Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Joaquin my dude but judging off the trailers, he ain't fukkin' with da gawd...
giphy.gif
To be fair most of the world was not thrilled when Heath Ledger was announced me included. I'm not doubting Joaquin Phoenix. In

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Quips ain't got nothing to do with it. This doesn't look like a good movie. A joker origin flick made up out of thin air with no source material. :mjpls:

I will say one thing tho. People will either love and praise it no matter what, make excuses for why it sucked or realized it suck day one.
The Dark Knight was the first time the Joker didn't have chemically bleached skin and hair.:jbhmm:

Logan barely uses any basis from existing comics other than the premise of him being the only X-Men left in the future. :jbhmm:

One would almost be left to believe that faithfulness to the source material or not does not define the quality of a film.

:jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Dark Knight was the first time the Joker didn't have chemically bleached skin and hair.:jbhmm:

Logan barely uses any basis from existing comics other than the premise of him being the only X-Men left in the future. :jbhmm:

One would almost be left to believe that faithfulness to the source material or not does not define the quality of a film.

:jbhmm:

Yup. Get the character right and you can change those minor details and make them work for the story you’re trying to tell.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Here you go.

Not all films are supposed to make you feel good about life (or like a beautiful little Disney princess :dame:)

Case in point, watch You Were Never Really Here, which is basically the art house version of what The Joker is trying to be.

American cinema once had a space for these kind of films. Not everything has to be escapism. And I'm not even necessarily pointing out everyone in this thread, but it speaks to the current trend of mainstream cinema. The life is being choked out of it by Disney and other major studies.

Ya'll can play your little stan wars. I'm not about that. I love cinema and it saddens me to see what it is turning into, and honestly you can rewind all the way back to mid 70s with Jaws and Star Wars as being the turning point. This shyt hasn't happened over night. It's been a long process but I feel like we're finallly at the complete corporatization of American cinema.

But it's whatever...it's what the audiences want. I'm a minority in this but fukk it...why even complain this point. The suits and man-children won. Rant over :mjcry:
Not reading that shyt

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
Here you go.

Not all films are supposed to make you feel good about life (or like a beautiful little Disney princess :dame:)

Case in point, watch You Were Never Really Here, which is basically the art house version of what The Joker is trying to be.

American cinema once had a space for these kind of films. Not everything has to be escapism. And I'm not even necessarily pointing out everyone in this thread, but it speaks to the current trend of mainstream cinema. The life is being choked out of it by Disney and other major studies.

Ya'll can play your little stan wars. I'm not about that. I love cinema and it saddens me to see what it is turning into, and honestly you can rewind all the way back to mid 70s with Jaws and Star Wars as being the turning point. This shyt hasn't happened over night. It's been a long process but I feel like we're finallly at the complete corporatization of American cinema.

But it's whatever...it's what the audiences want. I'm a minority in this but fukk it...why even complain this point. The suits and man-children won. Rant over :mjcry:
Its still real to me headass:mjlol:

But i agree breh, i miss true originality in movies:mjcry:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It Would Be Kinda Hard To Explain Falling In A Vat Of Chemicals And Coming Out Looking Like A Clown In A Serious Movie

Not really, it’s a movie and anything can be explained. They make the rules and as long as THEY play is seriously

Sin City was a fairly serious movie and that worked out

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The whole Joker fell into acid and came out looking like a clown is some of the most retarded shyt ever. :Laff:

Same people calling for this probably want Wolverine to run around in a yellow costume.

Comics and films are two completely different mediums. What works for one does not neccessarily work for the other.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The whole Joker fell into acid and came out looking like a clown is some of the most retarded shyt ever. :Laff:

Same people calling for this probably want Wolverine to run around in a yellow costume.

Comics and films are two completely different mediums. What works for one does not neccessarily work for the other.

But why not?

Like who made the rules that say it shouldn’t or can’t?

Like we sit here and act or pretend it IS a problem with Wolverine wearing the yellow costume, but we have no problem with Wonder Woman fighting in pretty much a “dress”

And going even further, we never have any problem with any movie how when aliens invade and come to earth, they ALL KNOW AND SPEAK perfect Americans English and breath oxygen. As proven when the human characters get on their ships or face their elements.

It’s all too silly when we pick and choose when or what we want to suspend our disbelief on vs just stop being a right seat driver and just be the passenger of where they trynna take us

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
But why not?

Like who made the rules that say it shouldn’t or can’t?

Like we sit here and act or pretend it IS a problem with Wolverine wearing the yellow costume, but we have no problem with Wonder Woman fighting in pretty much a “dress”

And going even further, we never have any problem with any movie how when aliens invade and come to earth, they ALL KNOW AND SPEAK perfect Americans English and breath oxygen. As proven when the human characters get on their ships or face their elements.

It’s all too silly when we pick and choose when or what we want to suspend our disbelief on vs just stop being a right seat driver and just be the passenger of where they trynna take us

Comics have a very particular visual and storytelling language. I mean....you COULD do it. You could do a frame by frame adaptation of The Killing Joke. But that shyt would be dumb. Look at Snyder's Watchmen. Just fanboy nonsense that had no conidertation on how to work as a film.

It's the same with novels...look at what Kubrick did to his adapatations of The Shining, Dr Strangelove and Eyes Wide Shut. He gutted them, completely transformed them into great films but very different from what they were as novels. The comic book nerds need to realise that no text is too sacred. Hollywood owns these shyts and they will do whatever the fukk they want with them and (IMO) the comic book films that work the best are the ones that pay as little regard to the source material as possible (namely Burton's two Batman films, Batman Begin, The Dark Knight).

The Joker looks in that vein. It's essential Scorsese cosplay with a comic book villain as the lead. Kinda like The Dark Knight being a Michael Mann homage that happens to be set in Gotham.