has the gall to point out another he will probably accuse him of being @Kill Dat Noize.:russ:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread should be closed until September and then reopened, it will help avoid all the DC vs marvel arguing plus it will increase the buzz and hype