Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So if none of the origins are canon, why are we supposed to be upset that he's making up his own?

A segment of the audience is gonna be pissed anyway, if he doesn't fall in a vat of chemicals, if he's not Red Hood, if he's not a comedian. 89 Joker had him being the one to kill the Waynes, in the Dark Knight he gives a couple of stories but it's hinted that he was a soldier that got fukked up in an explosion, Suicide Squad Joker fell in a vat of chemicals.
If the movie is bad or average people will say, "Why didn't they just use story X, Y or Z! It was right there to be adapted instead you did this A, B or C bullshyt!" You know how people say BvS should have been World's Finest?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This dude wants a shot by shot remake a comic book but he's bytched about movies that were done that way also. Let it be known he just a stan and stans will stan. :manny:

People like "Hollywood ain't creative!"

and then people like "No, don't do something different :sadbron: "
You're a self-admitted stan, so don't act like you are above the fray. :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don’t even know what’s going on in here, why cats is mad or why other cats are taking passive aggressive elementary level shots at folks:mjlol:

But on topic, this still sounds interesting. I just hope around Comicon, even though they not attending. They drop another trailer.

I’m cool with them not doing a comic origin of AFleck as no one really knows his background :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
dikkheads will cheer at Parker being iron man jnr, will cheer at mj NOT being Mj but being alluded to it, will cheer at stark being the ''uncle ben'', will cheer at everyone damn near knowing this fucc nikkas identity before the events of ''FFH'' but

dear lawd someone wants to put a spin on a Joker story and all hell breaks loose.. suckas

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
giphy.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:snoop: Not that it can't work but making up a new story entirely is just a really unnecessary heavy lift that brings down the percentages of it being well received.
There is no definitive existing story for The Joker's origin anyway so I don't see how that becomes a heavy lift when it creates a certain level of freedom for the writer(s).

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Or it has been proven when you don't use the source material at all the comic readers are upset, they usually are the first to go to these movies and then they provide poor word of mouth. I just want the film to do well. :manny:
You are giving comic book readers way too much credit for not only portion of a movie's audience but also for how much sway they have when it comes to making or breaking a film based on their reviews.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Choose one then? :ld:
What is the best origin comic book movie that completely ignored the source material?
Him being a failed comedian who finally snaps one day is one of the many nebulous possible origins of The Joker though. So that makes this movie based on something from the comic if you want to go by that metric.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
There is no definitive existing story for The Joker's origin anyway so I don't see how that becomes a heavy lift when it creates a certain level of freedom for the writer(s).
Freedom is overrated IMO. Many writers say circumstances, rules and parameters force them to be even more creative. When you have complete control a lot of time you wind up making a movie you want to see personally and not something for the existing fans of the character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You are giving comic book readers way too much credit for not only portion of a movie's audience but also for how much sway they have when it comes to making or breaking a film based on their reviews.
I think a lot of fans of these movies are fans of past iterations whether it be a comic or cartoon. That's why many have such huge % drops after opening weekend.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Freedom is overrated IMO. Many writers say circumstances, rules and parameters force them to be even more creative. When you have complete control a lot of time you wind up making a movie you want to see personally and not something for the existing fans of the character.
But if there was any character that a certain amount of license could be given to it is The Joker just because there is no definitive origin story to tie him to...besides comic book movies aren't made for comic book fans because there are not enough of them to matter when it comes to box office returns.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But if there was any character that a certain amount of license could be given to it is The Joker just because there is no definitive origin story to tie him to...besides comic book movies aren't made for comic book fans because there are not enough of them to matter when it comes to box office returns.
I personally would like to see some comic stuff in the movie. But in my original comment being completely original does not automatically make it 'bad' just harder to make good IMO. I really hope they give us something good/great.