Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
I’m guessing there were post deleted cause I have no idea what y’all are talking about :patrice:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Or movie in you know a movie forum?
You mean these lukewarm ass cape flicks coming from both companies? That's probably why the stan wars are so fierce...the movies themselves aren't much to talk about so yall get fixated on box office numbers and percieved "greatness" from one side selling more than the other :fohch:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You mean these lukewarm ass cape flicks coming from both companies? That's probably why the stan wars are so fierce...the movies themselves aren't much to talk about so yall get fixated on box office numbers and percieved "greatness" from one side selling more than the other :fohch:
Lukewarm is subjective homie. And look at the scoreboard, the highest selling movies this year are comic book movies and the threads about these movies in this forum do more numbers than most so again some people disagree about how much there is to talk about. But if you're not interested by all means pay it no mind it will cost you nothing.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Lukewarm is subjective homie. And look at the scoreboard, the highest selling movies this year are comic book movies and the threads about these movies in this forum do more numbers than most so again some people disagree about how much there is to talk about. But if you're not interested by all means pay it no mind it will cost you nothing.

I'm all for people talking about what they want but when you have two posters with over 3300 posts in the Black Panther thread it makes you think.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for people talking about what they want but when you have two posters with over 3300 posts in the Black Panther thread it makes you think.

Eh, a decent chunk of that thread was comic talk over the course of a couple years. I'd say half the posts, at least. It wasn't a normal movie thread.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I mean that is an extreme interest but that's what messageboards are for. People discussing things they really enjoy.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Eh, a decent chunk of that thread was comic talk over the course of a couple years. I'd say half the posts, at least. It wasn't a normal movie thread.

Fred.
personally I think there should be a comic subsection here. We have so many fans it's kinda outta control.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
personally I think there should be a comic subsection here. We have so many fans it's kinda outta control.

I don't necessarily disagree but I doubt that'll ever happen. Separating The Film Room from The Arcadium was like pulling teeth....there's still people to this day that complain about it.

Fred.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Real talk

I don't...I don't understand this shyt. Are cats over there so out of touch???

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Captain Marvel thread: WB keeps making DC movies that NO ONE is asking for.

NO ONE WANTS A JOKER ORIGIN MOVIE

What they want is a Dark....GRITTY BATMAN MOVIE...WITH THE JOKER AS THE ANTAGONIST

And lo key....we got that...but Heath Ledger died and everything fell apart after that with the obvious DKR cash grab Bane force

So just START OVER...and do what Marvel is doing, ie. BUILD A UNIVERSE WITH A GOOD FOUNDATION and then incorporate the characters slowly but surely.

This is not what the fukk is happening. No...it's not...whoever is gonna respond to this and "But but but" no it's not breh that's not what's happening here, it's a fukking cash grab with a big name actor, none of this is going to be incorporated in a larger universe, and in the end we will be left sitting there wondering "Why was this made?".

I think I figured it out actually: Marvel is KILLING it with the superhero movies and DC and WB do not have a fukking clue, so they're gonna make their own shytTY movies in order to saturate the market and get people turned off from the whole thing so that Marvel will lose money.

Sabotage the Superhero/Comic Movie Game....that's DC/WB's plan

Do you nikkaz go outside or just type your personal feelings you want to push on others ...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What is going on? This movie and thread? Who wants a stand alone Joker movie with no Ledger? I just don't understand what DC is thinking with this and how they think it will be good. Didnt they learn their lesson from Suicide Squad debacle?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What is going on? This movie and thread? Who wants a stand alone Joker movie with no Ledger? I just don't understand what DC is thinking with this and how they think it will be good. Didnt they learn their lesson from Suicide Squad debacle?

Simple. They’re taking the approach of comics where you can have standalone stories or graphic novels that tell a specific story and isn’t chained to anything that came before it or may come after it.

Suicide squad made money so to say there was no interest in it makes no sense. Now if you want to talk quality that’s a different story but when a movie makes as much as that one did around the world, that means people were interested.

A joker movie in this vein or just any comic book movie in this vein is a good idea to me from any studio. Especially the more ubiquitous comic book flicks become; it’ll be good to have something that switches up the formula. It’s one reason I was looking forward to Logan and another reason people love Deadpool.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So we really think if this is a huge success they won't try to spin it off into a franchise or universe in some type of way? I mean I hope not but execs are greedy.