Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_ok9apatFms1sq214io1_1280.jpg

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait so the flick was just a day in the life with Superman with no boss or battles?
:russ::mjlol::hhh:

superman returns was a continuation of superman 1 & 2....it picks up right where 2 ends...

also, it's the perfect example that studios need to stop trying to cater to fans....i say that cause the superman in SR is the one every one is asking for now...like i said: he's a continuation from the superman in 1 & 2.....how did people respond to it? they hated it, said they were tired of the boy scout supe, and wanted him more up to date....and that's what WB did with MoS...were people happy?..no, they complained about that and said they wanted the boy scout supe from superman 1 & 2...people dont know what they want, they complain just to complain, so the studios need to worry about making a good film over catering to the fans wants/demands...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as for 'fun': like i said in another thread, WB and marvel both have fun in their movies, they are just different...marvel's fun is more driven by the lighthearted humor, which is cool....WB's fun is more in the action, which is cool...seeing supe catch doomday's punch, the trinity fighting doomsday, the deadshoot scene, etc. are fun as shyt to me...and what i wanna see out of the characters....hell, that's when i have the most fun with marvel movies too, but i understand i'm in the minority with that....

anyway, for cats to say DC's movies are dark, lack humor, etc. are full of shyt...they arent dark (except for night and storm scenes), they arent dark story wise, and they have humor....

....with that said, they said BvS was gonna be 'darker' than the other movies, and JL will be the first movie that will have the new mix they going for from the ground, up...i cant wait to see it....i dont count SS and WW cause those movies were already being worked on before the shift....

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
superman returns was a continuation of superman 1 & 2....it picks up right where 2 ends...

also, it's the perfect example that studios need to stop trying to cater to fans....i say that cause the superman in SR is the one every one is asking for now...like i said: he's a continuation from the superman in 1 & 2.....how did people respond to it? they hated it, said they were tired of the boy scout supe, and wanted him more up to date....and that's what WB did with MoS...were people happy?..no, they complained about that and said they wanted the boy scout supe from superman 1 & 2...people dont know what they want, they complain just to complain, so the studios need to worry about making a good film over catering to the fans wants/demands...

i agree with u on not catering to fans. but i dont think they hated it because it wasnt what they wanted. SR wasn't very good. period. they were so busy trying to pay homage they forgot to tell a good story. brandon routh mimicking christopher reeve was so strong that he's not superman; he's christopher reeves. it was a horrible choice to ask him to play the role that way. did the same thing with spacey as luthor, but he's such an amazing actor there's two or three moments where he forces you to accept him as his own version of the character. they should have embraced the menace he brought to the role; fukk another real estate scheme.

plus... superman's biggest action scene involved catching hands from half of harold & kumar. no one wanted that. :russ:

imo, SR sucked because story/direction-wise, it was what bryan singer wanted. and he made a lot of shytty choices.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

No, I disagree with your reason's for why people didnt like it.... it wasnt because it was a continuation (and again.... being that its connected to 1&2, it makes perfect since for him to more or less be CReeves). It wasnt accepted well to the fact that he didnt really have a physical antagonist to fight with... his villain was a giant rock.

This was a Superman movie that he didnt even throw a punch and barely showed his powers other than flying and the only fight in the movie was him getting the beats like a Wordstar vid. Also people hated that twist in the end when its revealed he has a son.

That movie felt more like a "Love Letter" to Superman vs a summer blockbuster big box office movie

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree with u on not catering to fans. but i dont think they hated it because it wasnt what they wanted. SR wasn't very good. period. they were so busy trying to pay homage they forgot to tell a good story. brandon routh mimicking christopher reeve was so strong that he's not superman; he's christopher reeves. it was a horrible choice to ask him to play the role that way. did the same thing with spacey as luthor, but he's such an amazing actor there's two or three moments where he forces you to accept him as his own version of the character. they should have embraced the menace he brought to the role; fukk another real estate scheme.

plus... superman's biggest action scene involved catching hands from half of harold & kumar. no one wanted that. :russ:

imo, SR sucked because story/direction-wise, it was what bryan singer wanted. and he made a lot of shytty choices.

i wasnt talking about the quality of the film, just the response to superman...that superman was what people asked for....that's why it stuck so close to 1 & 2 superman, ignoring 3 & 4 superman....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I disagree with your reason's for why people didnt like it.... it wasnt because it was a continuation (and again.... being that its connected to 1&2, it makes perfect since for him to more or less be CReeves). It wasnt accepted well to the fact that he didnt really have a physical antagonist to fight with... his villain was a giant rock.

This was a Superman movie that he didnt even throw a punch and barely showed his powers other than flying and the only fight in the movie was him getting the beats like a Wordstar vid. Also people hated that twist in the end when its revealed he has a son.

That movie felt more like a "Love Letter" to Superman vs a summer blockbuster big box office movie

like i told the other cat: i wasnt talking about the quality of the film, just the response to superman...as for not having a physical antagonist being the reason people didnt like that superman: i call bullshyt brotha...he didnt have one in the original superman...his antagonist was was luthor and an earthquake lol....the superman in SR was what people asked for, that's why it was more like 1 & 2 superman, not 3 & 4 superman....after they got it, then people complained they didnt want the boy scout, do gooder...that he was too black/white, and not 'realistic'/'relate able' for the times (the same shyt they said about him in comics)...so the studio gave a more modern superman in MoS and people complained they wanted the boy scout back.....

they showed more powers than just flying in the movie...the airplane scene alone (which is still one of the best scenes in a comic movie) showed flying, strength, heat vision, and his intelligence (how he had to be gentle with the plane when stopping it).....hell, that scene also showed his charm 'flying is still safer than driving'.....as for the twist, that was continuation....

and you're right, it was more a love letter to superman, cause that's what it was trying to be lol......it was finishing the story line from 1 & 2, trying to erase 3 & 4.....people really act like those movies dont exist/didnt get made when they talk about superman movies....

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
superman's biggest action scene involved catching hands from half of harold & kumar. no one wanted that. :russ:

I forgot about that shyt :scust:

Really had Kumar kicking the shyt out of him while Superman was on the ground screaming for his life and getting dragged by his hair :deadrose: