Official Justice League "Snyder Cut" Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
He reimagined WW who is nothing like the WW from the Patty Jenkins films, and neither is Aquaman.

Reimagined wonder woman...:mjlol:

Naw breh zack brought back wonder woman to how she should be like in BVS and wonder woman 1.

Its patty who changed diana's character in WW84 which is nothing llike she was in the first film an bvs

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Reimagined wonder woman...:mjlol:

Naw breh zack brought back wonder woman to how she should be like in BVS and wonder woman 1.

Its patty who changed diana's character in WW84 which is nothing llike she was in the first film an bvs

Yeah, still don't get why Patty did that :snoop:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. Took a while to get all the way through it (the way my 3 kids are set up, I ain't getting 4 uninterrupted hours to watch a movie) but it was good. I hope that enough buzz is generated that we get the sequels he was setting up.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Daps
Came here looking if there was a thread on this. Gonna compile quotes for the coli brehs who don't want to read the whole thing
The Justice League that Fisher had signed up for was a far cry from the film that Whedon ended up finishing. Snyder had Fisher talk at length with screenwriter Chris Terrio before there was even a script. "Zack and I always considered Cyborg's story to be the heart of the movie," Terrio tells THR. "He has the most pronounced character arc of any of the heroes," beginning from a place of despair and ending with a feeling that "he is whole and that he is loved." And Terrio says he and Snyder took the portrayal of the first Black superhero in the DC film universe "very seriously," adding, "With a white writer and white director, we both thought having the perspective of an actor of color was really important. And Ray is really good with story and character, so he became a partner in creating Victor," referring to the character's given name.

When new filming proceeded under Whedon, says Fisher, he came to feel that he had "to explain some of the most basic points of what would be offensive to the Black community.
Whedon sent out an email asking for questions, comments or "fulsome praise," but Fisher says it became clear: "All he was looking for was the fulsome praise." Trying to strike a jocular tone, Fisher responded that he mourned the loss of the Cyborg material but was moving on. He said he had notes to avoid issues in terms of representation of the character. But in a call with Whedon, Fisher says he had barely started to talk when the filmmaker cut him off. "It feels like I'm taking notes right now, and I don't like taking notes from anybody — not even Robert Downey Jr.," he said. Other sources on the project say Whedon was similarly dismissive of Gadot and Momoa when they questioned new lines.

Once Whedon got involved, Fisher says that Johns told him that it was problematic that Cyborg smiled only twice in the movie. Fisher says he later learned from a witness who participated in the investigation that Johns and other top executives, including then-DC Films co-chairman Jon Berg and Warners studio chief Toby Emmerich, had discussions in which they said they could not have "an angry Black man" at the center of the film. Johns' rep responds that once the chairman of the studio mandated a brighter tone for the film, all further discussions centered on "adding joy and hopefulness to all six superheroes. There are always conversations about avoiding any stereotype of race, gender or sexuality."
The tension only escalated when the issue of having Cyborg say "booyah" arose. That phrase had become a signature of the character thanks to the animated Teen Titans shows, but the character had never said it in the comics or in the original script. Fisher says that Johns had approached Snyder about including the line, but the director didn't want any catchphrases. He managed the situation by putting the word on some signs in his version of the film, as an Easter egg. But Johns' rep says the entire studio believed the booyah line was "a fun moment of synergy."

"This is one of the most expensive movies Warners has ever made," Berg said, according to Fisher. "What if the CEO of AT&T has a son or daughter, and that son or daughter wants Cyborg to say 'booyah' in the movie and we don't have a take of that? I could lose my job." Fisher responded that he knew if he filmed the line, it would end up in the movie. And he expressed skepticism that the film's fate rested on Cyborg saying "booyah."
White people are the fukking worst lmao
Multiple sources tell THR that the show's creators were passionate about doing some nontraditional casting and that Regé-Jean Page, who would go on to become a breakout star of Bridgerton, had auditioned for the role of Superman's grandfather. But Johns, who was overseeing the project, said Superman could not have a Black grandfather. The creators also wanted to make one superhero character, Adam Strange, gay or bisexual. But sources say Johns vetoed the idea.
Several sources who spoke to Fisher around this time were willing to talk to a Warners investigator. Among them was writer Nadria Tucker, who tweeted Feb. 24: "I haven't spoken to Geoff Johns since the day on Krypton when he tried to tell me what is and is not a Black thing." Tucker tells THR that Johns objected when a Black female character's hairstyle was changed in scenes that took place on different days. "I said Black women, we tend to change our hair frequently. It's not weird, it's a Black thing," she says. "And he said, 'No, it's not.'
As Fisher continued to air grievances on social media and in some interviews, he began to suspect that when he tweeted, the studio would put out an announcement to distract from his message. On July 1 — the day that Fisher tweeted about Whedon's behavior — Deadline published an exclusive saying Warners was making a live-action Frosty the Snowman movie with Aquaman star Jason Momoa "voicing the iconic snowman." A few weeks later, Momoa pushed back in an Instagram post. "I just think it's fukked up that people released a fake Frosty announcement without my permission to try to distract from Ray Fisher speaking up about the shytty way we were treated on Justice League reshoots," he wrote. "Serious stuff went down. It needs to be investigated and people need to be held accountable." (Warners says the "Untitled Snowman Comedy" remains in development.)
This one is just hilarious:mjlol: