invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
they didnt rush it
they just didnt want synder anymore
they broguht in whedon to wrap this shyt up in 1 movie and thats what we got
They were set to get big bonuses if the movie came out in a certain time. They were like sorry for you loss, but this movie needs to come out. You messing up our money. Somebody get Joss on the phone.

consequenceofsound.net /2017/11/warner-bros-execs-refused-to-delay-justice-league-release-date-for-fear-of-losing-bonuses-report/

Warner Bros. Execs Refused to Delay Justice League Release Date for Fear of Losing Bonuses: Report
Insiders say when Zack Snyder stepped aside, some wanted to push the release date, but an impending merger got in the way

consequenceofsound.net /2017/11/warner-bros-execs-refused-to-delay-justice-league-release-date-for-fear-of-losing-bonuses-report/
Warner Bros. Execs Refused to Delay Justice League Release Date for Fear of Losing Bonuses: Report
Ben Kaye
4-5 minutes

benkaye-e1399053624455.jpg

2017-11-30T18:35:42+00:00" title="This date and/or time has been adjusted to match your timezone">November 30, 2017 | 1:35pm ET

Justice League is officially a box office disaster. After failing to hit $100 million during its opening weekend, the latest entry in the DC Extended Universe is on track to lose Warner Bros. Pictures $50 to $100 million.

Critics point to the movie’s “Frankenstein” nature as a prime cause of its failure. Director Zack Snyder stepped down from the production following the suicide of his daughter, at which point Joss Whedon, the Avengers architect who had already been brought on for rewrites, took over. Their competing visions left the movie feeling like two distinct ideas smashed together, and a new report from TheWrap suggests there’s one reason why such a monster was allowed to be created: executive greed.

Sourcing from a number of unidentified insiders, TheWrap’s story tracks all the internal considerations that went into the final version of JL. It started when Snyder’s Batman v Superman ended up a critical flop. Studio execs pressured WB president Greg Silverman to fire the director from Justice League (ahem, called it), but under orders from studio CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Snyder stayed on. There was one condition, however: lighten the tone. So instead of replacing Snyder all together, Whedon was brought in to rework the script.

(Read: Why Justice League is the End of the DC Extended Universe as We Know It)

“They were already in deep prep on Justice League and it would have cost a fortune,” said one insider. “There’s stickiness to a director because there’s so much cost to unstick him. Warners is a studio that almost to a fault always wants to project strength.”

In December 2016, Silverman stepped down as president and was succeeded by Toby Emmerich. This was just two months after WB announced plans to merge with AT&T. If Emmerich’s first act as president of a major movie studio was to push the impending release date of a tentpole feature, it would have projected weakness that may have hurt the company’s value to AT&T.

At the same time, Snyder was struggling to reconcile his vision with the studio’s (and Whedon’s) when his daughter tragically died. The emotional wreckage made a hard work situation untenable, and Snyder left the film. At this point, with a mish-mash of behind the scenes ideas and just months until the planned Justice League release date, many executives thought postponing the film was the right move. However, Emmerich and Tsujihara apparently “wanted to preserve their bonuses they would be paid before the merger.” The fear was that if Justice League came out in 2018, the AT&T/WB merger may have forced Emmerich and Tsujihara out of the studio by the end of the year, meaning they wouldn’t get bonuses.

(Read: Should Warner Bros. Have Waited Before Confirming Zack Snyder for Justice League?)

“I think Warner Bros. biggest misstep was not pushing the release of Justice League when Snyder had to step aside,” an executive told TheWrap. Another insider noted that executives could be awarded bonuses “for making good decisions,” and if pushing JL ended up proving the right move, Emerich and Tsujihara’s extra cash could have been safe (merger depending).

In the end, deciding to keep the release date ahead of a potential merger may have ended up being a moot point. AT&T just extended the deadline for the merger (for the second time) to April in the face of pushback from Trump’s Justice Department. (Go figure, it all apparently has something to do with CNN.) Regardless, it’s hard to imagine a board rewarding top studio brass for a box office failure like Justice League with massive bonus checks, but hey, this is Hollywood.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
I see cats are caught up in the moment and are ODing with the hyperbole, but given how dogshyt the theatrical cut of this film was, I can understand why fans of these characters or franchise might be a bit over-the-top.

The negative? Snyder will be Snyder, with his usual quirks; self-indulgent and pretentious as fukk. I mean, what was with the gangly white singing bytches after Batman first met Aquaman? Mater of fact, the music video character intros were cringe throughout. Also, the issue with Superman being so OP that he renders the rest of the League moot is still there. Sure, there are examples of this from the comics, but the best League stores are when Superman is treated as a first among equals rather than being head and shoulders above everyone else.

The positives? This film was so much more cohesive from just a plot standpoint. Character motivations actually make sense for the most part, and the action was very well done. Also, Ray Fisher's beef with WB and Whedon makes much more sense after this. His scenes were much needed, and genuinely touching. This could have been a star-making performance for him. Also, the added stuff with Barry and Authur actually make me care about their characters, too. It wasn't hard to do, but this is much better than the theatrical cut and a pretty pleasant viewing experience once you get past the Snyderisms.

With all of that said, this version of the film wouldn't have been possible without the theatrical cut going down the way that it did. There is absolutely no way Warner would have let Snyder run with this 4 hour film in theaters coming off of the heels of the lackluster Batman V. Superman. Things kinda had to play out as they did for us to get this.

In retrospect they should have planned this as a trilogy from the start.

Justice League 1: Batman vs Superman
Justice League 2: Snyder Cut, 1st half
Justice League 3: Snyder Cut, 2nd Half

These idiots could have had a Star Wars type franchise.. Shyt they could even have done shyt like

Justice League 1: Batman vs Superman
The Flash: A Justice League Story
Justice League 2: Snyder Cut, 1st half
Cyborg: A Justice League Story
Martian Manhunter: A Justice League Story
Justice League 3: Snyder Cut, 2nd Half
Green Lantern: A Justice League Story

Short term thinking mofos.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Without the epilogue it is 3 1/2 I think
I’ve been thinking about this too. At first I was like no way cut would have gotten released in theaters, but when you think about it I can see some cuts that could get them down to Endgame length. The epilogue. The story of Cyborg putting money in that ladies account. Do away with the complete overdose on slow motion scenes. (Cmon Zach, 300 came out 15 years ago. It’s time to let it go.)

Did they really think they it was the right thing to staple the Martian man hunter in there like that? I halfway expecting him to tell Bruce “I’m just here for fan service.” Bruce should have cussed him out for sitting out the fight then trying to hop on the winning team talking bout can I be down with y’all?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I’ve been thinking about this too. At first I was like no way cut would have gotten released in theaters, but when you think about it I can see some cuts that could get them down to Endgame length. The epilogue. The story of Cyborg putting money in that ladies account. Do away with the complete overdose on slow motion scenes. (Cmon Zach, 300 came out 15 years ago. It’s time to let it go.)

Did they really think they it was the right thing to staple the Martian man hunter in there like that? I halfway expecting him to tell Bruce “I’m just here for fan service.” Bruce should have cussed him out for sitting out the fight then trying to hop on the winning team talking bout can I be down with y’all?
shyt would end up like the lord of the rings where the fans collectively embrace the extended cuts and hardly acknowledge the theatrical versions

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Damn this was a good movie :ehh:

way better than the original

really made me care more about Cyborg, flash and aquaman (even though we now have his own movie as reference)

Flash and cyborg really got to shine and I liked how powerful Superman and Wonder Woman felt

this Batman was cool too:obama:

that epilogue :whoo: we need Justice League 2

Let Snyder direct WW3 because 1984 was trash

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Is it even worth it to invest in this movie since the cinematic universe is pretty much....dead? Last I heard there won't be anymore Batman/Superman movies in the future or did they change their plans? (haven't been keeping up)

Daps
Is it even worth it to invest in this movie since the cinematic universe is pretty much....dead? Last I heard there won't be anymore Batman/Superman movies in the future or did they change their plans? (haven't been keeping up)

I kind of agree. I mean I think DC hopes deep down this will be a massive success and be able to restart the universe.

But idk man..

The new batman with Robert Pattinson looks amazing, let's just start with that and see if there should be any new batman movies let alone superman

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh there is a Robert Pattinson Batman movie coming out , Aqua man 2, flash , ww 3, d, suicide squad , black Adam , Shazam 2 and a jj Abrams that tah Nehisi Coates is writing

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kind of agree. I mean I think DC hopes deep down this will be a massive success and be able to restart the universe.

But idk man..

The new batman with Robert Pattinson looks amazing, let's just start with that and see if there should be any new batman movies let alone superman
They aren’t restarting anything they are still making movies with the same characters

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

But idk man..

That batman movie exist in its own universe, it's not part of the DCEU so it doesnt Matter how good or not it is, much like joker