IM2
IM3
Thor 2
AOU

And some average/mediocre joints

Thor 1
Ant man 1 and 2
Captain Marvel

But kept the machine moving like long good book with a few bad chapters with a monumental payoff ( with a shyt ton more to come) always waiting in the wings vs a chaotic at best, dark, destructive music video filled cring worthy BVS and JL with no build-up and tossing everything at the kitchen sink and hoping the name sells that bad boy.

I think DC has much better villians and more risk taking opportunity. The recent moves give me hope.

Yeah, maybe they should have just stuck to their guns and continued with the DCEU? They kinda chickened out, they weren't doing great but they are also weren't doing terrible. The big mistake was BvS, they thought they were gonna break the bank and change the comic book movie conversation. When that didn't happen they lost confidence IMO and cancelled the Flash like 3 times, didn't do Green Lantern or a MoS sequel. Plus, Affleck and Snyder's personal problems didn't help either. Eh, they did have some bad luck but they should have doubled down instead of shying away.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, maybe they should have just stuck to their guns and continued with the DCEU? They kinda chickened out, they weren't doing great but they are also weren't doing terrible. The big mistake was BvS, they thought they were gonna break the bank and change the comic book movie conversation. When that didn't happen they lost confidence IMO and cancelled the Flash like 3 times, didn't do Green Lantern or a MoS sequel. Plus, Affleck and Snyder's personal problems didn't help either. Eh, they did have some bad luck but they should have doubled down instead of shying away.

That was the debacle. And JL was so far deep it would have been much MUCH BETTER OFF BEING SHELVED OR TOTALLY RESHOT FROM THE GROUND UP.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is a big difference between having

22 flicks connected that took their time over 11 years

And had a few stinkers
IM2
IM3
Thor 2
AOU

Thor 1
Ant man 1 and 2
Captain Marvel

But kept the machine moving like long good book with a few bad chapters with a monumental payoff ( with a shyt ton more to come) always waiting in the wings vs a chaotic at best, dark, destructive music video filled cring worthy BVS and JL with no build-up and tossing everything at the kitchen sink and hoping the name sells that bad boy.

I think DC has much better villians and more risk taking opportunity. The recent moves give me hope.

Exactly.

And what cats don't seem to understand is, a mediocre Thor movie isn't the same as a mediocre Batman V Superman movie or Justice League movie. Hell, the entire MCU is B tier (Thor) to literally Z tier (GOTG) characters....the expectations are far less for Marvel. You can't fukk up Batman or Superman, or Justice League....you can fukk up Antman.

Fred.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You can't fukk up Batman or Superman, or Justice League...

Fred.
But its not like they hadn't fukked up Batman and Superman before. And those fukk ups were colossal.

Hell, the multiple fukk ups of Superman likely contrubuted to the apathy that there was from a lot of folks for Man of Steel before anyone had even seen one frame from it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't fukk up Batman
lbzb53tdh1h4dpbbaued.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It wasn't long ago either.... I was a kid. Then, a mere few years later Batman was back breaking records with The Dark Knight trilogy and one of the film is still regarded as the best comic book movie ever.

Like I been saying all along.. this argument is tired and the only people who have an appetite for it are more than likely stans of another studio as sad as it is it appears to ring true lol. People can't just enjoy two flavors of ice cream. It's weird and also corny.

None of this discussion has anything to do with the future of DC heroes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But its not like they hadn't fukked up Batman and Superman before. And those fukk ups were colossal.

Hell, the multiple fukk ups of Superman likely contrubuted to the apathy that there was from a lot of folks for Man of Steel before anyone had even seen one frame from it.

I don't think you guys understood my point. :gucci:

Clearly they can fukk up those characters. I'm saying nobody cares if you make a mediocre Antman, or Thor, or Ironman movie. People definitely care if you fukk up Batman or Superman.

There is very little margin for error due to how iconic those characters are. That =/= people never fukk them up, though.

Fred.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Exactly.

And what cats don't seem to understand is, a mediocre Thor movie isn't the same as a mediocre Batman V Superman movie or Justice League movie. Hell, the entire MCU is B tier (Thor) to literally Z tier (GOTG) characters....the expectations are far less for Marvel. You can't fukk up Batman or Superman, or Justice League....you can fukk up Antman.

Fred.

Hence why they so carefully took care of Spider-Man.

