Gotham City
We'll See.
giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Guardians, Stranger Things, Atomic Blonde...

They gotta capitalize on the 80s kick Hollywood's on while it's hot

But I really think they're just winging it. Otherwise they set dates for shyt instead of just unveiling fancy logos.

See part of me is there but the other part of me is with this article on collider

Why a Joker Origin Movie Is the Way Forward for Warner Bros.’ DC Properties

It's one of those things that could be awful if it doesn't work but if it does it could be part of a new wave

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Isn't the point of the Joker is that we have no idea who he really is and have no idea what his motives are?? Why DC why?
There have been multiple Joker origin stories published. Its not like dude was shrouded in mystery and no attempts were made to show his origin. Its just that DC has never confirmed one origin as the official one.
And the reason why is the same reason we got a Wolverine origin in the comics and movies: money.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
No the fukk it ain't :russ:

People been saying this for years and it still makes no sense. Wonder Woman just made 800 mil, this train aint stopping anytime soon.

that's one movie and it was catered to women and includes one of the most iconic heroes out there.

i can't speak for everyone I'll just say that I'm a comic head thru and thru. And even I've been worn out with all the comic book movies. I watched Dr. Strange hella late. I haven't watched Thor 2 and not planning on seeing Thor 3. I haven't seen GotG 2 yet. I haven't bothered with the Iron Fist show and had no real desire to watch The Defenders. Lastly, I never even spent one second on the Agents of Shield show.

There's just too much out there. It's oversaturated and I'm sure the numbers would prove that out on some of the non-blockbuster franchises​

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
that's one movie and it was catered to women and includes one of the most iconic heroes out there.

i can't speak for everyone I'll just say that I'm a comic head thru and thru. And even I've been worn out with all the comic book movies. I watched Dr. Strange hella late. I haven't watched Thor 2 and not planning on seeing Thor 3. I haven't seen GotG 2 yet. I haven't bothered with the Iron Fist show and had no real desire to watch The Defenders. Lastly, I never even spent one second on the Agents of Shield show.

There's just too much out there. It's oversaturated and I'm sure the numbers would prove that out on some of the non-blockbuster franchises​
Live action Disney story remakes and Star Wars shyt is the only 2 things banking more than comic book movies. Shyt is not stopping anytime soon. It's really now at the point if you ain't making shyt for kids, or Star Wars/comic book nerds you might as well put that shyt on streaming or cable. Regular genres like romance, comedy, thrillers, etc. movie bubble popped, not the other way around.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I still hate Ledger's Joker, of course his death didn't help the sycophants from not saying he was the greatest....he isn't. However he did play a great "Anarchist #9" in the movie and for that, his performance was excellent. But Leto in the short time given, did a better job of adding a persona to the Joker. Proper face paint, hair color/design, and the overall mobster feel (kiss the ring scene, suits, cane, etc). Nolan made him too literal, and missed out on the irony.

The tattoo's and grills are fine due to the comic books already doing both, but posers on here will still complain, without doing any research. Everything on Leto's Joker was an easter egg and to my expectation, none of the "fans" got it. While Leto wasn't the best....he's definitely top 5.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Letos Gangsta ass Joker is my favorite i cant even front
Salute to Jack Nicholson and Health Ledger but
Leto Joker movie would be cinematic gold...
Dirty white boy from the hood..give him black and mixed ethnic goons...New jack city swag origin
:mjgrin:

DCcomics.com cut me that check ...
Make yall an even bigger check
:steviej:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You guys know damn well that Scorsese is only putting his name on this for a bag of money that will allow him to make a passion project of his. Dude will probably just give a few pointers on what the 80s were like and maybe make negotiations with Leo easier if he's on the short list.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the biggest takeaway from this movie is gonna be people just talking about how much better this joker is than the other joker, b/c Leto is still the DCEU Joker.

Sony is gonna watch this and introduce a new Spiderman that corresponds with Tom Holland's Spiderman in their stupid "Non-Spidey Spideyverse."