Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Marketing and fangirling aside, there is no amount of retooling that will ever make Eisenberg a good choice for Lex Luthor.

dealwithit.png
I didn't hate the Eisenberg casting like a lot of people do but it wasn't what I was hoping to see in Lex Luthor.

I am still waiting for someone to give us a movie Lex that is based on the version from All-Star Superman who's a workout nut because he is so fukking obsessed with proving humanity is better than aliens.

tMAvpIT.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah pretty much. if you want to break the mold to put a new spin on it, give it a shot. Comic writers do this shyt all the damn time. Sometimes it works (spider-man in a black suit, court of owls, year zero) sometimes it doesn't. but keeping status quo is boring as hell and not creative

What if they convinced someone like Denzel to do Lex? :patrice:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Yeah pretty much. if you want to break the mold to put a new spin on it, give it a shot. Comic writers do this shyt all the damn time. Sometimes it works (spider-man in a black suit, court of owls, year zero) sometimes it doesn't. but keeping status quo is boring as hell and not creative

You can just do different for the sake of itself and expect success. Any villian worth the name should be a threat, project menace, be cunning, all those and more. Does anybody anywhere get any of that watching Eisenberg?

Be honest here. :francis:

I didn't hate the Eisenberg casting like a lot of people do but it wasn't what I was hoping to see in Lex Luthor.

I am still waiting for someone to give us a movie Lex that is based on the version from All-Star Superman who's a workout nut because he is so fukking obsessed with proving humanity is better than aliens.

tMAvpIT.jpg

That's actually a pretty cool twist on things. How long ago was this storyline? :ehh:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

"Watching the Snydercut is actually a masterclass... letting the scenes breathe is totally transformative."
Goes in on how Whedon hacks up a scene where Snyder improves it by letting it play out longer with added fx, music, etc. "It should be used in film school."

Uhh, I think having 4hrs vs 2 helps, no?

Grace Randolph isn't good at what she does. How her platform is this big? I wish I knew.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You can just do different for the sake of itself and expect success. Any villian worth the name should be a threat, project menace, be cunning, all those and more. Does anybody anywhere get any of that watching Eisenberg?

That's actually a pretty cool twist on things. How long ago was this storyline? :ehh:
All depends on how. Lex isn’t a physical threat to Superman in the least bit lol. He’s a financial one and a political one and a money-
=power one. You don’t need to look imposing for that. You need to know how to be born on third base and pretend you weren’t, know how to stand on a pile of money and declare to the world you’re the tallest guy in town

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The comic ran from 2005 to 2008. I think there were 12 issues all told.
They released an animated adaptation in 2011 that was pretty good.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:francis: nobody could've saved that role. We didn't even get to really see Jesse be Lex, only that post credits scene.