Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That was done in the 80's breh.

Jokerorig.png

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not sure where the idea came from that Joker is just some maniac serial killer with no back story. Dude was a comedian with a wife he loved in "The Killing Joke". He even had a kid on the way.

Fred.

That story was framed as a Batman and Joker story.

This one is just Joker. Hopefully the story unfolds to show him as “ everyone is the hero of their own story” but he’s obviously disturbed.

The way the trailer twist the comic movie tropes gives me hope.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Joker doesn’t have a definitive backstory
He is whatever he needs to be as an anti thesis to Gotham and specifically Batman
Check out endgame by dc

I never said he had a definitive back story. I said him being depicted as an actual, three dimensional sympathetic human being was done 30 years ago.

It reminds me of when the Nolan films dropped and people acted like Batman ain't had dark, serious stories.

This one is just Joker. Hopefully the story unfolds to show him as “ everyone is the hero of their own story” but he’s obviously disturbed.

I know but the complaints in this thread aren't "where's Batman?"....it's "why is he being depicted as an anti-hero and/or sympathetic."

The whole point of "The Killing Joke" wasn't The Joker was already fukked up....it was the exact opposite. It was, anyone can turn into him given the right circumstances.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, I'm fine with that as long as they go full Joker with him at the end. I don't want to see him do some batshyt insane stuff and then look at a lonely child and put on a sad face or something :heh:

Show me the full transformation and that he's become a monster that can't turn back. Again, Walter White on steroids :ufdup:

If they do that it'll fukk up the character. The reason the character is so great is because he's not special. He's a regular guy who lost his mind after a particularly bad day.

Up to that point, he was sympathetic. After that point....no. Once he's gone, he's gone.

Fred.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If they do that it'll fukk up the character. The reason the character is so great is because he's not special. He's a regular guy who lost his mind after a particularly bad day.

Up to that point, he was sympathetic. After that point....no. Once he's gone, he's gone.

Fred.
You don’t know what may happen
We can end the film with a whole nother joker at the end reveal he was lying about he entire tale and we get another version of his origin with Daniel day Lewis ffs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You don’t know what may happen
We can end the film with a whole nother joker at the end reveal he was lying about he entire tale and we get another version of his origin with Daniel day Lewis ffs

Fam you aren't understanding my point.

I never said the movie would unfold a certain way. After the trailer people asked "why are they making him sympathetic?"

I pointed out it's nothing new. That's it. Certain Joker stories have painted him as sympathetic since the 80's. Whether or not he's lying about it has nothing to do with anything.

Fred.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps

How so batman hardly had as much shine as joker in that story

• Dap
Reactions: hex

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This too.

Batman was in it but it was clearly Joker's story. This looks to be the same, but with no Batman as far as I know.

Fred.

I think it's implied that Batman, arguably a young Batman is around. I'm basing it when by that one politician in the trailer talking about "hiding in masks"... it sounded like a clear misdirect.