Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or it has been proven when you don't use the source material at all the comic readers are upset, they usually are the first to go to these movies and then they provide poor word of mouth. I just want the film to do well. :manny:
But there's no "one" origin story for the Joker.

It's not like someone doing a Superman movie and making him a kid born in Detroit that got his powers getting struck by lightning.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This is the most DC thing they could do. Elseworld and Vertigo are the one thing DC always had over Marvel.

What’s bad about adapting what DC is good at.

If someone does Red Son.. I’ll be first in line.
Uh they aren't adapting anything from the comics, they are ignoring it all and doing their own thing Elseworld or otherwise. :what:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Uh they aren't adapting anything from the comics, they are ignoring it all and doing their own thing Elseworld or otherwise. :what:

:stopitslime:

If this is successful you think they won’t try more?

And if they try new stuff. Who cares. You want big names like Del Toro adapting something like Kamandi he has free reign over or want 15 more versions of Batman Elseworlds just cause it’s an adaptation?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It's not like someone doing a Superman movie and making him a kid born in Detroit that got his powers getting struck by lightning.
Choose one then? :ld:
What is the best origin comic book movie that completely ignored the source material?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:stopitslime:

If this is successful you think they won’t try more?

And if they try new stuff. Who cares. You want big names like Del Toro adapting something like Kamandi he has free reign over or want 15 more versions of Batman Elseworlds just cause it’s an adaptation?
I want a good movie, I really don't care. I'm just saying why reinvent the wheel if you don't have to? :yeshrug: I hope whatever they do is a great story and a smashing success.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I want a good movie, I really don't care. I'm just saying why reinvent the wheel if you don't have to? :yeshrug: I hope whatever they do is a great story and a smashing success.

If I thought they were sacrificing one for the other I’d agree but as far as I can tell Batman’s universe is being rebuilt with Reeves so some kind of Joker(Leto or not) is coming. This is just it’s own thing that won’t damage that even if it’s terrible so there’s no downside to me.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
This facepaint shyt is so wack :hhh:

At least Leto had the bleached skin

oh shut the fukkk up. if you want bleached skin watch Leto, if you want scar crazy watch Heath, if you want something new.. then Phoenix is here..

dumbasses want everything to be the same. go make your own then puta

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Choose one then? :ld:
What is the best origin comic book movie that completely ignored the source material?

but the Joker has no known told origin other than falling in Ace chemicals.

Even in dark knight he gave two different versions of how he got his scares..

DC has this 3 joker thing now.... there is no source material .... think of this as one possible story but we wont know what's true cause he'll never say

actually.. the BAtman: 3 Jokers comes out later this year

Last edited:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

"If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice"

This sums up the Joker's origin

Which makes it ironic people are going to bytch about this
what if we're just being trolled by a superior being
giphy.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
but the Joker has no known told origin other than falling in Ace chemicals.

Even in dark knight he gave two different versions of how he got his scares..

DC has this 3 joker think now.... there is no source material .... think of this as one possible story but we wont know what's true cause he'll never say
He has stories about his origins just none of them are confirmed to be true. CHOOSE ONE, why make up something unnecessarily? It is a sure fire way to lose a segment of the audience.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has stories about his origins just none of them are confirmed to be true. CHOOSE ONE, why make up something unnecessarily? It is a sure fire way to lose a segment of the audience.
So if none of the origins are canon, why are we supposed to be upset that he's making up his own?

A segment of the audience is gonna be pissed anyway, if he doesn't fall in a vat of chemicals, if he's not Red Hood, if he's not a comedian. 89 Joker had him being the one to kill the Waynes, in the Dark Knight he gives a couple of stories but it's hinted that he was a soldier that got fukked up in an explosion, Suicide Squad Joker fell in a vat of chemicals.