The brand of Marvel is Peter Parker.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you guys understood my point. :gucci:

Clearly they can fukk up those characters. I'm saying nobody cares if you make a mediocre Antman, or Thor, or Ironman movie. People definitely care if you fukk up Batman or Superman.

There is very little margin for error due to how iconic those characters are. That =/= people never fukk them up, though.

Fred.

There's a reason why 97 Batman brought the genre to a screeching halt.

Because an iconic character got botched.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
There is a big difference between having

22 flicks connected that took their time over 11 years

And had a few stinkers
IM2
IM3
Thor 2
AOU

Thor 1
Ant man 1 and 2
Captain Marvel

I think we sometimes selectively forget that comic book movies didn’t begin in 2008, they began much much earlier. Other than maybe Blade, no one gives Marvel credit for any of the other films with Marvel characters, so maybe yes for Marvel it did start in 2008 but everyone else had the benefit and head start of over 5-10+ movies and franchises under their belts.

Also the narrative that “Marvel never takes risk” is false and disingenuous just off that strength that doing the whole cinematic universe thing was a huge risk in itself at the time.

Fiegie on record stated that many at that time we’re against it or thought that concept would fail. Further proof even being when other studios prior thought to attempt to do it or try would get dismissed and rejected from the higher ups cuz they didn’t want to take “that RISK”

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I think we sometimes selectively forget that comic book movies didn’t begin in 2008, they began much much earlier. Other than maybe Blade, no one gives Marvel credit for any of the other films with Marvel characters, so maybe yes for Marvel it did start in 2008 but everyone else had the benefit and head start of over 5-10+ movies and franchises under their belts.

Also the narrative that “Marvel never takes risk” is false and disingenuous just off that strength that doing the whole cinematic universe thing was a huge risk in itself at the time.

Fiegie on record stated that many at that time we’re against it or thought that concept would fail. Further proof even being when other studios prior thought to attempt to do it or try would get dismissed and rejected from the higher ups cuz they didn’t want to take “that RISK”

What I mean by " risk" is that if DC was smart they could do a psychological thriller like with Hugo Strange that in the MCU quite frankly has not happened yet. Their current characters take a bit darker walk on the wrong side of the streets.

Yes they pioneered the universe but overall their films so far have the same basic story arc. That's not a bad thing but there's not much cinematic difference from Captain America 1 and say Captain Marvel. (underdog, challenge, mentor, bad guy, victory) yes Infinity War and Endgame challenged that theory.

I think with Blade and the Fox properties now (much better villains too) we'll get those "out of the box" movies from the MCU.

Death of Superman was a life altering event comic wise and would have been much MUCH BETTER served like 10 years in with Doomsday. Sigh.......

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
What I mean by " risk" is that if DC was smart they could do a psychosocial thriller like with Hugo Strange that in the MCU quite frankly has not happened yet. Their current characters take a bit darker walk on the wrong side of the streets.

Yes they pioneered the universe but overall their films so far have the same basic story arc. That's not a bad thing but there's not much cinematic difference from Captain America 1 and say Captain Marvel. (underdog, challenge, mentor, bad guy, victory) yes Infinity War and Endgame challenged that theory.

I think with Blade and the Fox properties now (much better villains too) we'll get those "out of the box" movies from the MCU.

Death of Superman was a life altering event comic wise and would have been much MUCH BETTER served like 10 years in with Doomsday. Sigh.......

I feel you but the key thing like you say “they could” meaning thus far they haven’t. Overall every character has taken on or has the ability to take on darker sides if need.

And if DC was smart, there is a lot shyt they could’ve and should’ve been doing decades ago.

It doesn’t make sense for them to be pushed to do certain things due the the fact that other studios are doing it now.

Truth be told lot of these films already have or been taking risk. Some was a success and some where failures. What Fox did with the last F4 was the prime example of a risk.

I think truth be told. The basic story arc you told is pretty much the comic book genre overall in general. The bolded was pretty much the same shyt that happened in Even new shyt like “The Boys, Doom Patrol, and even many movies DC, Marvel, and them independent jawns.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Sad part is when Darkseid comes all the kids and general public gonna be asking why DC jocked Thanos :francis:

That’s something that should just be responded with a :yeshrug:

It kinda comes with the territory.

Just like them same kids gonna think Marvel joking DC Aquaman when they finally bring Namor to the big screen.

It just kinda is what it is and some of these hills ain’t worth fighting for and dying on