Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This was such a better film than the theater release. It’s sad how both films (BvS and JL) in the trilogy had better director’s cuts than the theater version. :snoop:

I only saw the theater cut of JL once and actually liked it. It has its issues, but I appreciated the fact we had a JL movie to finally see. :ld:

As for the Synder Cut:

-Darkseid was :gladbron: Was a solid way to introduce him as the big baddie by revealing he’s out there to the heroes. Steppenwolf was used better here. I even popped when Granny Goodness showed up. :heh:

-Proper Superman in Black scenes. :banderas:

-More Injustice piff! Was wondering how they would use Joker. What a way. :whew:

-Not a bad way to get MM involved. Kinda wasn’t feeling his intro with Lois. But the scene with Bruce was good.

-Breaking it into parts was great. Felt like a comic book coming to life. :wow:

It’s kinda disappointing we won’t get a proper story going forward. The potential was there.

Daps
This was such a better film than the theater release. It’s sad how both films (BvS and JL) in the trilogy had better director’s cuts than the theater version. :snoop:

I only saw the theater cut of JL once and actually liked it. It has its issues, but I appreciated the fact we had a JL movie to finally see. :ld:

As for the Synder Cut:

-Darkseid was :gladbron: Was a solid way to introduce him as the big baddie by revealing he’s out there to the heroes. Steppenwolf was used better here. I even popped when Granny Goodness showed up. :heh:

-Proper Superman in Black scenes. :banderas:

-More Injustice piff! Was wondering how they would use Joker. What a way. :whew:

-Not a bad way to get MM involved. Kinda wasn’t feeling his intro with Lois. But the scene with Bruce was good.

-Breaking it into parts was great. Felt like a comic book coming to life. :wow:

It’s kinda disappointing we won’t get a proper story going forward. The potential was there.

Yeah man, I don't understand why they won't restart the Synderverse.

This film showed that the audience is there.

People talk all that Marvel vs DC stuff but the truth of the matter is, is it even a fight when one side is getting absolutely crushed?

The true interpretation of the Snyderverse would probably rival any and everything that Marvel is doing.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

People talk all that Marvel vs DC stuff but the truth of the matter is, is it even a fight when one side is getting absolutely crushed?

The true interpretation of the Snyderverse would probably rival any and everything that Marvel is doing.
They coulda got 2 movies out of this. Part 2 could focus on the LoD. Third one all about Darkseid and his Army. Dude looked fukkin epic in his final state too. :wow:

Snyderverse Pentalogy woulda been a proper send off for the world. :francis:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Pride and pettiness which is insane considering the scale and money involved. It would require them to acknowledge the incompetence at the exec level during the time. They wont even validate Ray Fishers issues.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the thing though, I loved the movie. However, a 4-hr move should be dope watch. But who wants to sit in a theater for 4 hours for a movie. The only movie that should be longer than 3 hours would be JL3. Zack Snyder needs to work on developing a clear concise movie with a less than 2.5 hr run time. Shouldn't have to wait for a director's cut to get a decent movie. To be fair, I do blame WB for most of the issues. If they weren't trying to catch up to Marvel in only a few years, Snyder may have had the opportunity to flesh out his story over more films and a longer period of time.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Here's the thing though, I loved the movie. However, a 4-hr move should be dope watch. But who wants to sit in a theater for 4 hours for a movie. The only movie that should be longer than 3 hours would be JL3. Zack Snyder needs to work on developing a clear concise movie with a less than 2.5 hr run time. Shouldn't have to wait for a director's cut to get a decent movie. To be fair, I do blame WB for most of the issues. If they weren't trying to catch up to Marvel in only a few years, Snyder may have had the opportunity to flesh out his story over more films and a longer period of time.
He wanted a 2 part film WB said no:beli:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Big stories need time. Even 2 1/2 hours ain’t enough. We all saw how BvS was. :huhldup:

if anything, something at 3 to 3 1/2 hours is fitting. Wolf of Wall Street was about 3 hours and it was great. Anyone bytching about long movies must have the attention span of a child. :scust:

Daps

I will admit... Snyder cut was incredible. But me and my bro broke that thing up over 3 days :pachaha:

Neither one of us had time to spend 4.5 hours watching a movie.

That's what made the hbo max release format so dope. You could take your time watching it and break it up till you finish

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big stories need time. Even 2 1/2 hours ain’t enough. We all saw how BvS was. :huhldup:

if anything, something at 3 to 3 1/2 hours is fitting. Wolf of Wall Street was about 3 hours and it was great. Anyone bytching about long movies must have the attention span of a child. :scust:

No movie should be more than 3 hr long in a theater. BAck in the day, they used to have built in intermission because they didn't want people sitting that long. There was no epic lead in to justify a 4 hr justice league movie. At least MArvel waited until Endgame before crossing the three hour mark. I bet Justice League would get very different reviews if it was released in the theater instead of HBO Max.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
No movie should be more than 3 hr long in a theater. BAck in the day, they used to have built in intermission because they didn't want people sitting that long. There was no epic lead in to justify a 4 hr justice league movie. At least MArvel waited until Endgame before crossing the three hour mark. I bet Justice League would get very different reviews if it was released in the theater instead of HBO Max.
No one knows how long Snyder’s version woulda been if it was released in the theaters. I doubt it woulda been 4 hours. Dude was able to make this version 4 hours because it was a streaming release.

And Endgame relied on rehashing old storylines to push the 3 hour mark. Nothing original. :huhldup:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one knows how long Snyder’s version woulda been if it was released in the theaters. I doubt it woulda been 4 hours. Dude was able to make this version 4 hours because it was a streaming release.

And Endgame relied on rehashing old storylines to push the 3 hour mark. Nothing original. :huhldup:

thats why I put most of the blame on the studio. They hired the man, they should have let him cook. Especially once they received feedback on how people loved the directors cut of BvS over the theatrical cut. We could have got a solid 2.5/3 hr version of Justice League if they had just let him do his thing. We’ll never know.

As far as Endgame goes, it was the culmination of a series. My argument was that it would make sense it would be the longest film in the series. Whether you liked or hated it, is a completely different conversation

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
thats why I put most of the blame on the studio. They hired the man, they should have let him cook. Especially once they received feedback on how people loved the directors cut of BvS over the theatrical cut. We could have got a solid 2.5/3 hr version of Justice League if they had just let him do his thing. We’ll never know.

As far as Endgame goes, it was the culmination of a series. My argument was that it would make sense it would be the longest film in the series. Whether you liked or hated it, is a completely different conversation
I’m not arguing it’s length. I’m just saying it was a cop out story to use old scenes and remix them. I thought it was fun; I like time travel stuff. But it’s just poor writing to rely on previous work.