Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Fam.
When you read some of these books you just get heated at how many crabs there was.

I think one of them jokers tried to take out Angela Davis too.
Smh
That was one of the BP's self inflicted wounds that sped up their downfall. They let pretty much anybody join up and didn't vet anyone. The Black Panther-Vanguard documentary went into detail about this. It was literally too easy for the feds and local police departments to slide a rat-mole into their ranks

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The Bokeem Woodbine joint?

I always thought it was cheesey and low budget

It had a mid-90s feel/look to it. But the movie focused more on the Panther's actions, and COINTELPRO. Overall, they are the same movie, with one focusing on the Panthers more, and this focusing on the mentality more.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That was one of the BP's self inflicted wounds that sped up their downfall. They let pretty much anybody join up and didn't vet anyone. The Black Panther-Vanguard documentary went into detail about this. It was literally too easy for the feds and local police departments to slide a rat-mole into their ranks
that doc was GREAT!!!

but yeah man, they was moving mad sloppy!

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
That was probably their greatest weakness, but it was also their greatest strength. The fact that they let anybody in made the Panthers very appealing. You had to be Muslim to be apart of NOI, many people felt that that to be Christian to follow King's movement, but anyone could be a Black Panther from the scholar to the street dude. The Panthers understood that there's strength in numbers and didn't care what you were as long as you were for the people.

Yeah, they should have at least tried to vet people, but the FBI are pros at this. As strict as the NOI is, FBI had informants in there too. I don't think there's any organization in America the FBI couldn't infiltrate if they truly want to get into.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
What did your nephew think about the movie
He said he enjoyed it. One thing that stood out amongst the rest was how he saw how informants infiltrated the movement and how it parallels to today. Also got to talk with him about how King and other leaders had to be protected by our soldiers (a la Crowns) when they came into certain towns and again, how do we see parallels to today or not.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
For the Chicago brehs, were the Crowns a real gang? I'm vaguely familiar with Chicago gangs cuz we have many of the same gangs in Flint (GDs, BDs, BG's, El Rukens, VLs, etc). I wonder was the Crowns made up for the movie cuz they didn't want to depict the real gang for some reason.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
For the Chicago brehs, were the Crowns a real gang? I'm vaguely familiar with Chicago gangs cuz we have many of the same gangs in Flint (GDs, BDs, BG's, El Rukens, VLs, etc). I wonder was the Crowns made up for the movie cuz they didn't want to depict the real gang for some reason.

They actually spoke about them right after meeting with the Crowns the second go around. One of the characters mumbled that they should speak with the Stones and Disciples.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Just heard on a podcast that O'neal was only 17 when this went down. I wish the movie did a better job of making note of how young both he and Hamoton were.

Exactly. 17 year old informant. That makes the movie completely different. They got the both of them seeming like 30 year old grown men.

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

I kinda assumed the Crowns were a stand-in for the Lords since the Black Panther headquarters are on the west side of Chicago where I hear there are a lot of VL sets. I just wasn't sure. I also remember the CVLs being more political than the other Chicago gangs.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Random lady of rage cameo when he was released from jail :pachaha:

L4n8uK7l.png