Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
you've heard of Dark Knight right ?? what part of that Joker was in the comics ?? what part of Black Panther mythos is Killmonger his cousin ??

you nikkas need to shut the fucc up and enjoy the film.
I will start off by saying suck a dikk. Did I complain or say that I am not watching . I stated I don’t know how I feel about a comic book movie having no bases on the comic book.

The shyt you named all had bases in he comic book mythology. The joker had the ruthlessness of the joker in the dark knight. Killmonger was a change but the rest of black panther was based on the story of comic books.

Again I must insist you go suck a dikk.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They was actually doing campy silly stuff first as they had decades of a head start before Marvel:usure:

And then look at their CWDC shows
Yea well that was a whole different Universe... Since Marvel came with the connected franchise, DC rebooted batman and then threw together a DCU... It failed. My man came with the idea to say fukk that shyt, lets go the complete opposite way.

I'm saying that's a great idea. Don't be pepsi to coke.. Be Henny nikka... Don't even try that style no more, go completely left. The lane is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Because their stupid asses think that shyt doesn't draw money now
They better wake up... I hope Marvel wakes up now that Blade is coming. I hope they start toning these joints down a little bit and get to some raw shyt. Wolverine was more the style I need. Even Inf. War part 1. I hope X-men and all the mutant shyt is cold like that. fukk all this Disney shyt. Comic books were raw as fukk and spoke on social issues and dark topics a lot. These movies are so watered down

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea well that was a whole different Universe... Since Marvel came with the connected franchise, DC rebooted batman and then threw together a DCU... It failed. My man came with the idea to say fukk that shyt, lets go the complete opposite way.

I'm saying that's a great idea. Don't be pepsi to coke.. Be Henny nikka... Don't even try that style no more, go completely left. The lane is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open

Yea.... but this still only one movie.

Shazaam was connected to the current DCU and also Birds of Prey and WW2 still gonna keep the connection. They still not necessarily Henny.

But I hear you. They still need to do whats best for them and the franchises and if telling a lot of jokes and being as campy as Aquaman and Shazaam works for them. So be it, people loved those movies

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

For characters like Joker and Batman 'dark and gritty' work. But when you try and do it with people with actual powers it is hard to be dead serious with such imaginary fantastical elements. Not impossible but harder.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I will start off by saying suck a dikk. Did I complain or say that I am not watching . I stated I don’t know how I feel about a comic book movie having no bases on the comic book.

The shyt you named all had bases in he comic book mythology. The joker had the ruthlessness of the joker in the dark knight. Killmonger was a change but the rest of black panther was based on the story of comic books.

Again I must insist you go suck a dikk.

3kkpKFo.gif

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
For characters like Joker and Batman 'dark and gritty' work. But when you try and do it with people with actual powers it is hard to be dead serious with such imaginary fantastical elements. Not impossible but harder.
Yea I was trying to think of a movie like that, but I can't. Think like that superhero flick with Michael B Jordan back in the day... Where regular kids get powers.. Or even Hancock (let me explain)..

You don't always need to fight the destruction of earth.. Have big ass battles with hundreds of jobbers so we get some cool choreography and a big show of how powerful they are...

MOS is the perfect example........... Those fights and actions scenes was HITTING and you had the 4 of the most powerful people fighting. Dudes could fly, shoot lasers, lift buildings, throw semis, take on jets 1 on 1.... and yet it never got over the top, campy, lets fly from here to space and back, unleash the 150 henchmen, hey let me do the ultra destructive move to kill them all at once

Nah they was just getting busy in that thing. Almost a street fight with powers instead of large scale thing. That's what I wish both studios would try out more. Blade, Wolverine, Dark Knight, MOS type of action. If I gotta watch one more OP dude leap into battle vs the main guy and his henchmen, I'm out

Dark and gritty alone will not solve their problems
Well to fair, the full quote spoke of amazing directors, less is more style... If I ranked my fav comic book movies, less is more would probably be all the top 10.... IW 1, Dr. strange, wolverine, blade, dark knight, mos, the captain americas, BP, antman, first GOTG...........

As I'm writing this, I see that's just MY style... Yea I can't do OP superheros.. I think cosmic marvel is gonna lose me completely. I need some reality and real world issues and consequences

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea I was trying to think of a movie like that, but I can't. Think like that superhero flick with Michael B Jordan back in the day... Where regular kids get powers.. Or even Hancock (let me explain)..

You don't always need to fight the destruction of earth.. Have big ass battles with hundreds of jobbers so we get some cool choreography and a big show of how powerful they are...

MOS is the perfect example........... Those fights and actions scenes was HITTING and you had the 4 of the most powerful people fighting. Dudes could fly, shoot lasers, lift buildings, throw semis, take on jets 1 on 1.... and yet it never got over the top, campy, lets fly from here to space and back, unleash the 150 henchmen, hey let me do the ultra destructive move to kill them all at once

Nah they was just getting busy in that thing. Almost a street fight with powers instead of large scale thing. That's what I wish both studios would try out more. Blade, Wolverine, Dark Knight, MOS type of action. If I gotta watch one more OP dude leap into battle vs the main guy and his henchmen, I'm out

Well to fair, the full quote spoke of amazing directors, less is more style... If I ranked my fav comic book movies, less is more would probably be all the top 10.... IW 1, Dr. strange, wolverine, blade, dark knight, mos, the captain americas, BP, antman, first GOTG...........

As I'm writing this, I see that's just MY style... Yea I can't do OP superheros.. I think cosmic marvel is gonna lose me completely. I need some reality and real world issues and consequences
Watchmen was dead serious and had Dr. Manhattan but you see how it played out. Not a lot of action.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Watchmen was dead serious and had Dr. Manhattan but you see how it played out. Not a lot of action.
I honestly have to watch that again. I got the extended cut and all that. I saw it once when it was in theaters and never once thought about it again. Wasn't even all that great TO ME AT THE TIME..

Grow up and see everyone holds it in such high regard, so I keep putting it on my list to give an honest, adult rewatch, I just never get around to it

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dark and gritty alone will not solve their problems

What problems? Aquaman just printed money. It made well over a billion. Wonder Woman is printing money. Margot Robbie next movie is gonna print money. Shazam was low budget and made money.

I really don't think a lot of you have any clue about the financials :manny: