Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
My biggest issue with the movie, outside of it being an origin story, is that they are doing an origin story and the actor has a one film contract. That makes zero sense to me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My biggest issue with the movie, outside of it being an origin story, is that they are doing an origin story and the actor has a one film contract. That makes zero sense to me.

It’s a self contained story homie. You can do whatever you want when it’s one and done

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What is going on? This movie and thread? Who wants a stand alone Joker movie with no Ledger? I just don't understand what DC is thinking with this and how they think it will be good. Didnt they learn their lesson from Suicide Squad debacle?

There was no 'Suicide Squad debacle'... I didn't like the movie but to say there wasn't interest is false. The box office numbers were huge. So what in your opinion Joker should be retired as on screen character because Ledger is dead?

Not gonna happen. Joker is probably the most popular villain in comic books. I think it's smart to do a movie like this, it's a low risk and high reward. It won't cost much to make. The profits could be big.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So we really think if this is a huge success they won't try to spin it off into a franchise or universe in some type of way? I mean I hope not but execs are greedy.
Thats exactly what I'm saying and why I don't understand the reason for this. It makes tons of money you know they gonna green light it for a followup so the stand alone movie concept WB is trying to portray seems like BS. A spin off or sequel is happening if this makes money. Sounds like they just throwing shyt at the wall and see what sticks.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats exactly what I'm saying and why I don't understand the reason for this. It makes tons of money you know they gonna green light it for a followup so the stand alone movie concept WB is trying to portray seems like BS. A spin off or sequel is happening if this makes money. Sounds like they just throwing shyt at the wall and see what sticks.

I'm sure there's that too but at the same time, if a filmmaker comes to you with an idea that you think is a good one and has one of the greatest actors alive attached and, at the time, one of the greatest directors ever as a producer, you jump at it. You partner with filmmakers with strong visions and dope actors and let them tell their stories, much like they did with Nolan. You don't have to do the interconnected story thing just because that's what Marvel is doing and what we're becoming accustomed to. Do what you want to do and find what works for you so that means you gotta experiment and play around with shyt.

The beauty of their current situation with Superman and Batman being in flux and the justice league being all but defunct on screen, they can now experiment. shyt I'd LOVE to see a movie adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt but at the rate we're going, that probably won't happen till I'm 50 or maybe not at all. But if a director/writer came to Marvel and Sony with an idea to do it 2 years from now or 4, I really wish they'd take that chance to do it. But, probably won't happen and part of me hates that.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Has Suicide Squad 2 been green lit? I heard Black Adam's being named the villian which is weird but is anything set in stone? shyt I want a Lobo movie.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
It’s a self contained story homie. You can do whatever you want when it’s one and done

Yeah I get that but if that's the case I, personally, have less interest in seeing it. It's the Joker, if it doesn't lead to something long term I just want him to be already established like in The Dark Knight.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
So we really think if this is a huge success they won't try to spin it off into a franchise or universe in some type of way? I mean I hope not but execs are greedy.
It be cool if they hit it out the park and he was the joker in the second batman (from looks alone its much better than leto, imo), but i doubt that will happen....all indications are that its a one off...

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't necessarily disagree but I doubt that'll ever happen. Separating The Film Room from The Arcadium was like pulling teeth....there's still people to this day that complain about it.

Fred.
Oh. yikes.

The weird thing is nerd stuff isn't all the same so why would people treat it that way?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This DC black/dark really should just do Anthologies. Do Batman stories, Superman stories, Flash stories etc. And ALL the movies are self contained. You could do multiple Batman associated movies but none rely on one another and you could cast different Jokers, Batmans, Robin's etc. Every other year. I think the comic book movie audience would like that.