Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
back in the day you don't hate or like something without watching or listening to it first in its entirety!

Unless it's not your vibe then pass it by and keep it moving.
As a proud supporter of the art of hating I don't fully agree with this, but there is a point where if it is just obvious as hell that the tone and atmosphere of a movie doesn't gel with you, you should probably just accept it's not for you and move on. Mahfukkas have no issue doing this when it's some weird arthouse flick or a Woody Allen movie, but somehow for a pop culture flick it's different.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
"Oh no it's too dark, my parents won't let me see this.. "

:mjlol:

Some y'all make me laugh tho it's all good..

Disney's infantilization of mainstream culture is very apparent in some of these responses. Sad stuff but predictable.

And don't hit me with that Marvel vs DC shyt because i can't stand 90% of all comic book movies no matter the brand.

I'm even sure this looks that great to be honest, but the "but but but where's the joy...it'll make me sad :( " responses are embarrassing. Grow the fukk up.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Disney's infantilization of mainstream culture is very apparent in some of these responses. Sad stuff but predictable.

And don't hit me with that Marvel vs DC shyt because i can't stand 90% of all comic book movies no matter the brand.

I'm even sure this looks that great to be honest, but the "but but but where's the joy...it'll make me sad :( " responses are embarrassing. Grow the fukk up.

I agree. Logan is the second greatest comic book film of all time, in my opinion (and I've even contemplated putting at #1.) The movie deals with so many heavy topics. It's also violent and intense. There's barely any joy in the film, but I love it nonetheless. I don't need every comic book film to be flashy and vibrant and full puns and references with the audience cheering and laughing.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Confused at all the hate. You brehs can't see a movie without fukking quips every 2 min? Foh

Quips ain't got nothing to do with it. This doesn't look like a good movie. A joker origin flick made up out of thin air with no source material. :mjpls:

I will say one thing tho. People will either love and praise it no matter what, make excuses for why it sucked or realized it suck day one.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

I agree. Logan is the second greatest comic book film of all time, in my opinion (and I've even contemplated putting at #1.) The movie deals with so many heavy topics. It's also violent and intense. There's barely any joy in the film, but I love it nonetheless. I don't need every comic book film to be flashy and vibrant and full puns and references with the audience cheering and laughing.

Can you cut and paste where anyone complained about darkness or a lack of joy. At this point you guys sound like you're making shyt up to argue with a perspective that was never stated. Nobody goes into a Joker film looking for joy. Show some receipts that anyone said that.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Here you go.

looks like one of the most joyless films ever made. gonna have to be in a mood to watch this, but will watch this
walking away even more depressed from a movie:mjcry:

Not all films are supposed to make you feel good about life (or like a beautiful little Disney princess :dame:)

Case in point, watch You Were Never Really Here, which is basically the art house version of what The Joker is trying to be.

American cinema once had a space for these kind of films. Not everything has to be escapism. And I'm not even necessarily pointing out everyone in this thread, but it speaks to the current trend of mainstream cinema. The life is being choked out of it by Disney and other major studies.

Ya'll can play your little stan wars. I'm not about that. I love cinema and it saddens me to see what it is turning into, and honestly you can rewind all the way back to mid 70s with Jaws and Star Wars as being the turning point. This shyt hasn't happened over night. It's been a long process but I feel like we're finallly at the complete corporatization of American cinema.

But it's whatever...it's what the audiences want. I'm a minority in this but fukk it...why even complain this point. The suits and man-children won. Rant over :mjcry:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Here you go.

Not all films are supposed to make you feel good about life (or like a beautiful little Disney princess :dame:)

Case in point, watch You Were Never Really Here, which is basically the art house version of what The Joker is trying to be.

American cinema once had a space for these kind of films. Not everything has to be escapism. And I'm not even necessarily pointing out everyone in this thread, but it speaks to the current trend of mainstream cinema. The life is being choked out of it by Disney and other major studies.

Ya'll can play your little stan wars. I'm not about that. I love cinema and it saddens me to see what it is turning into, and honestly you can rewind all the way back to mid 70s with Jaws and Star Wars as being the turning point. This shyt hasn't happened over night. It's been a long process but I feel like we're finallly at the complete corporatization of American cinema.

But it's whatever...it's what the audiences want. I'm a minority in this but fukk it...why even complain this point. The suits and man-children won. Rant over :mjcry:

Eh, I think you're conflating people's skepticism about watching a film about an emo abused Joker with stan wars. I doubt anyone would complain about a truly dark Joker film that was in line with his depiction in the comics. He's a dark character. I'm pretty sure the word "joy" as used in those quotes refers to the character's enjoyment of killing and causing chaos. People aren't complaining about the darkness, they're complaining about a premise that attributes his darkness to a fragile tortured emo kid who just didn't get a fair shake in life. It completely takes away some of the "fun" of Joker's craziness and turns it into something sympathetic and relatable. Some people don't want that in their Joker and it doesn't have anything to do with a stan war. Part of the Joker's appeal, at least for me, is we (and Batman) doesn't really know what makes him tick. He's chaos defined, an egnima. It may still turn out to be a good movie, but we're all here speculating based on trailers, so I really don't think it's fair to paint anyone who has a negative impression of the trailer as some sort of delusional stan loyalist. My favorite movies are nihilist and have unhappy endings. I'm just not feeling the trailer of this as a Joker movie. If you scrapped the Joker part off, I'd probably be more hyped about it because it does look like it could be a quality movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As a proud supporter of the art of hating I don't fully agree with this, but there is a point where if it is just obvious as hell that the tone and atmosphere of a movie doesn't gel with you, you should probably just accept it's not for you and move on. Mahfukkas have no issue doing this when it's some weird arthouse flick or a Woody Allen movie, but somehow for a pop culture flick it's different.
This may be the most thoughtful and insightful thing you’ve ever said. Or maybe I need to start smoking again

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Sometimes, the best story to tell is the most conventional one.

Joker has existed a lot longer as a character than the current climate of what the Coli keeps calling incel’s. Between the 50’s and the 80’s they basically had trauma make him go crazy without ever clearly defining it as cannon....so do you think he should fall into a Vat of chemicals instead so they can make you feel like they aren’t making him a mass shooter????

Will be there opening night and will most likely love it.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Women haters were furious over Captain Marvel, breh.
Captain Marvel is the stupidest fukking shyt ever | Incels - Involuntary Celibacy
262tl0eisij21.jpg
7wv47bKl.jpg

And you know damn well there's gonna some crazy white boys walkin outta Joker on some "He's my new hero" shyt. Probably the very same ones who hated Captain Marvel actually:pachaha:

This film will cause all sorts of internet foolery, I can see TLR threads calling posters c00ns for liking this film :francis: