Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What problems? Aquaman just printed money. It made well over a billion. Wonder Woman is printing money. Margot Robbie next movie is gonna print money. Shazam was low budget and made money.

I really don't think a lot of you have any clue about the financials :manny:

If D.C. didn't have any problems then we would already have the Flash movie that was scheduled, they wouldn't be potentially replacing Superman and the Cyborg movie would still be on the horizon. While they had a few wins and are moving in the right direction, to say they don't have problems is disingenuous when you didn't mention their flagship team among their successes and their movie was only 2 years ago.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What problems? Aquaman just printed money. It made well over a billion. Wonder Woman is printing money. Margot Robbie next movie is gonna print money. Shazam was low budget and made money.

I really don't think a lot of you have any clue about the financials :manny:

Look at this idiot, yes Aquaman and Wonder woman made money, who says Birds of Prey 'will print money' wasn't that said of Suicide Squad!! Warner Bros/ DC aim is to catch and overtake Marvel, two movies doing well at the BO is not enough have you not seen the issues around securing Cavil as Superman, Ben Affleck walking away, The Flash movie moving slowly, having to scrap Synder's entire vision while it's in motion, the failure of Suicide Squad. You dudes are so simple it's actually hilarious.

So again tell me how two movies doing well at the BO negates the problems they have

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Look at this idiot, yes Aquaman and Wonder woman made money, who says Birds of Prey 'will print money' wasn't that said of Suicide Squad!!

Breh Suicide Squad did crazy bank and might have come close to a billy if China didn't boycott it.

Justice League is the only DC flop.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh Suicide Squad did crazy bank and might have come close to a billy if China didn't boycott it.

Justice League is the only DC flop.

Failure =/= just a flop though.

The Mark Webb Spider-Man movies definitely didn't flop....it doesn't change the fact that Sony wanted to reboot the franchise. The same goes for "Suicide Squad". If it was a slam dunk there would be a sequel, not a reboot.

There is other factors that come into play when discussing what's considered a failure. The DCEU is effectively dead, if everything was going according to plan that wouldn't have happened.

The DC situation isn't as dire as people make it out to be....but this isn't how they envisioned things, obviously. In a perfect world we'd be heading into "Justice League 3" and a fight with Darkseid.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The DC situation isn't as dire as people make it out to be....but this isn't how they envisioned things, obviously.

This is a dead talking point. First of all @Roid Jones has no idea what he's talking about. Suicide Squad made over $700M on a budget that wasn't too crazy. That is more than a lot of comic book movies and it also sold a lot merchandise and other shyt.

IF it was a complete fail like he said Margot Robbie wouldn't be handed the keys to make a Harley Quinn spin off. Obviously. There is no disputing that.

There is also no disputing that Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both huge successes and Shazam did well for what it is.

If you wanna talk about the Justice League situation go head but what does it have to do with what is going on currently? It's an entirely different company. AT&T merged with Warner Bros. All the executives are different. Their plan for future DC films is different. That's why it's a dead talking point.

It's like when people say oh this football team hasn't won in Chicago in 10 years. What's the point of the stat when it's completely different players?

See this is why I'm one of the most level headed posters in the film room. :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is a dead talking point. First of all @Roid Jones has no idea what he's talking about. Suicide Squad made over $700M on a budget that wasn't too crazy. That is more than a lot of comic book movies and it also sold a lot merchandise and other shyt.

IF it was a complete fail like he said Margot Robbie wouldn't be handed the keys to make a Harley Quinn spin off. Obviously. There is no disputing that.

There is also no disputing that Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both huge successes and Shazam did well for what it is.

If you wanna talk about the Justice League situation go head but what does it have to do with what is going on currently? It's an entirely different company. AT&T merged with Warner Bros. All the executives are different. Their plan for future DC films is different. That's why it's a dead talking point.

It's like when people say oh this football team hasn't won in Chicago in 10 years. What's the point of the stat when it's completely different players?

See this is why I'm one of the most level headed posters in the film room. :manny:
in your analogy, dc's current players haven't won any championships EVER. DC had rings with their OG runs, and then again with the Dark knight runs... They been fukking up the DCU (Not making the playoffs) and now they got a whole new team, and they back in the offs............

But, and I swear to god, no fan shyt better start........... BUT Marvel got the rings. And there ain't 3 contenders here. You want a comic book universe. You going to either Marvel or DC. We have no past indication that these dudes can make it work beyond single movies.. All we got is a little hope for their upside. But where's their Jordan, Lebron, Kobe?? They got excellent role players. Where's that 1.5 billion dollar batman movie? Superman movie? WW and Aqua are good... But they ain't flagship. Marvel trotting out straight up bullshyt, terrible movies with C-list characters and milking it. Off the strength of "It's in the universe" so people will go

We ALL waiting for DC to be that. I want 2 golden states... I need DC to win. I got too many favorites over there to keep rebooting this shyt every 5 years... Get it together :damn:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Where's that 1.5 billion dollar batman movie? Superman movie? WW and Aqua are good... But they ain't flagship.

wait..how are Aquaman and WW not flagship? Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel for christ sake. It's well over a billion. Wonder Woman sequel probably gonna do big business.

But as far as Batman goes there's a thread on The Batman. Matt Reeves is directing, the guy that did the Planet of the Apes trilogy. I don't know if it's gonna do "$1.5 billion" but if it's good it should do very well.

I don't know if we gonna see more team ups or not, MCU hasn't announced team ups, DC aint gonna try it again until they produce more solo joints.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The thing people aren't realizing here is this Joker movie cost nothing to make. Like, nothing. It's a low budget art house type flick about a super villain. If that's not for you so be it but I'd be surprised if it "flopped". It don't have to make much to be a big success. I actually think more comic book movies should be grounded. I'm tired of all the big third act "spectacle" shyt :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't even know what you're talking about breh. Or the over arching discussion.

If you're telling me DC wanted to scrap the DCEU, you're delusional. If you're not saying that, then I'm not sure what the debate is.

Like I said, ideally we'd be heading into "Justice League 3" and a Darkseid fight. That was obviously the original plan. If you're telling me they wanted to scrap their connected universe, and reboot "Suicide Squad"....again, that's pure delusion. Yes, "Wonder Woman", "Aquaman" and "Shazam" were all hits but that has nothing to do with anything. It would be like if the MCU's end goal was a fight with Thanos and they scrapped that....but had 2-3 hit movies. It's apples and oranges.

And you saying you're level headed doesn't mean much. People know you're partial to DC. Which is fine, but let's cut the bullshyt out. The ATT merger didn't randomly kill off the DCEU. It wasn't doing well long before that. You're acting like the DCEU was a massive success, going according to plan and ATT just decided to sink it out of the clear blue sky.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
wait..how are Aquaman and WW not flagship? Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel for christ sake. It's well over a billion. Wonder Woman sequel probably gonna do big business.

But as far as Batman goes there's a thread on The Batman. Matt Reeves is directing, the guy that did the Planet of the Apes trilogy. I don't know if it's gonna do "$1.5 billion" but if it's good it should do very well.

I don't know if we gonna see more team ups or not, MCU hasn't announced team ups, DC aint gonna try it again until they produce more solo joints.
I said flagship... Not A list characters.. Yes WW is a top known character in the universe.. But DC is batman and superman. This would be like if Spiderman and X-men suck for Marvel. That's their flagship properties

I know bats is coming. But I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt based on 2 movies right now. They headed in the right direction. I'm not sure how it's gonna work with all these jokers running around. But they can get it together. Or maybe put Joquin in Batman if it's nice. Then bring around Superman

But its a lot of ifs and a damn near reboot on their main people. What I quoted sounded like they already made it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't even know what you're talking about breh. Or the over arching discussion.

If you're telling me DC wanted to scrap the DCEU, you're delusional. If you're not saying that, then I'm not sure what the debate is.

Like I said, ideally we'd be heading into "Justice League 3" and a Darkseid fight. That was obviously the original plan. If you're telling me they wanted to scrap their connected universe, and reboot "Suicide Squad"....again, that's pure delusion. Yes, "Wonder Woman", "Aquaman" and "Shazam" were all hits but that has nothing to do with anything. It would be like if the MCU's end goal was a fight with Thanos and they scrapped that....but had 2-3 hit movies. It's apples and oranges.

