Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Nah, never knew about it before, only looked it up just now cause of @valet's comment. Was just peeping to see if there were any gay Panthers on the level of a Bayard Rustin or some shyt, and all that stuff from Huey popped up right from Google.

You can have fun trolling TLR if you want, I already told Brooklyn that I'm done with that forum and the Coli until they get better mods. It's just a trash heap of alt-right incels, fake militants, conspiracy theorists and trolls now.

I don't post there either or troll.

Just funny reading stuff like what you found knowing how a lot of the brehs in there think. That shyt wouldn't compute for most.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
forrest whittaker played idi amin. denzel played steve biko, chadman played black panther, halle berry played storm in x men laurence fishburne played mandela, morgan freeman played Mandela.. terence howard played mandela.. jennifer hudson played winnie mandela etc etc it's a silly position to take.. we are all one family
Were not tho

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Do you think an ADOS should be allowed to play the role if they were never a Black Panther and didn't themselves grow up in segregation? What if they didn't major in pre-law like Hampton did? If they're an outspoken Trump/Biden supporter, should they still get the role or should it go to someone else? What if they're rich? Or stupid?

More deflection

Like there isn't more of a reverence for non ados acting skills than regular black ppl

Even from ADOS directors

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
More deflection

Like there isn't more of a reverence for non ados acting skills than regular black ppl

Even from ADOS directors
Wait, if you're not ADOS then you're not a "regular" Black person anymore? Y'all just goofy with it. :snoop:

You're talking the director who put a huge jetpack into Michael B. Jordan's career and who also directed Octavia Spencer, Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad, and Chadwick Boseman in feature roles. If you think there is a particular actor who was available who wanted the role and could have nailed it, then advocate for them. But making every damn casting choice into a "ADOS vs. non-ADOS!" deathmatch is just lame.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Wait, if you're not ADOS then you're not a "regular" Black person anymore? Y'all just goofy with it. :snoop:

You're talking the director who put a huge jetpack into Michael B. Jordan's career and who also directed Octavia Spencer, Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad, and Chadwick Boseman in feature roles. If you think there is a particular actor who was available who wanted the role and could have nailed it, then advocate for them. But making every damn casting choice into a "ADOS vs. non-ADOS!" deathmatch is just lame.

Ommmmmmg bruh

Yall get more mad at the wording than the fukking content

Yes that wasn't the correct verbiage but you know what I meant

Its early

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
say who.. on what grounds
Are Asians, are Arabs, are any other race of ppl all part of the same family as defined by race

Or are they split by nationality?

This only gets said because in the caste system of the United States Black ppl are viewed as the lowest

I dont let other peoples perception of me define who is part of my tribe and who is not

And even in Africa....ppl are divided

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Are Asians, are Arabs, are any other race of ppl all part of the same family as defined by race

This only gets said because in the caste system of the United States Black ppl are viewed as the lowest

I dont let other peoples perception of me define who is part of my tribe and who is not

You think White people care when Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln or when Andrew Lincoln stars as a Southern cop? When Anthony Hopkins plays multiple American presidents in different roles or when Henry Cavill plays Superman? Do most White Americans even know that Keanu Reeves, Natalie Portman, Margot Robbie, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Heath Ledger, and Emma Thompson ain't Americans event though they have all played Americans with no complaints? Tom Hiddleston played Hank Williams, Michael Fassbender played Steve Jobs, Tom Wilkinson played LBJ, etc., etc.

Nah, they don't give a shyt. You know why? Because there are PLENTY of White roles. And we should be fighting for more Black roles across the board, not playing crab in a bucket games when a Black director with power is on the come up.

Hell, you know that Bruce Lee crime series you were talking about on Netflicks? They cast a half-White half-Japanese guy from England to play the Chinese lead.

You liked The Void right? British guy playing the Canadian hero.

How about The Wire? Jimmy is played by a Brit.

How about Homeland? The White American military hero/congressman is played by a Brit. His best friend in the military? Played by a Canadian. The Al-Queda guy is played by an Iranian, the Pakistani is played by an Indian, and the Taliban is played by a Turk.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
You think White people care when Daniel Day-Lewis plays Abraham Lincoln or when Andrew Lincoln stars as a Southern cop? When Anthony Hopkins plays multiple American presidents in different roles or when Henry Cavill plays Superman? Do most White Americans even know that Keanu Reeves, Natalie Portman, Margot Robbie, Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Heath Ledger, and Emma Thompson ain't Americans event though they have all played Americans with no complaints? Tom Hiddleston played Hank Williams, Michael Fassbender played Steve Jobs, Tom Wilkinson played LBJ, etc., etc.

Nah, they don't give a shyt. You know why? Because there are PLENTY of White roles. And we should be fighting for more Black roles across the board, not playing crab in a bucket games when a Black director with power is on the come up.

If you not my tribe...why can't I do both?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If you not my tribe...why can't I do both?
Because no one ever gets ahead alone, and the more infighting and tearing apart we do of our own, the worse we're gonna do.

Do you view Coogler and King as being part of your tribe? Because I'm pretty sure they view Kaluuya as a part of their tribe. So for you to tell them, "fukk this dude and anyone like him, he's not one of us", that's not fighting for your own, that's just tearing down others. You can't seriously think anyone gonna get ahead that way. Who has that worked out for?

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Because no one ever gets ahead alone, and the more infighting and tearing apart we do of our own, the worse we're gonna do.

Do you view Coogler and King as being part of your tribe? Because I'm pretty sure they view Kaluuya as a part of their tribe. So for you to tell them, "fukk this dude and anyone like him, he's not one of us", that's not fighting for your own, that's just tearing down others. You can't seriously think anyone gonna get ahead that way. Who has that worked out for?

I put my ppl first.

This is all yall do is deflect deflect deflect

Did I say no African should get a acting job ever?

No

But is there a clear preference right now over ADOS ppl

Yup

We don't even have a real name for ourselves

You don't ever have a problem when shyt is centric on someone's nationality

But the moment we do it it's a problem

I dont give a fukk about how you feel...because you aint my tribe

jackson35

Banned
Daps

we don't give a fukk about caste system or the position of the us on African people. we are talking about ados bullshyt that african people are not suppose to believe in. brother kaluuya was born in london,but his folks are from Uganda. idi amin invited black folks to come live, but most of us decided to stay in the us for some strange reason

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Can yall please not bring this dumb bullshyt to the film room!
It's one of the few places of peace on this board.
Take all that ados shyt to tlr.
Just comment on the movie and leave all that other garbage to other sections.
Yea

I didn't start it tho