Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Him not being the real Joker or an inspiration to the real one I can see happening or I can see him lying about his entire "origin" and we don't find out until the end so we still don't know who he really was just like the Joker in the comics.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are they gonna have the Joker killing innocent people (men, women, and children) and wilding for two hours, or are they gonna p*ssy out, have this be a remake of Taxi Driver meets The King of Comedy, and only reveal a Joker who blows up a brothel or something in the last 15 minutes? The reason why Ledger was legendary was because he did all manner of craziness onscreen (think about it: he put a pencil in someone's brain, shot up one of his fellow bank robbers, let another get hit by a bus, taunted a room full of criminals with dozens of grenades in his coat, blew up a hospital, disfigured the DA's face, blew up Rachel, blew up a stooge in police custody, poisoned a judge, tortured a fake Batman and aired the tape on live TV, etc.). shyt was thorough. I see no evidence in the teaser that they're going there, but I hope I'm wrong. We know Joaquin can act disturbed onscreen but if he ain't gonna do shyt, it won't have much effect.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are they gonna have the Joker killing innocent people (men, women, and children) and wilding for two hours, or are they gonna p*ssy out, have this be a remake of Taxi Driver meets The King of Comedy, and only reveal a Joker who blows up a brothel or something in the last 15 minutes? The reason why Ledger was legendary was because he did all manner of craziness onscreen (think about it: he put a pencil in someone's brain, shot up one of his fellow bank robbers, let another get hit by a bus, taunted a room full of criminals with dozens of grenades in his coat, blew up a hospital, disfigured the DA's face, blew up Rachel, blew up a stooge in police custody, poisoned a judge, tortured a fake Batman and aired the tape on live TV, etc.). shyt was thorough. I see no evidence in the teaser that they're going there, but I hope I'm wrong. We know Joaquin can act disturbed onscreen but if he ain't gonna do shyt, it won't have much effect.
I mean, the movie is about the shyt that led to him becoming the Joker, so it won't be two hours of him doing Joker shyt.

Ledger's Joker was already the Joker.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
did you even read the title of this thread? :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

erFKFzg.png

What part of "origin" do you not understand?

If Ledger was doing a Joker origin movie he wouldn't have done none of the shyt he did in "The Dark Knight", either....he would've been a struggling comedian that loses his mind.

Fred.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
That was done in the 80's breh.

Jokerorig.png

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not sure where the idea came from that Joker is just some maniac serial killer with no back story. Dude was a comedian with a wife he loved in "The Killing Joke". He even had a kid on the way.

Fred.
fair. my favorite Joker is still the one from the 1989 Batman movie. I'm not a comic book head like that. tho I have in the last few years started reading more and watching the new DC animated movies

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fair. my favorite Joker is still the one from the 1989 Batman movie. I'm not a comic book head like that. tho I have in the last few years started reading more and watching the new DC animated movies

I'm not a comic head either, ain't read them in like 25 years. But this version of The Joker has been around since 1988 in a story called "The Killing Joke".

But Joker don't have one origin. Just like there's not really one version of Batman. The Keaton Batman is dope for different reasons than the Nolan Batman.

Both are equally valid though. Same as The Joker.

Fred.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
they did make an animated killing joke two years ago

doesn't live up to the audiobook I would find on youtube or the actual comic book tho :martin:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
erFKFzg.png

What part of "origin" do you not understand?

If Ledger was doing a Joker origin movie he wouldn't have done none of the shyt he did in "The Dark Knight", either....he would've been a struggling comedian that loses his mind.

Fred.

That's just excuses to make a boring movie. Iron Man is an origin movie, but that shyt is fire. Spending 90 minutes on Joaquin moping around in a fake Taxi Driver is cheating the audience.