And you saying you're level headed doesn't mean much. People know you're partial to DC. Which is fine, but let's cut the bullshyt out. The ATT merger didn't randomly kill off the DCEU. It wasn't doing well long before that. You're acting like the DCEU was a massive success, going according to plan and ATT just decided to sink it out of the clear blue sky.

Fred.

I have no idea what your first paragraph is about. Where did I say any of that shyt? You know what my point is because I laid it out pretty simple for everyone to easily understand. No need to play dumb here because I'm not into playing those back and forth games.

For example, you saying I'm partial to DC is a game. I give damn near every MCU movie praise. I don't need to pull up the receipts, almost all of my "reviews" of Marvel movies are good to great. There are some that I thought were downright terrible, too. But I have praised them more than anything.

Also, I didn't watch Justice League in theaters. Facts. Look at the thread. I watched it months later and I talked about how trash it is.. facts.

Let me move on to the next point. No, this isn't what DC was originally headed for, where did I say it was? :jbhmm:

I said it's a "dead" talking point. It's a dead talking point because 1. all of the executives are gone and 2. the DCEU doesn't really "exist".. they've made press releases about what the plan is. They are doing solo joints, maybe loosely connected at times and they are also doing side projects that are alt universe type films. That is what Joker is supposed to be.

Now, why am I the level headed one in here? Because I am the only one who uses numbers and facts to back up my arguments. I'm not going to argue too much in a "Lion King" movie thread because even if it's objectively trash it was always going to make a lot of money and the studio got what they wanted out of it and everyone pretty much agrees with it. Movie is trash and it still made money. Nobody is arguing.

In the DC threads, however, and I've told you this before.. there are posters who bring up meaningless talking points that no longer even exist and try to derail the threads just as they have done on this page. And you are going along with it. What does "Justice League 3" have to do with Joker and Shazam and future releases? Nothing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

"Flagship" means the best or most important thing.

Aquaman and WW are not flagship compared to Batman and Superman. Obviously. Regardless of how much money the movies made. Matter of fact, that speaks more to them dropping the ball with Batman and Superman, than Aquaman and WW actually being flagship characters.

And if we start comparing how much money movies made shyt goes left real fast. Yes Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel....but Guardians Of The Galaxy did more than Justice League. And the same as a Batman & Superman movie.

Who in their right mind would argue GOTG is a flagship property, on the same level as Batman and Superman though? You'd have to be nuts.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
"Flagship" means the best or most important thing.

Aquaman and WW are not flagship compared to Batman and Superman. Obviously. Regardless of how much money the movies made. Matter of fact, that speaks more to them dropping the ball with Batman and Superman, than Aquaman and WW actually being flagship characters.

And if we start comparing how much money movies made shyt goes left real fast. Yes Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel....but

Hold on... HOLD IT... let me stop you right there. See, you are kinda revealing a lot here in this discussion. See, I said Aquaman made more than Captain Marvel because Captain Marvel is a franchise player in the MCU and everyone agreed that Cap Marvel was a huge success. So my point was look.. Aquaman was also a huge success..

But you took what I said and thought I was going a "stan" route with it and I wasn't. My comparison was valid because both movies came out around the same time and it was a point to prove that Aquaman did exceedingly well despite some here apparently trying to argue against that and push a narrative that it didn't...

And again, you are bringing up old shyt. Could Batman vs. Superman made more money? Sure, I don't know how much more. It made as much as Spider Man with Iron Man and those are two flagship characters so what more do they need. Maybe $875M should have been $1.2 billion? Maybe? So what?

You are continuing to bring up points that are irrelevant to the future of the studio. Batman was DEAD once before, remember? After the Jim Carrey movie the property was dead.... Nolan brought it back and adjusted for inflation it is still one of the biggest comic book franchises to date. You are acting like Batman can't be brought back. :laugh:

Also by your definition Wonder Woman is a flagship character. She is part of the trinity.